Dreams

Banjo said:
I had a dream that a clan of masked creatures began to attack the house so me, couple friends, and my brother threw veggies at them. But when I woke up, it was all over.
you must have played Super Mario Bros 2?

Over the past few nights I've been having this recurring dream about some building random building. There's some sort of market in the front of it. There's a science class in the stairwell taught by my science teacher from last year (who retired). Out one of the doors in another staircase was outer space.

This morning, after I woke up at 6 am and went back to sleep, I had a similar dream taking place in the building where I was at a balcony overlooking shoppers. In front of me was my laptop and to the side of me was my mother. I got mad at her for some reason and took a jug of milk and splashed a tiny bit on my laptop. (I did it without fear of it breaking, since I was partially aware I was in a dream.) The screen went blank except for a small white rectangle on it. I got madder and spilled the whole jug onto it. Then it started glitching out like crazy, and my mom yelled slowly and loudly "DOOOOOOO YOURRR HOMEEWORKKK."

yeah i have really random dreams sometimes

I dreamed a few years ago of visiting lots of new galaxies in Super Mario Galaxy.

Haven't had a dream I remember recently, but when I do remember, I can remember dreams for 1 week.

So . . . last night (or early in the morning), I got sleep paralyzed. I think it was because I woke up when I first started dreaming, which has something to do with REM sleep, I think. And then I had hallucinations about giant glowing pandas everywhere, and I thought, "the fuck is this?"

Then I had a dream about Minecraft.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was out with my father, grandfather and (late) grandmother for dinner out somewhere. Where we were meant to sit was surrounded by wasps. We travelled home in my dad's van, and suddenly, it got pretty creepy, because there was this big blue tarantula on my leg, and a normal-sized, normal-coloured tarantula, which was on top of it and biting it in the head. Both fell off after a while, because I assume the blue one died. It was creepy, but I kept calm throughout.

Last night I had a freaky Space Ghost Coast to Coast dream. In the dream, I was hired to do a reboot of the show, and for some reason I could do all the character's voices perfectly. Then some feminists made a female version of the show, where Space Ghost looked exactly the same except had boobs and lipstick. Zorak and Moltar looked the same but sounded more feminine.

Mason said:
Last night I had a freaky Space Ghost Coast to Coast dream. In the dream, I was hired to do a reboot of the show, and for some reason I could do all the character's voices permanently. Then some feminists made a female version of the show, where Space Ghost looked exactly the same except had boobs and lipstick. Zorak and Moltar looked the same but sounded more feminine.

What about Brak?

Mario4Ever said:
What about Brak?
Short answer: He wasn't in the dream.

Long answer: Strangely I had a dream earlier that night involving him, but it was like he was a real person. I guess once I transitioned into the dreams I described above, he didn't appear, since in those dreams it was about them being characters, not real people. I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Also, here's a mockup of how the female Space Ghost in my dream looked:

dmkis.png

Today, I had this dream where there was some portal to an alternate dimension in my school's lunchroom. The dimension's background looked like this and I met the devil in this dimension. It was really weird...

I was on my way to a college dorm or something, except the college was a very fancy skyscraper-type building. I saved this random girl from falling down the stairwell shaft, her mom gave me some random item from my childhood as thanks. Then I walked into my room and there were a couple people I knew who kept shifting from one person I knew to another as soon as I turned my back.

Then I woke up, and unfortunately couldn't continue the dream. It would have been interesting, to be sure, especially since I subscribe to Freud's theory that dreams somehow express our inner personality.

I had a dream on the holidays where I was in a golden hotel room with a bunch of friends with super powers, no idea who they were. I went outside and there was a helicopter, and my dad grabbed its leg and ripped it off and it crashed into me and the world blew up.

I once had a dream about discovering a new galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy. What was weird about it was that the hub looked like it did in Super Mario Galaxy 2(i.e. that there was some sort of Super Mario World-like world-map), and I had it before SMG2 was even announced.

I remember the galaxy having several thin walkways, and it was so annoying traversing them. I also remember it being in all colours ever. I only got to grab one star in the dream, so I don't know if it had more than 1.

Dr. Javelin said:
I was on my way to a college dorm or something, except the college was a very fancy skyscraper-type building. I saved this random girl from falling down the stairwell shaft, her mom gave me some random item from my childhood as thanks. Then I walked into my room and there were a couple people I knew who kept shifting from one person I knew to another as soon as I turned my back.

Then I woke up, and unfortunately couldn't continue the dream. It would have been interesting, to be sure, especially since I subscribe to Freud's theory that dreams somehow express our inner personality.

I never pegged you as a disciple of Freudian psychology. I personally see it as bull, but I'm glad it works for you.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
I had a dream I was a girl, and instead of being Red, I was randomly Dawn from Diamond and Pearl.
How did that douche sneak into your dream? Think Misty, for crying out loud!
Mason said:
where Space Ghost looked exactly the same except had boobs and lipstick.
I am predicting I will have a dream where everyone's opposite sex tonight.

Me? Well here's a whopper I got to share: I was playing a popular video game. Call of Duty, that is. Weirder still I was playing it with Justin Bieber.

Odd stuff, they are.

A while back, I had a dream that I was getting plastic surgery to become a baby(?) in the middle of a grocery store. I was behind a curtain, watching groceries slide on the belt through the cracks, and a surgeon cut off my legs at the knees with a jagged saw and attached my feet to where my knees were originally. He then put a hot, wax-like liquid on my scars and proceeded to rip them off, replacing them with clean, baby-smooth skin tiles that molded into my flesh perfectly. While he was turning to grab more awkward gadgets, I fell off of the surgeon's table into an 8-bit sidescroller with terrible controls (mostly reversed directional buttons, etc.) The surgeon was there, and the object was for us to both cross the level. Unfortunately, every time one of us fell down the cliff, we ended up back at the beginning, and the whole level would change each time. The last time I fell down the cliff, I fell back onto the surgeon's table, and he yelled at me in a fake foreign language that sounded like random keyboard keys being mashed, and for some odd reason, I understood every word. Turns out that he was angry because I ditched the table to play a "half-assed game"

TLDR;
Kids, don't do drugs.

I dreamt that I went to school today, and when I came back, my copies of Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 were replaced by my neighbor (who doesn't have a 3DS in real life) with Rayman Origins and Donkey Kong 64 3D. DK64 was what you'd expect, but Origins had GBA graphics (it was a legit 3DS game), and you played as Rayman and his bee sidekick. This bee could fly to areas Rayman could not reach and attacked by kicking things.

Back