Another original Sony move

This AR thing isn't really all that bad imo. I only really take offense at how Sony criticized motion controls a ton at the beginning and has recently treated them like the next big development.

Too be honest, the only thing I can think of when I read AR is Action Replay. The Action Replay used AR abbreviation first. FFFFFF SONY IS COPYING THE ACTION REPLAY! WTF DUDE? SOMEONE STOP THIS MADNESS. >:[

If you think nintendo came up with that form of augmented reality you're fucking retarded

No seriously, this warrants a double post. You're fucking retarded.

Now now Garlic calm down I know they're annoying fanboys but that won't help.

Oh Shit, bro. Now NINTENDO IS COPYING THE ACTION REPLAY. What lengths will these corporations go to to show their depravity towards innocent 3rd party abbreviations. Will their sick diabolical plans know no ends?

It's not like any of this matters anyway since we all know Nintendo's been ripping off Atari since day 1.

Herr Shyguy said:
It's not like any of this matters anyway since we all know Nintendo's been ripping off Atari since day 1.
Atari, really? Have you never played Spacewar?

Nabber said:
first of all, this is the Super Mario Boards. Of vourse we're fanboys.
Second, they're allowed to take ideas but the point is that they live off of Nintendo. They announced the Vita early just so they could cobat the 3DS conference that week. They're announcing augmented reality because Nintendo has it. But thei own innovations can be counted on my hands. Even this supposed Title Fight is beimg reported as a Smash Bros. clone. When they stop living off of Nintendo and take some initiative, then I will stop bashing them.
lol competition is a bad thing !!!11!1 NINTENDO 4EVAAAAAAAH !!1!!101!

There is something to be said about Sony's lack of originality, but their efficiency with their hardware is hard to question; Move, for instance, works a hell of a lot better than the Wiimote does, and their AR looks far more interesting than Nintendo's. But that's irrelevant, and I honestly don't care for the "who is better" argument at all. My point is that the games industry is built on sharing and borrowing ideas from each other. That's how it works. We're not going to get anywhere if people don't appropriate good ideas for the good of the industry and establish them as common place. For instance, where would we be if Nintendo didn't copy analog sticks from Atari?

So basically, Sony are doing something similar to Nintendo. Big fucking deal. It's not like Nintendo came up with half these ideas in the first place. Now get over it.

also;
Christian Brutal Sniper said:
No seriously, this warrants a double post. You're fucking retarded.
this may be really harsh, but goddammit it's true.

Ned Kelly said:
For instance, where would we be if Nintendo didn't copy analog sticks from Atari?
This never happened.

Do we need to break out the history of controllers flow chart?

controllerevolution.jpg

Spoilered for size.
Postin

Direct link if you cant load the spoiler fast enough, click [here].

*tries to suppress memories of the ones that sucked*

I think we do. (This is the same as Brock's link but with way more information because you can click on the images for more info on the controllers themselves) The 1982 Vectrex control, to the best of my knowledge, is the first use of an actual analog stick for video gaming. I don't know if there were optional specialized joysticks that Atari developed that were analog(I know some arcade games used them, like SEGA'S 1985 Space Harrier), but I know Atari never actually had an analog stick on their primary controllers. They did have a thumbstick pretty early on an alternative 7800 NES-style controller that actually screwed into the d-pad(this was even before the NES Max's early digital slidey disc thing).

TL;DR: Sony isn't really stealing anything, unless you're a fanboy so much you don't see reason, and everyone steals tech anyway.

That's about as concise as we'll get.

Funny how nobody here mentions the fact Nintendo didn't create touch screens operated by styluses.

They fucking stole it! Kill them with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneon--

Now, seriously, that's how it works. Someone creates something. It is highly successful. People implement that something into their products. They compete with that someone. Someone else creates something even better. It's even more successful. People use that idea, etc.

Just get over it.

P.S.: I'm a Nintendo fan, just so you know.

Other than the insults, I completely agree with the people who are defending Sony and the other companies. This stuff happens ALL. THE. TIME. Not limited to video games, but nearly everything you have right now, such as cars, computers, machines, etc.

Nabber said:
first of all, this is the Super Mario Boards. Of vourse we're fanboys.
>implying that since we're on a Mario forum we have to all hate Sony

Baby Luigi said:
This stuff happens ALL. THE. TIME. Not limited to video games, but nearly everything you have right now, such as cars, computers, machines, etc.
WINDOWS IS A RIPOFF OF A MAC HERP DERP. AND HONDA IS A RIPOFF OF FORD DERP DERP.

Except that macs are over priced hunks of junk, and windows actually makes decent products. dontgetmestartedonmacvswindows.

Back