Another original Sony move

I think it's just business. Technically, everyone's coping Nintendo because they brought 2D/3D games in to business. Big deal. Calm Down. People steal ideas all the time. For example, Apps on the market, cars, computers and a bunch of simple stuff.

Pinkie Pie said:
Because you're just a dumbfounded fanboy accusing Sony of ripping off Nintendo.
Everyone rips each other off time to time. It's just that I'm sick of them bashing every idea Nintendo has and then stealing them. At least Microsoft doesn't copy people all the time (correct me if I'm wrong).

Herr Shyguy said:
Now now Garlic calm down I know they're annoying fanboys but that won't help.

In retrospect, that wasn't nearly as doublepost-inducing as some of the other things I've seen on this forum.

While I don't like how they kind of just ripped off Nintendo's augmented reality cards, like everybody said, this stuff happens all the time. Looking at those games though, they look kinda fun. That one with the mirrors and lasers starting a rocket caught my attention.

Crackin355 said:
While I don't like how they kind of just ripped off Nintendo's augmented reality cards, like everybody said, this stuff happens all the time. Looking at those games though, they look kinda fun. That one with the mirrors and lasers starting a rocket caught my attention.
Crocodile Dippy said:
You people are beyond expectation. Do you masturbate to calling Sony unoriginal rip-offs? How the fuck do you "steal" an entire dimension or "augmented reality"? How do you steal an idea from Nintendo that they "stole" from another company? Why are you people such terrible fanboys?

I like how people don't bother read the first page to this topic.

when I said, "this stuff happens all the time" I also meant how nintendo and pretty much alot of companies do it. Geez, give me some respect, I'm not THAT dumb.

Sure that part was a good point, but the "ripped off" part just turns everyone off. :S. By that logic, Honda is totally ripping off Ford!

Pinkie Pie said:
Sure that part was a good point, but the "ripped off" part just turns everyone off. :S. By that logic, Honda is totally ripping off Ford!
They are? Tell me more!

They didn't rip off Nintendo with the AR thing. (OK so maybe they did.) It's still not as worse as the utter plagiarism of the Playstation Move, which is basically a Wiimote with a bulb on top.

Ultraluigi said:
They didn't rip off Nintendo with the AR thing. (OK so maybe they did.) It's still not as worse as the utter plagiarism of the Playstation Move, which is basically a Wiimote with a bulb on top.

*Puts up flame shield*

Crackin355 said:
Ultraluigi said:

*Puts up flame shield*
Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

I kind of agree with you, but I know that from what I've read, they don't like people saying that they copied/ripped off/plaegerised Nintendo.

The design is unoriginal, sure, but I would've thought Nintendo fanatics were a-OK with the whole "if it works, just run with it" line of thought.

I used to be a raging fanboy back then. But Motion Control has been done before, right? which would mean by the logic I used to go off, Nintendo ripped off motion control. But things like this happens all the time as everybody has stated. I really don't care all too much about it any more, since now it's just a battle of Fanboys to Logic

Crackin355 said:
I used to be a raging fanboy back then. But Motion Control has been done before, right? which would mean by the logic I used to go off, Nintendo ripped off motion control. But things like this happens all the time as everybody has stated. I really don't care all too much about it any more, since now it's just a battle of Fanboys to Logic
Yeah, my logic is kind of flawed. But I'm still peeved.

Ok, I shall now make a valid point that shall end this thread once and for all. For all you scatterbrained fanboys who claim Sony is so called "ripping off" you are utterly wrong. Ripping off is the same as plagiarism, and if Sony were so called "ripping off", they'd be arrested in the 90s. It's not ripping off, it's just inspiration. Almost every creation borrows another idea from something else, such as Microsoft making the Windows computer, which some borrowed some ideas from the Macintosh computer.

So to simplify all of this, inspiration =/= plagiarism.

Back