Nintendo needs to put in a shooting game again, and maybe do it with Mario.

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
My friend wants Call of Duty, but he is only 13 years old.

inb4somebodymentionsYoshi'sSafariorWiiPlay'sShootingRange

The problem with that idea is that it'd be horrendously dummied down for the kids. I sincerely doubt a Mario shooting game could be any sort of fun.

Why not? It would be Call of Duty style, but with little violence.

If you think a Mario shooter game could be anything like Call of Duty, then you quite obviously have never played a Call of Duty game before. Mario just isn't the right series to be an enjoyable shooter.

If Nintendo lets Microsoft or Sony lets them make a Mario game Call of Duty style, maybe it would happen.

SuperNick3DLand said:
If Nintendo lets Microsoft or Sony lets them make a Mario game Call of Duty style, maybe it would happen.
>implying that Microsoft and Sony makes Call of Duty games.

Baby Time said:
Call of Duty style, but with little violence.

We need Mario Football. Madden style, but without football.

Ned Kelly said:
saying a Mario shooter would be dumbed down

>>>gives Call of Duty as an example of a shooter that's not dumbed down

I don't know why you are so hostile to the concept, guys. There's already an illin' storyline floating out there.

Yes, this will seem like Complaining About Games I Don't Play, dismissed as trolling, and promptly deleted, but I just want to vent. Okay, first up: Mario.

* First point: The Mushroom Kingdom is a Sugar Bowl compared to anything resembling the real world. I know, games shouldn't try to look real, right? Wrong. I want to be able to feel like this place might just exist, and in making the Mushroom Kingdom such a Sickeningly Sweet place, Nintendo has alienated me from the series.

* Second, the characters. There's barely any characterization at all. Bowser's the villain, Peach is the princess that needs rescued, and the Mario brothers are the dudes who do the rescuing. Beyond that, there's nothing at all to tell you why you should do anything.

So what do I propose? Replace the Mario brothers. The next time Bowser kidnaps Peach, the brothers will gladly go in to rescue her, but this time King Koopa ain't messin' around. He kills the two guys when they enter his throne room. However, needing heroes, a new portal to the kingdom opens. This time, two mafia hitmen emerge, Mario and Luigi Corleone(yeah, I know, I just pulled that name straight from The Godfather, but it's all I could think of for American-Italians mafiosi. Sorry.). Their cover is that their family business is plumbing, but these two guys are here to kill people. They've got Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles and Colt M1911s. They hear of the kidnapped princess and decide to take on the job just for the cash. They kill their way through the Koopa hordes. Bowser is killed when a .30-06 round goes through his left eye. Peach is rescued, but neither of them get any romantic vibe. For these two, it's "Strictly business."

Glowsquid said:
Ned Kelly said:
saying a Mario shooter would be dumbed down

>>>gives Call of Duty as an example of a shooter that's not dumbed down
I did not give Call of Duty as an example of a shooter that's not dumbed down, although I suppose it was implied. But that wasn't what I meant; Baby Time just mentioned Call of Duty, so I ran with it.

I have huge doubts that Nintendo themselves would give a green light to that kind of idea.

What about Left 4 Goomba?

Gameplay-wise, I think a Mario shooter could work. Saying that it would be "dumbed-down" is implying the only reason you play shooters is to look at the gore and listen to profanity. I think I've said this before, but if they made the graphics and setting similar to the Strikers games they could manage to work in guns of some kind, and even in the incredibly unlikely(since they've done it before!) case that they couldn't, there are already canon projectile weapons(fire flowers) that could be used as a base for the weapons in the game. Heck, there are already vehicles(Yoshi) for those assholes who think every single fucking game needs vehicles. What's with that, anyway? It's like game developers think to themselves "OMG LOL IN THIS PART YOU DRIVE A MONSTER TRUCK XDDDD SO EPIC" and then it just falls flat on it's face. Stop doing this, game developers, you're messing up otherwise fine games.

apocalypseArisen said:
If they do, they probably won't release it in Europe or Australia.
This.

apocalypseArisen said:
If they do, they probably won't release it in Europe or Australia.

It's not a baseball game. And even if that were to happen, I would email to them and tell them to release it in both countries.

The only shooting games that I'd expect from the Mario series would either involve eggs, fireballs, Bob-ombs, or Bullet Bills.

There is a 0.11111111111111111111% chance that nintendo will make a Mario shooting game that is like Call of Duty.

Skull Kid said:
There is a 0.000000000000001% chance that nintendo will make a Mario shooting game that is like Call of Duty.
Fix'd.

I'm telling you guys, Left 4 Goomba and Left 4 Goomba 2 would be smash hits.

A L4D game Mario style would pretty much destabilize both series so much that neither would recover for awhile...

No it would just bomb and then Nintendo would be too scared to ever make an original idea for a while and Valve would probably make a hat about it or something the go back to not working on HL2:ep3.

I'd kill preorder Mario spin-off shovelware for a Mario hat in TF2.

Back