Mario or Luigi?

Who do you prefer: Mario or Luigi?

• Mario

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Luigi

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
Everyone's favorite plumber vs. a palette swap.

No contest.

Mario4Ever said:
Everyone's favorite plumber vs. a palette swap.

Sorry, he's not MY favorite plumber

The only reason I prefer Luigi was probably because my sister had Mario...so I had to go with Luigi in my very early childhood days. Besides, Luigi shares a lot in common to me with Mario to my sister: I am younger, yet taller and I prefer green over red.

Funny how I'm the only one who voted Luigi in this topic but made a post here, yet Luigi has more votes than Mario.

Come on, anonymous users, I don't want to be the only one here!

Baby Luigi said:
Funny how I'm the only one who voted Luigi in this topic but made a post here, yet Luigi has more votes than Mario.

Wrong. I voted Luigi.

Epic Nitwit said:
Baby Luigi said:

Wrong. I voted Luigi.

Sorry, but your post wasn't too clear to me. I think that "palette swap" you're referring to is Mario?

Luigi although he's a total puss he's still better than the arrogant and vain red guy

Baby Luigi said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Baby Luigi said:

Wrong. I voted Luigi.

Sorry, but your post wasn't too clear to me. I think that "palette swap" you're referring to is Mario?

Well, Mario4ever said the thing about the palette swap, and I was just joking about it. But you're right, I didn't make it clear enough, sorry.

Mario. There's just nothing so great about Luigi. He's a bit funny sometimes but not enough to make him my favorite.

None of them. Actually I only play as them when I have no other option, like Super Mario Galaxy or Luigi's Mansion. I never choose either of them in spin-offs...

BUT, if I had to choose one, I'd go with Luigi. At least he has a personality (which I kind of dislike, because he's a coward). Mario, on the other hand, just poker-faces during the whole game, never saying a complete dialog other than "Thank you so much-a for playing my game! Woo hoo!"

Sir Poshington the XV said:
Luigi although he's a total puss he's still better than the arrogant and vain red guy
Nowhere has Mario ever been shown to be arrogant or vain. Fans just made that up as an excuse for liking Luigi, when in reality they just hold a grudge against the cooler kids who always got to be Mario, like Baby Luigi here.

I like Luigi. He has a more developed personality than Mario.
But some of his fans like this:
120px-Mr._L.jpg

rather than this:
160px-Paper_Luigi.png

I like them both really.

I voted for Luigi. In fact, he was my favorite character some years ago, before Yoshi took that title.

Mario. Luigi is very overrated in my opinion.

mario is the better brother. luigi is for hipsters who shun mario because he's too "mainstream"

this isn't to say that luigi isn't a cool guy, but yeah.

Becky said:
mario is the better brother. luigi is for hipsters who shun mario because he's too "mainstream"

this isn't to say that luigi isn't a cool guy, but yeah.
Best response.

Mario. He may not jump as high, but Luigi's traction SUCKS.

As far as liking them as characters and not as players, it's true that Luigi has a more developed personality, but I like Mario's silence. I think it gives the game a more personal feel.

Back