Super Mario Kart

Who has played Super Mario Kart before?

• Yes

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
For now, I really appreciate the sprites of this game. I played all the Super Mario Kart courses via Super Circuit and it's funny how I am not used to seeing Rainbow Thwomps on SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 or Warp Pipes in the middle of the road in Mario Circuit 2.

I am not planning to play on this soon, however. The game doesn't really interest me as it is quite outdated for this age, even though it's really good at its time (plus, no voices D:). However, the courses IMO are well-thought out. Just because its flat doesn't mean it's boring!

BLOF and I haven't played the game in a while because our SNES was thrown away. We can play it on the emulator, because there is no way to prove that we just downloaded the game for free instead of ripping our legit copy of the game, then playing it on the emulator.

But, I highly discourage downloading games for free if you haven't paid for an actual copy yet. Nintendo needs that money to make more games.

Baby Luigi said:
For now, I really appreciate the sprites of this game. I played all the Super Mario Kart courses via Super Circuit and it's funny how I am not used to seeing Rainbow Thwomps on SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 or Warp Pipes in the middle of the road in Mario Circuit 2.

I am not planning to play on this soon, however. The game doesn't really interest me as it is quite outdated for this age, even though it's really good at its time (plus, no voices D:). However, the courses IMO are well-thought out. Just because its flat doesn't mean it's boring!

True. I think voices started on Super Circuit, am I right?

Nega-Man said:
True. I think voices started on Super Circuit, am I right?

Nope, Mario Kart 64

I also recall playing as Koopa Troopa or Yoshi in the game because most of my wins came from them instead of my usual Luigi way back then.

Nega-Man said:
Yeah. Imagine 16-bit Baby Luigi. xP

I can create that if you don't mind. This is coming from a guy who created Super Circuit-styled Baby Luigi.

Nega-Man said:
Anyways, what's the purpose of the coins in Mario Kart games?
I think coins make kart go faster

Correct. They do. They also prevent you from spinning out because if you have zero coins, you will spin-out if you touch another racer.

Baby Luigi said:
I can create that if you don't mind. This is coming from a guy who created Super Circuit-styled Baby Luigi.

You should do that, actually. PM it to me.

Baby Luigi said:
Correct. They do. They also prevent you from spinning out because if you have zero coins, you will spin-out if you touch another racer.

Ohh, so that's why I spinned out when I touched Donkey Kong, Jr. earlier today.

Man, those of you saying you have never played Super Mario Kart, you don't know what you're missing! Nothing beats old school games. Seriously.

Boidoh said:
Baby Luigi said:
(plus, no voices D:).

Im sure if daisy was in this it would be a blessing.

It's a blessing that Yoshi is in it, then (but he wouldn't make those Kazumi Totaka noises anyway)

I played this game when I was a kid. I remember it was the most spectacular thing the moment I first saw the game(Mario and the co. in a kart race with scenarios based on Super Mario World!?!?! Wait, you can hit your opponent with a Koopa Shell?!?!? NEAT *__*). And since then I'm a fan of the series. ;D

havingChortles said:
I actually only have it on the virtual console, and let me tell you; I am HORRIBLE at it.
Hehe I played the original game in the SNES and I still suck at it too :p (Well, Mario Kart: Super Circuit too but I never had this game...)

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
this game is ass in a straw

The control was lame
Remember that this was from 1992.

Anyway, I have the game, and I'm only good as Koopa. When I'm Koopa, my only real threat is Luigi. I still son't have the Special Cup unlocked.

Evil Magikrazy said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
this game is ass in a straw

The control was lame
Remember that this was from 1992.

It's a great break from the people wearing nostalgia goggles for that game, though

I only suck at 100cc and 150cc badly.

I played it on VC. It's fun. Usually I play as Koopa. Or Luigi. Meh. Whatever character I like.

I despise the Ghost House races. They have no rails and almost always fall off the track.

And interesting. Very interesting.

First Mario Kart game I ever owned... In fact, it was the first SNES game I ever owned! I got it for my brithday, along with a bunch of other SNES games (including Super Mario All-Stars).

This game TRULY united (most of) my family. My two sisters, my dad and I ALL played that game a LOT! Fun times!

Looking back, some things were annoying, like the fact that all the racers all raced in a line and never broke out of a certain order. Even IF you had someone else breake the formula, it will only result in a HUGE gap between you and the rest of the racers, since they NEED to maintain their order.

I do feel nostalgic playing it, though, even if it's hard to get used to the controls again.

Back