Fortune Street Discussion

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
Let's discuss the upcoming Mario-crossover game Fortune Street! ;D It looks like a fusion of Monopoly and Mario Party without the minigames from Mario Party. :eek: I noticed on the wiki that Bowser is playable? From the commercial I saw. he looked more like he was going back to his Mario Party roots and causing chaos. Any thoughts about anything involving this upcoming game? 8)

I haven't showed much interest in this game, but I would like to familiarize it.

That recent trailer is awesome; that's all I have to say.

I'm into puzzle/management games like this, so hopefully, I can score this come release week. No guarantees though.

I basically don't refuse Fortune series from SE (uh, though FF characters are not in Nintendo's cooperation)

but I don't know if SE want to maintain their traditional art and play styles
today most richman board computer games are made in realistic 3D city map
or things like Mario Party itself, the background and setting are interactive

in Fourtune series the "map" lookes like a floor only and lack of interactvity with buildings
would its sales be affected by Party 9?

I don't give a fuck about this game. I'll have to own it of course, due to my one rule: Own every game Mario or a character in any way related to Mario so much as farted in for 5 seconds and make yourself familiar with it.

Marwikedor said:
I don't give a *bleep* about this game. I'll have to own it of course, due to my one rule: Own every game Mario or a character in any way related to Mario so much as farted in for 5 seconds and make yourself familiar with it.

That means you do care about it...

^LOL! Baby Luigi just TOLD you! Hahaha! Why would you mention farting anyway? Your sentence hardly made sense!

Dorayaki said:
I basically don't refuse Fortune series from SE (uh, though FF characters are not in Nintendo's cooperation)

but I don't know if SE want to maintain their traditional art and play styles
today most richman board computer games are made in realistic 3D city map
or things like Mario Party itself, the background and setting are interactive

in Fourtune series the "map" lookes like a floor only and lack of interactvity with buildings
would its sales be affected by Party 9?

It's actually "DQ" (Dragon Quest) characters here. ;)

What's sad is this game has a better Mario roster than Mario Kart 7 and the most recent Mario Parties.

MeritC said:
It's actually "DQ" (Dragon Quest) characters here. ;)
? what did you mean?

DQ since past Foutune series are replaced by Mario team, it's alittle strange that FF isn't here
Koopaul said:
What's sad is this game has a better Mario roster than Mario Kart 7 and the most recent Mario Parties.
did you campare with a handheld game with smaller roster and taking turns = =?

it's a sequel from DS, the roster only changes with two new representives from each side
but I doubt as no Toadette but Diddy comes without Dixie, while the two new comers from DQ are more exciting to me

Even though I have every Mario game for the Wii, I'm skipping this one. The game itself has nothing to do with Mario, and Square Enix is once again putting in their own character in the game. :-\. I'll pass.

Mathew757 said:
Even though I have every Mario game for the Wii, I'm skipping this one. The game itself has nothing to do with Mario, and Square Enix is once again putting in their own character in the game. :-\. I'll pass.
? were you mistaken?
it's Nintendo who put their characters in series made by other company, also this series is famous in Japan

Mario has their own many variable tounaments, I don't say what's doing with him actually :???:

Dorayaki said:
Koopaul said:
did you campare with a handheld game with smaller roster and taking turns = =?

it's a sequel from DS, the roster only changes with two new representives from each side
but I doubt as no Toadette but Diddy comes without Dixie, while the two new comers from DQ are more exciting to me

Diddy doesn't need Dixie! Why do you keep thinking he does? Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are a perfect pair already. Sheesh!

Also this game only features 13 Mario characters. While Mario Kart 7 has 16 characters. And I still think those 13 characters would have been a better roster than what we got.

I still wonder if the two unrevealed characters for both the Mario and Dragon Quest series will be still in the game. The site initially showed four newcomers for each side, and for the Mario series we got Bowser Jr. and Diddy as the first two while the DQ series got Patty and Stella. The site does not show the last two characters (for both sides) as of now; however, there is still a possibility that the last of the newcomers are still in.

I don't know much about the Dragon Quest series; however, I personally believe that one of these two possible characters for the Mario series is going to be Toadette (as it seems that every Mario character in the game except for Toad has a partner). The final character? I have no idea. Perhaps Rosalina or a baby character? Who knows (perhaps it is Metal Mario :P)...

It won't be Metal mario. He's just a one time thing for Mario Kart 7. Thats why I dont understand all the whiners whining like babies. He's only in for that game, They'll get their stupid Waluigi next time so they should just enjoy it.

^Don't worry about it Crackin, I was just kidding about Metal Mario. ;D

I feel that Metal Mario was just one of the unexpected characters that Nintendo just loves throwing in so that new favourites could be established among the Mario Kart fans (eg ROB in MKDS).

Regardless, if there are indeed two characters still left to be unvieled in FS I see Toadette easily being one of them. However, the other I'm not sure about (Rosalina has her chances as there is a SMG2 themed stage while Doryaki does have a point that Dixie could appear as well). There are also other characters as well.

I doubt Dixie will appear. I'm pretty sure she's only appeared in the baseball games for a mario series game.

Toadette is probably one, but the other one I have no idea about.

Well of course there was that Mario Hoops game that Dixie was in as well which Square also did make. However, like you, I am not expecting her as one of the possible newcomers.

Aside from Toadette, the other character slot seems to be pretty much anyone's game. Rosalina does have a surge of popularity at the moment; however, her chances are not that high as well (considering that the Mario Kart is the only series which has her as a playable character). She does still have a chance. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have their chances as well. Of course, a generic baddie (such as Koopa or Shy Guy) can also be one of the newcomers as well (even though I am not fond of seeing one in this type of roster).

Personally

Koopa/Shy Guy/Generic Enemy > Babies

I don't hate them, I just don't like them.

Baby Mario should be the only baby to be in games. Baby Luigi sometimes, but only as a last resort.

I agree that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are all we need in the series. They are important considering their roles as Yoshi series representatives as well as having major roles in M&L: PiT. Baby Bowser was important; however, Bowser Jr. is a more "updated" version of him if anything, so we no longer need him in the spin-offs.

The other babies on the otherhand were pointless. Most just filled in the role for YIDS (perhaps because Nintendo needed something new for a Yoshi game so they made new characters). Baby Peach was more of a plot device in M&L: PiT and was never needed otherwise. Baby Daisy...she is even worse in this aspect by making her debut in a spin-off game. Baby Mario & Baby Luigi were favourites in MK DD; however, it was due to the extra two babies in MK Wii that people started to get upset about it as Nintendo overexceeded the uniqueness of the baby characters.

In terms of FS, Baby Mario has the best chance for a slot out of the babies; however, out of all the possible Mario newcomers, he is still far behind. I don't hate the generic enemies; however, I still don't see them in as it seems that we have a roster of all established characters already. However, I do admit that they too still have a good chance. Of course, Nintendo could still promote their newer games by adding a character from those games (even Boom Boom is a possibility).

Crackin355 said:
Baby Mario should be the only baby to be in games. Baby Luigi sometimes, but only as a last resort.

It just doesn't feel right when only Baby Mario's there in Mario Tennis though :P

Back