Fortune Street Discussion

I thoughtit was pefect when it was only Baby Mario in Mario Tennis. Thats why i actually liked having him there. Yoshi was his partner and that works better than Baby Luigi IMO. Baby Mario + Yoshi = Yoshi's Island Duo.
Baby Mario + Baby Luigi = One Too many Freakin' babies Duo.

Propeller Toad said:
I still wonder if the two unrevealed characters for both the Mario and Dragon Quest series will be still in the game. The site initially showed four newcomers for each side, and for the Mario series we got Bowser Jr. and Diddy as the first two while the DQ series got Patty and Stella. The site does not show the last two characters (for both sides) as of now; however, there is still a possibility that the last of the newcomers are still in.

I don't know much about the Dragon Quest series; however, I personally believe that one of these two possible characters for the Mario series is going to be Toadette (as it seems that every Mario character in the game except for Toad has a partner). The final character? I have no idea. Perhaps Rosalina or a baby character? Who knows (perhaps it is Metal Mario :P)...
Mabe it's a newcomer

Propeller Toad said:
I still wonder if the two unrevealed characters for both the Mario and Dragon Quest series will be still in the game.
I thought there are two new characters from both side in Wii version.... I don't know if there are still exclusively hidden ones

Koopaul said:
this game only features 13 Mario characters. While Mario Kart 7 has 16 characters. And I still think those 13 characters would have been a better roster than what we got.
there are two teams from two series and totally 26 characters...
also Kart 7 includes species and nonrecurring Metal Mario and the Queen, the left are 10 only (uh, but there are 2 species in DQ team)

By the looks of the website, there aren't any other characters besides the ones already confirmed. if you look at the character selection screen in one of the videos, it looks as full as it can get. ;)

I'm starting to doubt whether there will be more characters or not.

But if there were, it'd be easy to shorten the Mii selection bar and add two pictures.

Dorayaki said:
Koopaul said:
this game only features 13 Mario characters. While Mario Kart 7 has 16 characters. And I still think those 13 characters would have been a better roster than what we got.
there are two teams from two series and totally 26 characters...
also Kart 7 includes species and nonrecurring Metal Mario and the Queen, the left are 10 only (uh, but there are 2 species in DQ team)

I know about those, I'm just talking about the Mario cast. Those would have been much better choices for Mario Kart 7.

Give it a rest already, the MK7 Characters are news of the past, theyre in and I was sure everybody had gotten it through there heads that whining like a child doesnt do anything. It seems that it didnt quite get through your head

Anyway, I still cant wait for this game. The whole stock prices thing confuses me so I'll probably just play on the easy mode which gets rid of the stock thing.

Crackin355 said:
I'm starting to doubt whether there will be more characters or not.

But if there were, it'd be easy to shorten the Mii selection bar and add two pictures.
Yeah it's only in beta

Alright! Since this thread is dying, I think it's time to discuss again, right? RIGHT! I'm probably getting it for Christmas! My mom said its a game she'd play too! She likes Monopoly based games. :D I actually saw a guy playing the game on YouTube! Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tM_ke32ALg

Hm, wait a minute. From that video, it seems that Peach is actually an unlockable character and seems to be the only Mario series character who is unlockable (unless they already unlocked the other Mario characters).

I'll be getting Fortune Street the day it comes out! It's an early Christmas present!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7tM_ke32ALg[/youtube]

About 50 minutes of gameplay, so for those interested in how the games work here is your chance!

Apparently Nintendo Power gave this game a 7.5/10. Not a bad rating for a puzzle game like this. :D

^Right you are, I just was unsure of what to genre to name this game under! ;)
However, I still feel that this game is slightly more than what you would call a general party game due to its differences.

Regardless, for a game of this type it is not a bad rating in my opinion (I initially was unsure of how well this game would do in the countries outside of Japan).

No there's not. From what I understand, a minigame is triggered when a player lands on a certain space. It's very Monopoly-like.

Will Fortune Street last as long as Monopoly?

^In replay value or in term of each game's length?

Apparently, I have been hearing that some of the bigger boards can even take up to 6 hours to completing. So yes, each game in FS might take quite a while to complete.

There's probably a save button though. You could do one hour a week and complete a long board. There's probably shorter 1 hour boards too

Also, from the gameplay vids I´ve seen, there seems to be a "party mode" meant for quicker matches and a "classic mode" which follows the classic monopoly-esque longer matches formula of previous fortune street games. I´ve only seen gameplay of the classic mode, but the other option is there, so, maybe that one is meant for shorter matches á la Mario party?

I can barely handle Melee's 99 minute matches. ~_~

I would get fed up of one board. Yeah, I was referring to how long does it take for one match to end.

Back