So I thought of this one theory about that Mario being Mario's last name thing..

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Well, ya see, I just noticed something; I think it might be safe to imply it's his last name because of Dr. Mario. Since peoples' first names aren't used in their doctor title, they use their last names. So basically, Dr. Mario just proves the fact that he really is Mario Mario.

that makes sense. Does that mean Luigi will be called Dr. Mario too? Not that he will have a Dr. Mario Game of his own.

I honestly don't think that's really his last name. People refer to doctors as their first name sometimes. For example, we had the Great American Teach-In yesterday, and a doctor came in and talked about his job, and we referred to him as Dr. Bob, when that was his first name.

So in theory, they could just be referring to him by his first name.

Nintendo hasn't confirmed Mario was Mario's last name. In fact, the only reason they're called "Mario Brothers" because Mario is the leader.

Dr. Mario.

Pinkie Pie said:
I think it might be safe to imply it's his last name because of Dr. Mario. Since peoples' first names aren't used in their doctor title, they use their last names. So basically, Dr. Mario just proves the fact that he really is Mario Mario.

But there is Dr. Wario. Does that prove Wario's last name is Wario? No.

Pinkie Pie said:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU *bleep*ING TALKING ABOUT.

Instead of typing it in all caps and intending to make me sound ridiculous, you could at least address my situation in a more mature manner.

Dr. Wario

You cant confirm Mario's last name as Mario because there is no set rule said anywhere, you can just assume.

Baby Luigi said:
Pinkie Pie said:

Instead of typing it in all caps and intending to make me sound ridiculous, you could at least address my situation in a more mature manner.

Dr. Wario
Excuse me. :(. And besides, that's supposed to parody Dr. Mario's game, and yes, Wario maybe could be Wario's last name.

SuperNick3DLand said:
You cant confirm Mario's last name as Mario because there is no set rule said anywhere, you can just assume.
Dr. Mario. DR. MARIO. DR. MARIO.

Pinkie Pie said:
Baby Luigi said:
Pinkie Pie said:

Dr. Wario
Excuse me. :(. And besides, that's supposed to parody Dr. Mario's game, and yes, Wario maybe could be Wario's last name.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Dr. Mario. DR. MARIO. DR. MARIO.
1.You dont need to use caps
2.There has been no official conformation by Nintendo that Mario's last name is Mario. Come to think of it, no one has ever speculated that if Mario and Peach ever got married, then her name would be Peach Mario or ''Ms Mario''.
3.Lets end this conversation

Peach has been called, "Nurse Toadstool" though.

I always did think that Mario's last name is Mario, but there's no real way of knowing for sure.

@UM: While your theory is good, it doesn't prove that Mario's last name is Mario. And not everyone will agree with your theory. You have to accept other peoples' opinions.

Pinkie Pie said:
Dr. Mario.

Pinkie Pie said:
I think it might be safe to imply it's his last name because of Dr. Mario. Since peoples' first names aren't used in their doctor title, they use their last names. So basically, Dr. Mario just proves the fact that he really is Mario Mario.

That is false. Like I already stated, some doctors do, in fact, go by their first name following a Dr. title.

If it's been said before and hasnt been unconfirmed it's safe to say that their last names are in fact Mario.

Could be wrong, but we don't know yet. I'll keep with thinking the last names being Mario.

I thought if the player is Peach in that game, it would be called Dr. Peach instead of Dr. Toadstool
it wasn't meaning last name

though Toadstool is a special case
I think the staff would have specifically named every character's last name (ex, Wario Warehouse, Daisy Desert)
maybe last names aren't importnant for this game

Nega-Man said:
I honestly don't think that's really his last name. People refer to doctors as their first name sometimes. For example, we had the Great American Teach-In yesterday, and a doctor came in and talked about his job, and we referred to him as Dr. Bob, when that was his first name.

So in theory, they could just be referring to him by his first name.

Have you seen this post?

I always thought the original "Jumpman" would be a good last name. It doesn't sound Italian, though. (Perhaps Giumpmani?)

Eric B said:
I always thought the original "Jumpman" would be a good last name. It doesn't sound Italian, though. (Perhaps Giumpmani?)
Good call a name can't start with "J" in Italian so it would not be "Jumpani" what you said probably closer to Giumpmanini. Nevertheless, his surname is MARIO. How to we know that from the VERY start? Hmm... The MARIO Brothers, anyone? The Mario Bros.? That proves, PROVES, it must be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. The fact that his name is Mario Mario is not a theory it is a FACT.

Back