So I thought of this one theory about that Mario being Mario's last name thing..

If it is indeed a "FACT" why hasn't Nintendo confirmed yet? Especially after all these years of Mario's existence.

They probably only called it mario bros. because they hadnt thought of a last name and decided to just use mario's name.

there is proof, the DR. MARIO things, the Mario Brothers. Look at the Wayans Brothers or the Wright Brothers. By the screwy logic I've read here, Wayans and Wright are their first names!

Technically, they didnt have any kind of last name back then so they probably just used the first name because it was easier. I mean, Dr. Mario would sell better because Mario's in the name. If his last name was something wierd then everybody wouldnt buy it.

In the mario bros movie, when they asked their full names, I think they were just making fun of the fact that they called it Mario Bros., by saying thier last names were Mario, but then in the Superstar Saga booklet (apparently), it says his name is Mario Mario.

So it kind of is confirmed that their last names are Mario, they just dont use it often because it was stupid having their last names as Mario. So really, the Dr. Mario thing doesnt proove anything since they didnt even have last names back then and they just used his first name so it would sell better as a game.

And Marwikedor, dont be a smartass, your already annoying enough as is.

Marwikedor said:
there is proof, the DR. MARIO things, the Mario Brothers. Look at the Wayans Brothers or the Wright Brothers. By the screwy logic I've read here, Wayans and Wright are their first names!
If you were trying to sound smart, you didnt do well, since this 'screwy logic' is a bunch of people trying to figure out if it is Mario Mario or not. And using better logic then what you did.

But if you think about it making the compasion to the Wayans Brothers and the Wright Brothers was a good point. When people are on the opposing sides of an argument, I notice they tend to want to try and tear the other sides arguments apart.

I don't even know who they are. Not that it matters. Mario is a videogame character. It has been confirmed his last name is Mario in the Superstar Saga booklet like i said, I said that they just dont use it because it was a stupid idea. Did you even read what I wrote?

When? I know of nothing of the sort! McJefferson, is that Italian at all? I don't think so, and does that mean Wario's last name is WcJefferson (since all the ms in Mario's name are ws in Wario's)

Back