Which Melee/Brawl characters should not return in the next Super Smash Bros?

Title says it all.

• Bowser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Marth

• Mr. Game & Watch

• Peach

• Zelda/Sheik

• Ganondorf

• Diddy

• Ike

• Dedede

• Lucario

• Lucas

• Meta Knight

• Olimar

• Pit

• Pokemon Trainer

• R.O.B.

• Sonic

• Snake

• Toon Link

• Wario

• Wolf

• Zero Suit Samus

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I'm not including the original 12 veterans cause it wouldn't be a Super Smash Bros. game without them, and besides, I doubt Sakurai would remove them anyway.

Who shouldn't come back in the next SSB?

Re: Which Melee/Brawl characters should not return in the next Super Smash Bros?

There's not really anyone on that poll that I think should not return. Sometimes I dislike characters like Pit, Marth, or Peach in the game but I'd never start a campaign to get their total removal of the game altogether.

Also 2 things:

inb4 Wario hate

inb4 Sonic hate

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'm having a hard time deciding removals myself. Although some characters could use some changes to their movesets.

Zero Suit Samus. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually all for female characters stripping down a bit, but not when that's all they can do. Her moveset is terrible. I usually just hold the smash ball if I get it as Samus.

Snake. Any 3rd Party characters (besides Sonic) should be kicked out of every Nintendo game. I don't mind Sonic, since he plays the Olympics with Mario.

Where's a thank you post when you need one.

I want Toon Link out. No point for clones right?

_ said:
Toon Link. No point for clones right?

Toon Link's one of my best characters, but I agree, no clones. Except for the semi-clones like Luigi, Falco, and Lucas (and Ganondorf but only because we desperately need more villians).

Don Pianta said:
_ said:

Toon Link's one of my best characters, but I agree, no clones. Except for the semi-clones like Luigi, Falco, and Lucas (and Ganondorf but only because we desperately need more villians).
He's mine too ironically. I find Zero-Suit Samus pointless. It's just looks like a bunch of fanservice to me.

Re: Which Melee/Brawl characters should not return in the next Super Smash Bros?

Northern Verve said:
There's not really anyone on that poll that I think should not return. Sometimes I dislike characters like Pit, Marth, or Peach in the game but I'd never start a campaign to get their total removal of the game altogether.

Also 2 things:

inb4 Wario hate

inb4 Sonic hate

Do you honestly think I would want Wario NOT to return in the next game? He's too darn funny and his star noise is one of the funniest in the game. No, Wario makes me laugh, that's why I want him to return.

Anyway, I don't want any characters to be cut. I miss all the characters who got cut from Melee. Even Pichu.

Herp derp im baby time and i think any caractars frum a gaem i nevar played shoud be kiked owt derp.

Can't you just respect his opinion? 3rd party characters ARE odd to have in a game, especially when it's called a Nintendo crossover. Now, I support the 3rd party characters, but I agree Snake is a weird addition to the cast.

I personally believe Lucario is the most logical choice for removal. There are very limited spots left for the Pokemon franchise, and I don't see Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the Pokemon Trainer leaving..Lucario might be removed for a new fifth gen rep like how he replaced Mewtwo in Brawl. He was the fourth generation flavor of the month, so now it is his time to be replaced by the newest one (Victini, Zoroark, etc).

Shouldn't the poll be multiple choice?

Anyway, Solid Snake is pretty much my biggest exclusion. Lucario has also served its purpose as the generation 4 rep, and (regrettably) it's time for generation 5 to take a stand. Apart from that, no one else.

MnSG said:
Shouldn't the poll be multiple choice?

Good point. I just couldn't decide exactly how many votes to give everybody. I suppose I should've given everybody 5 votes to reflect the 5 Melee characters that didn't return in Brawl.

Propeller Toad said:
I personally believe Lucario is the most logical choice for removal. There are very limited spots left for the Pokemon franchise, and I don't see Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the Pokemon Trainer leaving..Lucario might be removed for a new fifth gen rep like how he replaced Mewtwo in Brawl. He was the fourth generation flavor of the month, so now it is his time to be replaced by the newest one (Victini, Zoroark, etc).
Probably Zoroark will replace him. I have a feeling Victini will be another very rare Pokemon from a Pokeball.

JIGGLYPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sorry, but I hate that thing. There is no point to it. Even if it was in the original, they should kick it out. Maybe replace it with Mewtwo.

Pinkie Pie said:
Herp derp im baby time and i think any caractars frum a gaem i nevar played shoud be kiked owt derp.
Dude, don't be insulting to people. Nobody will like you if you're insulting.

_ said:
Hey, not all clones are bad.

_ said:
[...]we desperately need more villians).
I agree. Come on, Nintendo! Bring us some bad guys, will ya? We only have four, compared to the 32 or whatever good guys we have!

Don Pianta said:
I find Zero-Suit Samus pointless. It's just looks like a bunch of fanservice to me.
AMEN, BROTHER.

_ said:
I find Zero-Suit Samus pointless. It's just looks like a bunch of fanservice to me.

Thats exactly what SSB is though. Its the biggest fanservice a videogame company has ever done. Nintendo has created so many unique characters, why not use as many as they can? You see Sony trying to do their fans justice with their Jak and Ratchet and Sly mashup. The more characters the better in my opinion, especially is they have a unique moveset or add a new dynamic to an existing character like Zero Suit did. If you think that someone's moveset is completely usless than you clearly are not diverse enough in the game to appreciate each characters strenghts and weaknesses. This includes clones too because they are unique in different attributes while still being clones, such as Captain Falcon being faster and Ganondorf being stronger. And Im not singling you out __ Im just speaking on my soapbox right now. Will Nintendo remove clones like Toon Link? Probably because he was added to appease Japanese and American gamers who didnt like the real life looking Link in Twilight Princess. Especially since the new Skyward Sword Link is the happy medium between the two. And the Pokemon Trainer will probably have different starters from a different generation because the 1st generation is represented so heavily by playable characters. I find a hard time seeing Snake make a return as he was really just a tease that 3rd party characters, and Sonic, where in the game, even though he is really one of the better and stronger characters in the game. Olimar will stay, his moveset is extreamly unique and if used correctly, can be very effective. He is also one of Miyomoto's more recent creations.

....Sorry for the rant

Back