Favorite Video Game Series Besides a Nintendo Series

What is your favorite series?

My favorite is Spyro (Only the classics though. Not any of this new Skylanders junk)

Crash would be a second

Tanooki ToxBox said:
Epic Mickey

That's not a series. Well maybe at least not yet.

Anyway, favorite non-nintendo Series? Sonic the Hedgehog for sure.

Anything made by Valve.

If I had to pick individual series, I guess Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed?

Mega Man. But you should know that by now. But if I was going to go the fighting game route, I'd say Soul Calibur.

Huh... aside from individual games, I can't think of a single series that I'm actually a fan of...

Except for Sonic the Hedgehog. He was my first video game series I got into, and even though Mario & Nintendo took over my life, I eventually returned to Sonic and learned about the rough time he (and Sega, for that matter) had during my "Nintendo" phase, which was pretty much from late SNES to early GameCube.

Smashgoom202 said:
Huh... aside from individual games, I can't think of a single series that I'm actually a fan of...

Except for Sonic the Hedgehog. He was my first video game series I got into, and even though Mario & Nintendo took over my life, I eventually returned to Sonic and learned about the rough time he (and Sega, for that matter) had during my "Nintendo" phase, which was pretty much from late SNES to early GameCube.

I like Mario and Sonic equally. Although I got into Mario first, (Didn't discover Sonic until about 2002) I sometimes await a Sonic game more so then I do a Mario game partly because since Sonic kinda got the short end of the stick as a result of the "war" with Nintendo that Sonic feels a bit less appreciated especially after the drought of really good games. The moment he was announced in Brawl is just one time where I can hardly remember a time I was as happy as I was then.

New Super Mario said:
My favorite is Spyro (Only the classics though. Not any of this new Skylanders junk)

So, just a curious question. Are you calling Skylanders junk because you don't like the gameplay, or you don't like thier selling characters gimmick, or is it something else?

I think he's calling it junk because it pretty much isnt a spyro game. an interview guy said that they just put spyro in to make it sell better

Crackin355 said:
I think he's calling it junk because it pretty much isnt a spyro game. an interview guy said that they just put spyro in to make it sell better

Yeah, that would make sense. There is like, 1 character from the Spyro series? But that doesn't mean its not a good game, of course.

Epic Nitwit said:
New Super Mario said:

So, just a curious question. Are you calling Skylanders junk because you don't like the gameplay, or you don't like thier selling characters gimmick, or is it something else?
No, it's just ever since they release Legend of Spyro and that they like completely started over, redesigned characters, and got new characters. No portals, no worlds, no traditional fun. I've played one of the Legend of Spyros, and kinda liked it, but not very much. If you play the classics (Any of the PS1's and a couple PS2s) you will easily see that the classics are way better.

Spyro In the classics:
Spyro_attack.jpg

His next transition, the legend of Spyro series:
Gallery082.jpg

And finally, this mess:
Sky_spyro2.jpg

Sorry if I kinda, said a bunch of junk, but they haven't made a classic game in a long time, and it makes me mad.

Northern Verve said:
Smashgoom202 said:

I like Mario and Sonic equally. Although I got into Mario first, (Didn't discover Sonic until about 2002) I sometimes await a Sonic game more so then I do a Mario game partly because since Sonic kinda got the short end of the stick as a result of the "war" with Nintendo that Sonic feels a bit less appreciated especially after the drought of really good games. The moment he was announced in Brawl is just one time where I can hardly remember a time I was as happy as I was then.
I literally flipped my lid when I found that out. I remember that morning exactly...

Yeah... it was one of those times.

Mario4Ever said:
God of War
Now I love me some God of War, I really do. But don't ye feel the games are a tad too same-y?

Ned Kelly said:
Mario4Ever said:
God of War
Now I love me some God of War, I really do. But don't ye feel the games are a tad too same-y?

I suppose they are, but then again, much of the genre's like that.

Back