How did you first like Mario?

NSY

Celestial Guide
I did not really know who Mario was at first. I remember seeing the box for Mario Tennis:Power Tour but I thought who is that guy. When my friend and Sister's friend had Mario Kart DS I found to be quite good at it and found it fun to play. I was going away and I was allowed to get a DS game to take with me, I choose Mario Kart DS and I played it a lot there. Then I decided to get more games and I've been a big Mario fan since.

Wait, so is this thread basically asking what was your first Mario game? If so, mine was SSBM. (Well, it technically isn't a Mario game, bit it had Mario in it, so.)

Super Mario 64, since the very, very beginning of my gaming experience.
I simply felt in love to gaming, thanks to Mario.

Pinkie Pie said:
Wait, so is this thread basically asking what was your first Mario game? If so, mine was SSBM. (Well, it technically isn't a Mario game, bit it had Mario in it, so.)
No, you need to say how you got into Mario as well.

Well... when I was a baby, we had a SNES. I saw my sister play Super Mario World and I just loved watching her play it. Then another time, my mom brought me over to her friend's house and my mom's friend's daughter was playing Mario Party 1. So I picked up the controller and started mashing random buttons. Hell I actually even won one, I won Skateboard Scamper LOL. So now I'm good friends with her, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been into Mario games and her love for Yoshi passed onto me so that's how Yoshi became my favorite character. My favorite character was Mario before I started playing Mario Party. :P

Skull Kid said:
Pinkie Pie said:
No, you need to say how you got into Mario as well.
Oh, well my brother taught me how to play games when I was 3-4, and my Mario liking just skyrocketed from there.

I played a mario game on the gameboy and then from then on

i was obssesed with it, not as much now but is still freakin love it

I got a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 when I was 6 for Christmas. The rest is history.

The first game with Mario in it I played was Super Smash Bros. Actually, the only reason I got into Mario because Mario toys were available for me to play with. My first Mario game I believe was Mario Kart 64.

Believe it or not, I was a PS2 kid until 2008, when I got a Wii for Christmas. I soon got Mario Kart Wii and (when I got my own DS after mooching from my brother for two years) M&L: BiS. I just got hooked from there.

I was and still am not much of a deep gamer both as a child and in my present life. However, I do remember seeing a picture of Mario vaguely for the first time on my first video game console the Gameboy color (the illustration of him holding a screwdriver for the Nintendo Customer Support). Of course, I was more of a Pokemon only gamer back when I was younger. I also remember seeing Mario in Super Smash Bros. for the N64 at my cousin's house; however, I did not think of much of him at that point.

However, I do remember that the first Mario game I tried was Super Mario 64; however, this was at a friend's house, so I did not play it long (but still have memories of it). My identification of Mario really began with Super Smash Bros. Melee. Peach, Bowser, Luigi, and even Toad (from Peach's B move) are all Mario characters I identified with since this game.

The true Mario games that really got me to learn about Mario were Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Bros. (the original NES version that a friend had), and finally the GBA remake of Super Mario Bros. 2 (which I excessively played as Toad in). This began my discovery of the Mario series as a whole, as well as the character who we all know as Mario.

I´ve always been a cartoons and comedy type of person, so when I first found out about videogames when I was still a little kid (I think it was 1990 or so), the Mario series obviously caught my eye with it´s cartoony and upbeat setting, and funny characters. The gameplay, immensely better than most NES games, helped big time too.

Been a Mario fan since then :P Have been fighting most criticism like "you´ll eventually outgrow these childish games" and the likes of it.

ghostyTrickster said:
Believe it or not, I was a PS2 kid until 2008, when I got a Wii for Christmas. I soon got Mario Kart Wii and (when I got my own DS after mooching from my brother for two years) M&L: BiS. I just got hooked from there.

So your a newish mario fan

ghostyTrickster said:

I had the same thing, except I had a GBA and a pirated PS2 game that had old Mario games emulated on it.

Pretty much just grew up with Mario. The Nintendo 64 was my very first Home Console and what else games to get you into Mario then Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and the Mario Party series?

Most things you enjoyed ever since you were 5 you'll gain a loyalty to. and Nintendo and Mario certainly did that for me with the N64.

I was introduced to the Mario series when I was two years old, through one of those "3-in-1" NES cartridges, which included Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and World Class Track Meet. I don't remember everything exactly, but I most likely tried it out for myself after watching my dad play, and I ended up getting hooked on it. For a two-year old, I'd say I was pretty good at the game, but I was never able to successfully play Super Mario Bros. (or any of its sequels) all the way through without the use of a Game Genie.

MarioRules25 said:
ghostyTrickster said:

So your a newish mario fan
I guess you could say that.

:P

Well, since I was 3 maybe. I'm 13 now, so 10 Years Ago. I played Mario Kart 64 with my brother, until it stopped working and I played Mario Party 3 and Mario tennis over and over. I got so good at mario Party 3 I could beat hard Computers in almost every minigame. Thats how much I played it.

Thats why when I watched the Super Mario 30th ceremony Music Mix, when Mario Party 3's Music came up I erupted with nostalgia. Rainbow Road part was pretty good at the end too.

Back