Do you think they will make Super Mario Galaxy for the DS?

Do you think they will make Super Mario Galaxy for the DS?

• Yep.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Meh, maybe.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • NO, THEY HAVE FAILED ON 1, THEY HAVE FAILED ON 2, THEY'VE FAILED ON EVERY SINGLE GAME THEY MADE!!!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Never heard of Mario Galaxy.

• Mmmhh, maybe not...

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, the games we already have are great!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • We don't need another Galaxy. I want original titles like SM3DL.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • SMG and it's sequel weren't that good, so I don't think so...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck they won't make a Super Mario Galaxy for the DS. For the 3DS, however, I would not like to see

• 2 Galaxys are good. 3 is pushing it.

• Galaxy 3 would be pushing it, but it would probably still be fun. It would feel repetitive though an

• Total voters
Why isn't there a strait out "No" that doesn't include hating SMG and SMG2?

Also, is this about a port, or a new game altogether?

There is a video mock-up of this game, but it'll not come.

I would say yes, as long as the following tips are followed (I'm also changing this to "SMG for the 3DS", because I just don't see it for DS):

1: Make the game-play somewhat different from the first two games. We don't need another clone. Maybe you could use the touchscreen to activate switches and the gyroscope to perform new moves never seen before, or use the 3D effect to create new graphically complex worlds. Also, make the levels less linear and more adventurous (except for Yoshi levels; details in #3) than the first two games.

2: Don't make another "Defeat Bowser/Save the princess" game. Introduce a new villain, or have a returning one appear (Shroobs, anyone?). Also, make the story line complex and RPG-like. I would like something like that.

3: Introduce several different game-play modes to variate and spice up the game. For example, have not only Mario (standard levels), but Luigi (skill and platforming), Yoshi (combat and Chimp-esque challenges), Wario (minigames)and Rosalina (Pikmin clone with Lumas) join the party with levels of their own.

4: Multiplayer. There must be good multiplayer. I don't care exactly how it is executed, but it must be better than what SMG and SMG2 did, which was not much.

New Super Mario said:
PokemonMaster said:
Marstar2000 said:
Here is the poll!
........... Um this should be in the Marioverse.
Exactly. And I say no, but not like you did, cause I enjoyed the other two, just I don't want another one

I agree.

Heck they won't make a Super Mario Galaxy for the DS

For the 3DS, however, I would not like to see a Super Mario Galaxy for the 3DS before we have a Super Mario Sunshine remake for the 3DS

Baby Luigi said:

For the 3DS, however, I would not like to see a Super Mario Galaxy for the 3DS before we have a Super Mario Sunshine remake for the 3DS

Agreed. I want to play Sunshine.

Epic Nitwit said:
Baby Luigi said:

Screw remakes, Christmas is around the corner.

Here's what I think:

1. The levels desperately need to be more creative. Be more gimmicky! Galaxy 2 burned SMG1's powerups to ashes and overused the Cloud Flower, one of the most stupid ideas Nintendo's had in history. They also overused the Rock Mushroom a bit too. The only place with the Boo Mushroom was like, one mission in the Boo Moon galaxy or that one with Blimp Yoshi and the flashing lights. If you make a (not challenging) level with multiple powerup challenges, that'd be epic. Imagine starting off the level with Boomerang Mario and two planets later destroying boxes with Fire Mario. Creativity! Also, we need more gimmicks. Like Toad said, we should have the remake on the 3DS and use the 3DS' capabilities to make the gameplay less linear. We could have the crate blowing up come back and make the game using the touch screen to slingshot the bob-ombs into the crates, or we could use the motion sensor to tilt the planets. Heck, we don't need another flip-pallet thingy level. If Galaxy's levels were better and less bland, it would deserve Favorite Game in the Mario Awards.
2. Save excessive difficulty for aftergame galaxies and late-game prankster comets. I find it quite annoying that some of the World 4 levels are slightly challenging and World 5 is just too hard for a World 5.
3. Better multiplayer. Sure, Co-Star Luma isn't half bad; but think of it: what if we had Mario and Luigi playing simultaneous and the brothers have their own Co-Star Lumas? It would be a perfect four-player! It's such a simple idea, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come up with it yet! The Co-Star luma should also be made so it can be actually useful. Sure, it was buffed up in 2, but it should be able to attack enemies by itself and also move around by itself. Also, I'd love to see a Mario vs. Luigi "who can get the star first!" multiplayer feature in levels. That would be gold. Literally.
4. Use the things you make a big deal about more. In both NSMBWii and Galaxy 2, Yoshi was made a huge deal, but in the actual game, Yoshi only appeared in one or two levels per world. It was pathetic! In NSMBWii, he was only seen about five times! Rage! Fortunately, it seems we'll be seeing a lot of Tankooni Mario for 3D Land.
5. Shop gimmick. The only purposes of Star Bits was Banktoad, Hungry Lumas, and the 9999 Star Bit cost for the prankster comet in Grandmaster. But think of it-we had a huge ass hub, and you could talk to a Shop Luma to buy power ups to access more areas in the hub? Or maybe we could have something like Kirby's Epic Yarn-Mario could have his own room, and the Shop Luma would sell furniture and posters and wallpaper etc. to Mario to decorate his room.

I will finish this in another post.

Pyro said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Baby Luigi said:

Screw remakes, Christmas is around the corner.

Here's what I think:

1. The levels desperately need to be more creative. Be more gimmicky! Galaxy 2 burned SMG1's powerups to ashes and overused the Cloud Flower, one of the most stupid ideas Nintendo's had in history. They also overused the Rock Mushroom a bit too. The only place with the Boo Mushroom was like, one mission in the Boo Moon galaxy or that one with Blimp Yoshi and the flashing lights. If you make a (not challenging) level with multiple powerup challenges, that'd be epic. Imagine starting off the level with Boomerang Mario and two planets later destroying boxes with Fire Mario. Creativity! Also, we need more gimmicks. Like Toad said, we should have the remake on the 3DS and use the 3DS' capabilities to make the gameplay less linear. We could have the crate blowing up come back and make the game using the touch screen to slingshot the bob-ombs into the crates, or we could use the motion sensor to tilt the planets. Heck, we don't need another flip-pallet thingy level. If Galaxy's levels were better and less bland, it would deserve Favorite Game in the Mario Awards.
2. Save excessive difficulty for aftergame galaxies and late-game prankster comets. I find it quite annoying that some of the World 4 levels are slightly challenging and World 5 is just too hard for a World 5.
3. Better multiplayer. Sure, Co-Star Luma isn't half bad; but think of it: what if we had Mario and Luigi playing simultaneous and the brothers have their own Co-Star Lumas? It would be a perfect four-player! It's such a simple idea, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come up with it yet! The Co-Star luma should also be made so it can be actually useful. Sure, it was buffed up in 2, but it should be able to attack enemies by itself and also move around by itself. Also, I'd love to see a Mario vs. Luigi "who can get the star first!" multiplayer feature in levels. That would be gold. Literally.
4. Use the things you make a big deal about more. In both NSMBWii and Galaxy 2, Yoshi was made a huge deal, but in the actual game, Yoshi only appeared in one or two levels per world. It was pathetic! In NSMBWii, he was only seen about five times! Rage! Fortunately, it seems we'll be seeing a lot of Tankooni Mario for 3D Land.
5. Shop gimmick. The only purposes of Star Bits was Banktoad, Hungry Lumas, and the 9999 Star Bit cost for the prankster comet in Grandmaster. But think of it-we had a huge ass hub, and you could talk to a Shop Luma to buy power ups to access more areas in the hub? Or maybe we could have something like Kirby's Epic Yarn-Mario could have his own room, and the Shop Luma would sell furniture and posters and wallpaper etc. to Mario to decorate his room.

I will finish this in another post.
Combine this post with mine, and you get the perfect Galaxy experience.

If they remake anything, why don't they do SMS before SMG? I would like that so much better.

At this point it's rather pointless to remake a Wii game on the 3DS, considering the Wii is the latest Nintendo home console still, so most people still have theirs.

schmutz said:
If they remake anything, why don't they do SMS before SMG? I would like that so much better.

At this point it's rather pointless to remake a Wii game on the 3DS, considering the Wii is the latest Nintendo home console still, so most people still have theirs.
I was under the impression that the suggestion was that the 3DS would get a "Super Mario Galaxy 3" or something.

ghostyTrickster said:
schmutz said:

I was under the impression that the suggestion was that the 3DS would get a "Super Mario Galaxy 3" or something.

Oh.

Well then never mind.

Please continue your discussion.

No. The DS can't handle games.

Oh, you mean 3DS?

I rather have other Mario games than another Super Linear Mario Galaxy.

The Mario Galaxy games are very good but I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is enough.
Like what Crackin355 said, maybe a new game would be nice.

Back