Do you expect Mario games to get better as the years go on?

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
'Cause I sure as Hell do. I don't want to play the upcoming Mario games and get be able to compare it with past games or just say it's "as good" as FIB game. I wanna go on and say, "Tis not 'as good', IT'S BETTER!" With next Gen Technology, I want the franchise to IMPROVE! Get better! I want to be blown away and PLEASE Nintendo stop making those POS M&S Olympic games! God every two years with those pieces of crap?! Why not a new great 2 or 3D Adventure at least every 2 years?!

Marwikedor said:
'Cause I sure as Hell do. I don't want to play the upcoming Mario games and get be able to compare it with past games or just say it's "as good" as FIB game. I wanna go on and say, "Tis not 'as good', IT'S BETTER!" With next Gen Technology, I want the franchise to IMPROVE! Get better! I want to be blown away and PLEASE Nintendo stop making those POS M&S Olympic games! God every two years with those pieces of crap?! Why not a new great 2 or 3D Adventure at least every 2 years?!
in some other topics like what you and I told about other possible players in main games
so I only stay in wait and see as they didn't do real improvements in the past long Mario history

I hope to see another 3D game like Mario Sunshine
or they can keep on each subseries, and make better rosters, these can be at fingertips

others about yours, I don't think Olympics bad (uh, despite headaching rosters), it contains many sports that can be used only here
3D and 2D games may not be in massive production, but I think they can make other Wario or DK main game during the window

Of course Mario games will get better and better over time. In fact Mario games are better nowadays. I´m 23 but I definitely don´t judge on nostalgia goggles, and while I know (and had experienced at their correspondent time) how much each of the Mario big hits mean to the franchise´s history, I can recognize a new good game when I see it.

Some of the newer games are properly praised (for example, the Galaxy games), and some aren´t (Sports Mix) but in general, while the Mario series has had it´s failures, in general it´s still in a great level of quality.

Or maybe I´m just a biased Nintendo fanboy. Whatever.

Why not a new great 2 or 3D Adventure at least every 2 years?!

In my opinion, I think I prefer less games (not to the point of the GC era though, when the only platformer was Sunshine) because less time to develop games means shorter games. Take a look at Sonic for example: while I really like it´s games, the newer ones are much shorter than, say, Heroes or Adventure, because Sega is milking the franchise as much as possible these recent years, releasing a lot of games per year, which means you can complete their recent games in two days when the older ones took me two months (granted the Adventure ones abused the chao garden bull*bleep* for fake longevity, but Heroes and Shadow were genuinely long, and so were the sports and spin offs like Sonic Riders)

Marwikedor said:
PLEASE Nintendo stop making those POS M&S Olympic games!
SEGA makes those. They just have the license to use Mario characters.

The Mario games are already good. Super Mario 3D Land may not what you wanted but I think it's supposed to be better than it looks.

They already do, though in differing areas (some improve in graphics, most improve in gameplay, some at least take a stab at a story, etcetera).

No they will decline in quality as the years go by prolly around the time virtual reality is introduced :posh:

Of course I expect Mario games to be better. It went from single player sidescrolling platforming into 4 players! Maybe the next is 3D multiplayer platforming. I will like to see them pull that off.

What comes next? A 3D platformer involving Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi?

Possibly. Actually, it would be cool if that happened.

I'd rather see the Mario Bros. with Toad and Princess Peach in a future Mario platformer (just like in SMB2).

I would like a 3D multiplayer platformer.

Yes, I expect Mario games to be better as the the years go on.

Mario Sports Mix was a disgrace! Dodgeball, what you hoped would be the best of the bunch, was the worst of the bunch, like a bad Mario Party Mini-game. The rest were either like MP Mini-games or at least prime unlockable mini-games like Beach Volley Folly quality no better.

I thought Mario Sports Mix was one of the better spin-off games for the Wii. I had and still have a lot of fun with the game!

Propeller Toad said:
I thought Mario Sports Mix was one of the better spin-off games for the Wii. I had and still have a lot of fun with the game!
Really cuz I haven't played it yet. I will own it eventually because I have to own every Mario game even one Mario farted in for 5 seconds

Marwikedor said:
Mario Sports Mix was a disgrace! Dodgeball, what you hoped would be the best of the bunch, was the worst of the bunch, like a bad Mario Party Mini-game. The rest were either like MP Mini-games or at least prime unlockable mini-games like Beach Volley Folly quality no better.
Wait, if you haven't played it yet, then how do you know it was a disgrace? *facehoof*.

Pinkie Pie said:
Marwikedor said:
Wait, if you haven't played it yet, then how do you know it was a disgrace? *facehoof*.

Roster related, perhaps?

Pinkie Pie said:
Marwikedor said:
I've never played Superman 64 and we all know that's a pos

Yeah, but Mario Sports Mix is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

Mario4Ever said:
Yeah, but Mario Sports Mix is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.
You're right I ought to make up my own mind and play it for myself. If it would have gotten rave reviews I would have rushed to get it. I do have to own it eventually since I have to own all Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaario's games. But when so many reviewers compared them to Mini-games it turned me off. But for now, I've got bigger fish to fry. Arkam City anyone? And I still don't have a 3DS I need it before SM3DLand comes out.

Don't believe the ratings these days. They speak lies. ;)

Of course, everybody does have different tastes; however, this game is plenty of fun by itself. It all comes down to how you perceive a game to see whether or not it is fun or not. While ratings give you a general idea of what the game is like, you are the one who is going to be playing that game, not those who rated it for you.

I have not much of any interest in Mario games at the moment, and upcoming video games in general. However, I think there is much potential waiting to happen. I'm just going to wait.

Yeah I bet they will be better but we'll have to wait to find out (I hate waiting)

Who likes waiting? I'm not the patient type either.

Back