Do you expect Mario games to get better as the years go on?

Waiting for a game is a necessary evil. What usually happens in the time is the quality being delivered into the game.

Yes, most people know that.

What I'm saying that most developers don't rush art.

Mario4Ever said:
Yeah, but Mario Sports Mix is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

The roster may have been weak, but at least the tournament features make up for it. If a sequel is ever made, the roster should get some new additions. Maybe even a new sport or two; I would say Soccer, but the Mario Strikers series covers that.

Marwikedor said:
Mario Sports Mix was a disgrace! Dodgeball, what you hoped would be the best of the bunch, was the worst of the bunch, like a bad Mario Party Mini-game. The rest were either like MP Mini-games or at least prime unlockable mini-games like Beach Volley Folly quality no better.
Marwikedor said:
Propeller Toad said:
I thought Mario Sports Mix was one of the better spin-off games for the Wii. I had and still have a lot of fun with the game!
Really cuz I haven't played it yet. I will own it eventually because I have to own every Mario game even one Mario farted in for 5 seconds
>_>

...I have nothing to say.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Hard to say, because it's hard to tell what makes a game "Better".

From what I've seen here, everyone here seems content with Nintendo releasing the same exact game every few years or so with minor changes.

Suspiciously similar to another gaming company and another franchise.

Regardless, I'd like to see Nintendo continue to experiment with Mario games and trying out different kinds of gaming genres, or perhaps different spins on classic genres.

I can't say I'm crazy about the direction they are going with the Mario platformers. After Sunshine, I always wanted to explore a vast expansive Mushroom Kingdom full of happy citizens. But now it seems they want to make the games a linear course instead of an environment to freely roam.

Even the the little people you meet in the Galaxy games are void of personality and have nothing to say. They might as well be signposts!

But in Sunshine the characters were expressive, they had problems and feelings. I wanted to see more of that!

Super Mario 3D Land is a mix of 2D and 3D Platforming.

Ya know what they say. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

'3K said:
Marwikedor said:
PLEASE Nintendo stop making those POS M&S Olympic games!
SEGA makes those. They just have the license to use Mario characters.
Additionally, it's officially licenced by the Olympic Committee, so they have to make it every two years. Kinda like a Madden Football-esque deal.

Going back on topic, I feel that the series should get better as the years go on. Unfortunately, it isn't. I think the high point for the series as a whole was 1996-2002. It's only been downhill from there, especially in releasing a sports game that's pretty much clones of the previous one. The only really stunning Mario main-series game in the last few years would have to be Super Mario Galaxy (1). The rest all range from "ok" to crap.

Yes, I expect games to get better over the years, especially the Kirby games, the one that just released was awesome, that means the ones that will release in the future will be MADNESS!!!

Marstar2000 said:
Yes, I expect games to get better over the years, especially the Kirby games, the one that just released was awesome, that means the ones that will release in the future will be MADNESS!!!

This is about the Mario series. Not others.

I really have no idea whether the Mario series will get better, but I hope it does.

To look on the bright side, at least the soundtrack is getting better. Super Mario Galaxy 2's soundtrack was impressive.

I liked Super Mario Galaxy 1's more.

Not that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is much worse, but by the time Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out, the surprise factor is gone.

Back