V2W: Forum's Choice (Champion Celebration, Stats, and Voter Awards)

With the game almost over, I just want to check over something again. How should new series nominati

• Have a system where nominations themselves are voted on.. Assuring that all the series in the next g

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • The first-come, first-served nominations were part of the novelty of the game. Keep it. If there's a

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Other option (Might be fair to tell me what you have in mind)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Re: V2W: Forum's Choice (Final: Luigi Vs. Rainbow Dash)

Discord said:
Hey. I don't see how Gamzee is popular but he is. In this way Rainbow Dash is popular.
The difference is that I like RB.

To quote 2257, "people just dont get it :(".

Luigi: 3
Rainbow Dash: 10

Luigi: 4

I've been undercut....

Luigi: 5

I'm just happy Animaniacs is going to the second game.

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice (Final: Wario Vs. Luigi Vs. Rainbow Dash)

Pinkie Pie said:
Well too bad. Luigi is overrated.
Amazing how Luigi went from being always in Mario's shadow to being overrated. How ironic.

Oh no, wait, it's not ironic, it's stupid.

Luigi: 6

Luigi: 6
Rainbow Dash: 11

GO ME!

Smashgoom202 said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Well too bad. Luigi is overrated.
Amazing how Luigi went from being always in Mario's shadow to being overrated. How ironic.

Oh no, wait, it's not ironic, it's stupid.

No, Luigi has actually become more popular than Mario. He even won most popular character at the last Shroom Awards IIRC. So no, it's not stupid at all.

Luigi: 7
Rainbow Dash: 11

Luigi: 9
Rainbow Dash: 13

If Luigi's gonna lose, it's gonna be by a smaller amount of points.

in

Luigi: 9
Rainbow Dash: 14

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice (Champion Celebration, Stats, Voter Awards)

After over 2 months of voting on 100 different characters from all different types of media. And in different sizes, species, and plenty more. We finally have our Champion.

I'd like to crown the first edition of Vote to Win: Forum's Choice champion...

RAINBOW DASH

640px-Ohmygosh.png

It's been a long game but Rainbow Dash comes out on top as the grand champion of Forum's Choice by beating Luigi by 4 votes. For a while it seemed like Rainbow Dash would actually blow out Luigi. As Luigi had absolutely no votes until shortly after noon. In the afternoon though, Luigi came up with some more votes to pull closer and threatened to pull off an incredible comeback. But as the time of the game reached about 6 hours left in the game. The voting died out, and as a result. Rainbow Dash kept her lead and won the tournament.

Congratulations to everyone who has voted at least once, all 67 of you. And I hope to see you guys somewhere within the next month, for gettting ready for V2W: Forum's Choice II

What you thought I'd lock this now that we have a champion? Whoa whoa whoa there, we still have something to do. First of all there will be a celebration for Rainbow Dash going throughout the rest of the time this thread is active. All who voted for her (Or people who didn't vote at all during the final but still happy that she won) can post victory images, videos, or just excitable text congratulating the champion. Though to make sure it's not just spam that'd work for Mindless Junk. I will also be putting up some Voter stats that I've been keeping and/or will collect to squeeze some extra fun out of this, I will be posting some numbers that include Character ranks based on how many votes they recieved in the entire game and also some Voter Awards. However the awards only apply to those who at least voted on 45 matchups (There was 90 something matchups in the entire game, don't want random people who only voted less then 5 times to get the best awards) to make sure that the people who actually participated quite a bit get rewarded for it. Those who didn't vote as much can't get them but their will be voting percentages revealed for everyone. So those who only voted once will still be credited with having a 100% (or 0%) percentage but they won't get any awards for it.

So let the celebration begin first! I will post the stats and awards accordingly throughout tonight and tomorrow. So keep an eye out.

Yay. Congratulations, Rainbow! :D

/generic comment

Disappointed Luigi lost, but it was a good series, anyways. Actually was surprised to see Luigi AND Rainbow Dash make it this far. They were not the final round I was expecting. Nice game.

Rainbow Dash :)
Anyways, I'm excited to see if there are awards for voting for winner s and voting for losers.

Well first I'll show again what the standings on the front page are for. And right after on this same post get into the first batch of stats and Awards.

These 10 series will be returning the next game. However for the most party they won't have the same characters they did last time. Based on how they ranked in the top 10

SERIES STANDINGS
MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC 416 POINTS
MARIO 386 POINTS

Friendship is Magic and Mario did by far the best in this game. However this means that no matter what, there will be 5 new characters in the next game. That means no Mario, No Pinkie Pie, No Bowser, etc. Of course those are 2 series easy to pick new ones for.

LEGEND OF ZELDA 208 POINTS
HOMESTUCK 195 POINTS

Legend of Zelda and Homestuck took 3rd and 4th place. This means they can have at least one character return. But in no way are they forced too. For Legend of Zelda the only one that's allowed to return anyway is Skull Kid. For Homestuck, Only Dave, Rose, or Vriska can return. Gamzee and Karkat cannot. But I think it's best Homestuck gets a fresh new group except maybe returning Dave at least.

KIRBY 184 POINTS
WARIOWARE 165 POINTS

Kirby and Warioware got 5th and 6th this means they can get up to 2 returning characters. The good news for Kirby fans is that Kirby and Meta Knight can make their triumphant return after being painstakingly beat in the first round. WarioWare on the other hand can get Jimmy T or Ashley back perhaps. But an entirely new 5 wouldn't be so bad.

METROID 153 POINTS
COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG 140 POINTS

Metroid and Courage got 7th and 8th so they can have up to 3 characters return. I suspect since this happened early in Round 1 Ridley will return. Just maybe Dark Samus and Samus too. Courage might have Muriel and Eustace return but have some new antagonists next game.

BANJO-KAZOOIE 123 POINTS
ANIMANIACS 110 POINTS

And finally the 9th and 10 slots can have up to 4 people return. WHich means Gruntilda, Bottles, Yakko, and Dot can return if people want them back.

Anyway, have the first 3 awards. These are based on percentages of people who voted. The more characters they voted that won out of the matches they voted on. The higher their percentage is. There will be more later, but it's getting late and I can't be statistic reading all night long.

"Go with the Flow" Award (Most votes going to a winning character) - SonicMario [89%] (I seriously had no Idea I had this xP)
Honorable Mentions: Smasher [84%], Nabber [84%]

"Hipster" Award (Most votes going to a losing character) - Goomba's Shoe 15 [46%]
Honorable Mention: Bop1996 [48%]

"Who are these guys again?" Award (Most Matchups voted on) - Smasher (90 Matchups)

And down below is the percentage spot everyone who voted fell under

0%-40%
Boozooka
N64Dude
Fawfulfury
Toxbox
Banjonator
Moofle
Solarblaze
Yoshiwalker
MarioMaster15
Yoshidude

41%-50%
Luigi No. 1
Goomba's Shoe 15
Rise Up Above It
Neptune
Nintendo Queen
Ralphfan
Mario and Luigi
Mario5ever
Lily
Superjeff
Snowstalker

51%-60%
New Super Mario
Dr. Javelin
Crackin355
Dry-Petey
Quizmo

61%-70%
Toad85
New Super Yoshi
Brock
Mason
Gamefreak
Smashgoom
Nega Man
CharizardLover
Paper_Yoshi

71%-80%
Crash
Epic Nitwit
MCD
Anton
FireEevee
Gutsehman
'3K
Edo
Vinnie
SiFi
YoshiMonsta

81%-90%
UltraMario
SonicMario
Smasher
CountBonsula
Jorge
Nabber

91%-100%
Turb
Aldo
S-Y
Alex25
DP
BMB
Ultraluigi
Propeller Toad
Uniju
Baby Luigi
Superfiremario
Shroobario

Epic Nitwit said:
So, what do all those percentages down the bottom mean?

Just how much of their votes went into a winning character. For example Smasher voted on 90 matches. 76 of those matches the character he voted for won. Divide 76 by 90, you get .8444444(repeating) which rounds to 84%. Same thing with all the other voter percentages.

Yessss, 51% - 60%

That's good enough for me. Oh and, yay, Rainbow Dash won :D

I was thinking, maybe you could write in brackets next to our name how many times somebody voted next time? That'd be cool for the forums choice V2W II Final Percentage thing.

Back