V2W: Forum's Choice (Champion Celebration, Stats, and Voter Awards)

With the game almost over, I just want to check over something again. How should new series nominati

• Have a system where nominations themselves are voted on.. Assuring that all the series in the next g

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • The first-come, first-served nominations were part of the novelty of the game. Keep it. If there's a

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Other option (Might be fair to tell me what you have in mind)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
So we know what series received the most points, but which characters by themselves obtained the most points?

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice (Final: Luigi Vs. Rainbow Dash)

Dr. Javelin said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Dr. Javelin said:
implying that since we're on a Mario site we can only like Mario
Regthreeds.png
You know, it's much funnier when Ralph does it.

Or anyone besides UM, at that.

Oh hey, an excuse to use this:

Northern Verve said:
And I hope to see you guys somewhere within the next month, for gettting ready for V2W: Forum's Choice II
OK cool. I have suggestions for characters in the next game.

Northern Verve said:
"Hipster" Award (Most votes going to a losing character) - Goomba's Shoe 15 [46%]
Honorable Mention: Bop1996 [48%]
I knew I should have voted for those Sultans of the Ottoman Empire....

apocalypseArisen said:
So we know what series received the most points, but which characters by themselves obtained the most points?

That will be one of my next statistic checks. Also be doing some more awards today.

Congratulations, Simon Belmont! You beat every opponent by a landslide!

Character ranks based on votes and round advancement is going to take a little while. I almost wish now that I kept all the vote tallies on the front page. I'll probably do that next game, as having to look back and forth through almost 80 pages of voting is tedious and annoying. But I still can't wait to show off the results anyway.

Magus said:
Northern Verve said:
"Hipster" Award (Most votes going to a losing character) - Goomba's Shoe 15 [46%]
IN YOUR FACE BOP
also this is the proudest momment of my life :posh:

It took a while. But these are points each character got the entire game they are ranked in terms of how many points they got in total the entire game and how far they got. So for some characters even if they got more total in the entire game then someone above them, they're still ranked below because you can get alot of votes but if you can't get those votes when it counts it just doesn't mean they're higher then them. If some are tied, the characters are ranked by how well their series did. There could be room for error in the exact numbers or ranking but that's because I'm not a robot and it really took a while to get all this data

Note: Some characters are a tad inflated because Overtime matches and Triple matchups were put into account as well. Kirby got 9 votes in both of the Kirby Vs. Poochy vote, thus 18 is his score.

1) Rainbow Dash: 122 (Friendship is Magic)
2) Luigi: 131 (Mario)
3) Wario: 111 (WarioWare)
4) Fluttershy: 107 (Friendship is Magic)
5) Yoshi 97 (Mario)
6) Ganondorf: 90 (Legend of Zelda)
7) Mario: 81 (Mario)
8 ) Bowser: 79 (Mario)
9) King Dedede: 79 (Kirby)
10) Applejack: 75 (Friendship is Magic)
11) Karkat: 67 (Homestuck)
12) Courage: 65 (Courage)
13) Zero Two: 62 (Kirby)
14) Poochy 62 (Dogs)
15) Gamzee 55 (Homestuck)
16) Twilight Sparkle 52 (Friendship is Magic)
17) Link 52 (Legend of Zelda)
18) Samus 50 (Metroid)
19) Mother Brain 47 (Metroid)
20) Banjo: 43 (Banjo-Kazooie)
21) Kazooie 43 (Banjo-Kazooie)
22) Wakko 41 (Animaniacs)
23) Aragorn 41 (Lord of the Rings)
24) Ike 40 (Fire Emblem)
25) Kraid: 39 (Metroid)
26) Freaky Fred 41 (Courage)
27) Zelda 35 (Legend of Zelda)
28) Pinkie Pie 34 (Friendship is Magic)
29) Katz 34 (Courage)
30) Midna 30 (Legend of Zelda)
31) Dave 29 (Homestuck)
32) Data 28 (Star Trek)
33) Mumbo-Jumbo 27 (Banjo-Kazooie)
34) White Bomberman 27 (Bomberman)
35) Vriska 26 (Homestuck)
36) Afro Smiley: 26 (Smilies)
37) Rose 24 (Homestuck)
38) Marth 24 (Fire Emblem)
39) 9-Volt 23 (WarioWare)
40) Pinky and the Brain 23 (Animaniacs)
41) Rooey 23 (Bomberman)
42) Michael Schumacher 23 (Formula 1)
43) Mona 22 (WarioWare)
44) Dot: 22 (Animaniacs)
45) Yakko 22 (Animaniacs)
46) Simon Belmont 22 (Castlevania)
47) Dracula 21 (Castlevania)
48) Smug: 21 (Smilies)
49) Black Knight 20 (Fire Emblem)
50) Jose Reyes 16 (Mets)
51) Meta Knight: 22 (Kirby)
52) Kirby: 18 (Kirby)
53) Dark Samus: 11 (Metroid)
54) Chihuahua: 8 (Dogs)
55) Peach: 7 (Mario)
56) Muriel: 7 (Courage)
57) Ridley: 7 (Metroid)
58) Gruntilda: 7 (Banjo-Kazooie)
59) Eekdance: 7 (Smilies)
60) Ashley: 6 (WarioWare)
61) Picard: 6 (Star Trek)
62) Alucard: 6 (Castlevania)
63) Gandalf: 5 (Lord of the Rings)
64) Geordi LaForge: 5 (Star Trek)
65) Posh: 5 (Smilies)
66) German Shepherd: 4 (Dogs)
67) Frodo: 4 (Lord of the Rings)
68) Gollum: 4 (Lord of the Rings)
69) Red Bomberman: 4 (Bomberman)
70) Jenson Button: 4 (Formula 1)
71) Suleiman: 4 (Ottoman)
72) Jimmy T: 3 (WarioWare)
73) Knuckle Joe: 3 (Kirby)
74) Bottles: 3 (Banjo-Kazooie)
75) Eustace: 3 (Courage)
76) Roy: 3 (Fire Emblem)
77) Death: 3 (Castlevania)
78) Beagle: 3 (Dogs)
79) Black Bomberman: 3 (Bomberman)
80) Blue Bomberman: 3 (Bomberman)
81) Fernando Alonso: 3 (Formula 1)
82) Shifty: 3 (Smilies)
83) Mahmud II: 3 (Ottoman)
84) Abdul Hamid II: 3 (Ottoman)
85) Osman I: 3 (Ottoman)
86) Hello Nurse: 2 (Animaniacs)
87) Lyn: 2 (Fire Emblem)
88) Golden Retriever: 2 (Dogs)
89) Legolas: 2 (Lord of the Rings)
90) Riker: 2 (Star Trek)
91) Tom Seaver: 2 (Mets)
92) Sebastian Vettel: 2 (Formula 1)
93) Mike Piazza: 2 (Mets)
94) Abdulmecid I: 2 (Ottoman)
95) Skull Kid: 1 (Legend of Zelda)
96) Richter: 1 (Castlevania)
97) Lore: 1 (Star Trek)
98) Dwight Gooden: 1 (Mets)
99) Gary Carter: 1 (Mets)
100) Lewis Hamilton: 1 (Formula 1)

Just posting this now to have you guys take a look. There will be some awards I'll post later today.

Lips said:
Magus said:
Northern Verve said:
IN YOUR FACE BOP
also this is the proudest momment of my life :posh:
You have done a fantastic job to earn this award and you truly deserve it.

Also, I resolve to work harder at passing Samus into later rounds in the subsequent game.

Samus did pretty well actually. 18th place out of 100 isn't that bad. Though Samus will not be returning in the next Forum's Choice game. If anyone's returning in the Metroid series next game, it will probably be Ridley.

Wouldn't Dark Samus be able to return as well?

Smasher said:
Wouldn't Dark Samus be able to return as well?

Yeah Dark Samus can return as well. Up to 3 can return from Metroid. However Samus, Mother Brain, and Kraid made it too far to be considered for a return. So I suggest if you guys want only have Dark Samus and Ridley return and pick 3 new characters for the Metroid series next time.

Darn. I'll furnish three Metroid characters if you need them, though.

'3K said:
I nominate Rundas. That dude rocks.

Whoa there '3K we're not nominating until the 2nd game's thread is up (Won't be this month. Probably sometime in Feburary)

Also I'm still collecting data for some awards. There's a total of 5 awards left. To get you thinking the awards will be the following: First to Vote, Last to Vote, Tieing Voter, Winning Voter, and most posts that are not votes during a match.

When I saw how many overall votes each character got... for some reason, I thought ot the 2000 Presidential Election...

Smashgoom202 said:
When I saw how many overall votes each character got... for some reason, I thought ot the 2000 Presidential Election...

Yeah I suppose if it was based on overall votes. Then Luigi would of won the whole thing. But one thing I gotta say is that Luigi has more mainly because of a bit of inflation from Luigi Vs. Poochy. I'm not saying that's the only reason Luigi had more votes despite taking 2nd place in the entire game as Luigi may have still got a few votes or so more then Rainbow. But with the whole round thing, you know about sports right? Particulary ones where there are more then one game in the Playoffs like Hockey, Basketball, or Baseball. Imagine a 7-game Baseball series. A team can get like 10 points for the 3 games they win, but if they lose close ones 4 times that are like 3-2 or something then those 30 points aren't going to help them win anything as they're out of the Playoffs anyway. It's not just points that matter in the ranking, it's on advancing plus getting the votes when it counts the most. Luigi came up big in alot of his matchups, he just came up short when the Championship arrived.

This took a looooooooooong time. But here are the 5 awards I promised to show.

"Early Bird" Award (Person who was the first to vote the most) - Smasher (32 times)
Honorable Mentions: Goomba's Shoe 15 (10 times), UltraMario (9 times)

"Slowpoke" Award (Person who was the last to vote the most) - Gutsehman (7 times)
Honorable Mentions: Paper_Yoshi, Crash, Quizmo (All 3 voted last 5 times)

"Let's make this interesting..." Award (Person who tied matchups the most) - Smasher (12 times)
Honorable Mention: Goomba's Shoe 15 (11 times)

"Checkmate" Award (Person who had the Clinching Vote the most) - Gutsehman (9 times)
Honorable Mentions: SonicMario (8 times), Smasher and Crash (7 times)

"You Talk Too Much, You Never Shut up" Award (Person who had the most posts that weren't vote posts. Does not count posts that set up new matchups or posts during breaks) - SonicMario (59 Posts)
Honorable Mention: Smasher (33 Posts)

Though to be fair most of me and Smasher's were to answer anybody's questions or all the "fix'd" posts. And I think that's it for awards unless you guys have something else I can possibly look through for.

Back