The Petey Piranha Discussion Thread

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
After coming back after a long time you saw this coming. Talk about everything involving that loved/hated King of Piranha Plants! I have every game he's playable in so far, but unlocking him in Mario Strikers Charged can be too difficult. I've only beaten the Fire Cup and am on the Crystal Cup. Enjoy the discussion or else! JK!

Too hard to unlock him in Strikers Charged.

Re: The Petey Piranha Discussion ThreadI bet

I beat him on my first try with my team of Mario, Toad, Boo, and Dry Bones.

The first match was pretty close (2-3 I suppose) while the second one was the destruction of 5-0 (I was 5).

I disliked him in Mario Kart Double Dash due to his insistent recurring in 150cc +

When do you think Petey Piranha will appear again as playable? It has been a while.

Wasn't Mario Super Sluggers the last game we seen him as playable (along with Toadette and Birdo) aside from that MSM cameo? Perhaps, he could appear in Mario Kart 7 or Mario Tennis 3DS as a playable.

Petey Piranha could be playable in Mario Tennis or Mario Kart 7, like you said. Still, he's quite recurring, even for a playable character in the Mario series

Super Sluggers was quite a while ago, actually.

Yes, Sluggers was quite a while ago (2008 I believe). Surprising that it has already been 3 years, and we have yet to see these guys playable since.

Propeller Toad said:
Yes, Sluggers was quite a while ago (2008 I believe). Surprising that it has already been 3 years, and we have yet to see these guys playable since.

Because they were too busy developing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2, the only Mario games being 2 platformers, a little 2 much.

Baby Luigi said:
Propeller Toad said:

Because they were too busy developing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2, the only Mario games being 2 platformers, a little 2 much.
I hope later spin offs will bring them back.

They've kind of replaced him with Dino Piranha and the bunch from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

Petey Piranha is my favourite Mario character ever. If nintendo was to announce that Petey wouldn't be in their new games, I would throw out my Mario games.

Dry-Petey said:
Petey Piranha is my favourite Mario character ever. If nintendo was to announce that Petey wouldn't be in their new games, I would throw out my Mario games.
Watt is my favorite mario character ever. If nintendo was to announce that Watt wouldn't be in their new games, I would throw out my mario games.

This is EXCATLY why I only like PM characters. Every other main character has at least one stupidly overobsessed user. No offense to the veteran users, it's just that Big 8 fanboys make me hhhnnnnnnngggggb!

YoshiMonsta said:
In New Super Mario Bros. I crushed him with my mega-shroom (I actually just walked into him but who cares?)

I've done that to all the bosses.

For me, Petey is meh. I've only played 2 games with him in them, though.

I don't care much for him.

I hate Petey Piranha. Actually, I hate all of the characters that took hold of the series at the beginning of the Gamecube era. Bowser Jr., Petey Piranha, King Boo, none of them have ever been neccessary. I understand Waluigi, Toadette, bringing back Birdo and Daisy, etc because they were all done for games that had partner mechanics to be the partner of theretofore partnerless characters, but throwing in bosses from recent games was just kind of unnecessary. I don't mind them where they belonged, at the end of missions in their first games(except for Bowser Jr. because he was pretty much engineered just to annoy the player, high-pitched voiced little kid who frames you and steals your lady = NOT COOL), but stuffing them into Mario Kart just clutters the player select screen and degrades the cast of the game in general.

It's like they(3Dejong) always say, if Nintendo ever kills off two Mario characters it should be Petey Piranha and Waluigi Bowser Jr.: Petey Piranha would eat Waluigi Bowser Jr. and than die of indegestion.

I think those characters are quite creative and they have good design. Dose this mean you don't like Fawful.

Me? When did I ever say or even imply such a thing?

Petey is an amusing character to play as. However, his big head can be a major hindrance to players (such as in Double Dash!!), which is probably why he's been downgraded to being mostly a stage element.

Back