Should there be a story in the next SSB game?

Should there be a story in the next SSB game?

• Yes! I only play them for the story.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honestly I don't care. I won't use it anyways.

• Why no one likes it

• They are the only reason I don't play it.

• Total voters
Agreed. They, rather than having original enemies made in that game, they should have guys (like melee in the adventure mode) like guys from every game.

^Yes, that's the whole point of crossovers!

Of course! I usually play by myself, so I'd like an interesting story mode for those times I play by myself.

Who wouldn't?
The original emissary was a little (cough-crappy-cough-cough) cheesy, still does it have to another thing with all the primids and other... (cough-cough-crappy-cough) cheesy enemies it could be an entirely different idea with the Mario world not being the base (since the main villains came from subspace in Super Mario Bros. 2)

(cough-crappy-cough-cough)(cough-crappy-cough-cough)(cough-crappy-cough-cough)(cough-crappy-cough-cough)(cough-crappy-cough-*shot*

And, SMB2 Subspace and Brawl Subspace are completely different places.

YoshiMonsta said:
Who wouldn't?
The original emissary was a little (cough-crappy-cough-cough) cheesy, still does it have to another thing with all the primids and other... (cough-cough-crappy-cough) cheesy enemies it could be an entirely different idea with the Mario world not being the base (since the main villains came from subspace in Super Mario Bros. 2)
idk it seems like a different "Subspace" to me

And the plot really wasn't that bad, and it was even better if you read the whole thing on Super Smash Bros. DOJO; it has parts not in the actual game.

Well, it had some good parts and it had some (cough-cough-crappy-cough) cheesy parts, so if you play the next game hope they remove the (cough-cough-crappy-cough) cheesy parts.

I don't remember any really cheesy parts, although I haven't done the story mode much in a while.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I don't remember any really cheesy parts, although I haven't done the story mode much in a while.

There were some bad scenes, including Kirby's pathetic Dragoon slicing into a heavily armored cannon and Pit jumping on Mario's head, but failing to catch the Ancient Minister, even though he can fly.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

There were some bad scenes, including Kirby's pathetic Dragoon slicing into a heavily armored cannon and Pit jumping on Mario's head, but failing to catch the Ancient Minister, even though he can fly.

Te Ancient Minister part was bad, but I thought the Subspace Cannon part was second only to the scene in which Dedede whacks Luigi into next week with his hammer.

I'm not allowed to buy SSBB (My dad hates violence, even violence as cartoony as SSB's), but from what I've seen at other peoples' houses and online, Subspace Emmisary is not that bad. I would love to see a version of it in another game.

Toad85 said:
I'm not allowed to buy SSBB (My dad hates violence, even violence as cartoony as SSB's), but from what I've seen at other peoples' houses and online, Subspace Emmisary is not that bad. I would love to see a version of it in another game.

How are you able to play any video games, then, since most contain some form of violence?

Toad85 said:
So that's why you hate Shadow the Hedgehog?

Yoshidude99 said:
Toad85 said:
No. I hate Shadow because he's an idiotic, self-centered prick with a terrible design and even worse backstory.

Yes I would like to see a storyline. I <3 stories.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Technically, Pit can't fly. He needs to use the Wings of Icarus to pull that off, but its powers are limited.

Mario4Ever said:
Toad85 said:

How are you able to play any video games, then, since most contain some form of violence?
I think it has something to do with Solid Snake being in Brawl, or the fact that you punch and kick.

Even though I highly doubt "funner" is a real word, yes, I believe there should be another story mode.

Toad85 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Toad85 said:
No. I hate Shadow because he's an idiotic, self-centered prick with a terrible design and even worse backstory.
Big is worse

Yoshidude99 said:
Toad85 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Toad85 said:
Big is worse

Big's a dolt...and Shadow is flawed, but not for being an idiotic, self-centered prick (pretty much every Sonic villain is one).

Mario4Ever said:
Big's a dolt...and Shadow is flawed, but not for being an idiotic, self-centered prick (pretty much every Sonic villain is one).

I was thinking more that Big is simple-minded. Shadow used to be an anti-hero who was hunger for revenge, but he later became a mere spectator who doesn't even bother to become Super Shadow when the need arises; in other words, his purpose has become quite lackluster.

Sorry, but at this point, Tails has higher odds of being a playable than Shadow, but even Tails's inclusion in Smash 4 is questionable.

Master Koopakid said:
I loved the inclusion of no voice acting in Brawl. It just made more memorable.
Yeah, though it did make it hard to follow the plot. I only fully understood it after I read an explanation on the Dojo (a bunch of scenes were left out of the game).

Back