What is your favorite Koopalings (Bowser Jr. Counts)

What is your favorite of the Koopalings (Bowser Jr. Counts)

• Larry Koopa

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Roy Koopa

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lemmy Koopa

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Wendy Koopa

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Iggy Koopa

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Morton Koopa

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Ludwig Van Koopa

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Boswer Jr.

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
What is your favorite Koopaling? I included :bowjr:. Also I allowed to do pick 2 votes.

Bowser Jr. and Iggy. I don't like any of the others (except maybe Lemmy)

Larry and Morton are my favorite, although if there was a third option I'd go with Bowser Jr.

I'm pretty sure we've done this before...

Anyways, as I said before, the Koopalings haven't been personalized enough (except for Bowser Jr.) for me to be able to pick one of them.

Bowser Jr. For me, no other Koopalings matter too much.

Gosh... A lot of people like Bowser Jr. over the Koopalings...

I wonder, could people like the Koopalings more because they knew them at a younger age, and are more inclined to include the TV series and comics as game canon? Could it be that younger Mario fans are more inclined to Bowser Jr. because they never knew the Koopalings? Could it be that more people like Bowser Jr. because he's gotten more chances at characterization than the Koopalings have?

Personally, I think that the Koopalings have more personality than Bowser Jr. by appearance along. I see Bowser Jr. and I only see Baby Bowser/Mini-Bowser, whereas with the Koopalings, I see a variety of different characters and possibilities.

Smashgoom202 said:
I see Bowser Jr. and I only see Baby Bowser/Mini-Bowser

I personally see a more restrained appearance in Bowser Jr, alluding to the fact he's quite different (eg only having one set of cuffs, which are spikeless on top of that. It's weird seeing how many spikes Baby Bowser wears...).

I'd also have to say that, while I see plenty of personality in the Koopalings, that's based off mannerisms from NSMBW, and people going off their TV personalities are doing it wrong. :/

[quote author=poll]
You may only select up to 2 options.
[/quote]

I can do all eight.

[quote author=poll]
Boswer Jr.
[/quote]

Uh...

I won't vote because I don't know much about them.

Smashgoom202 said:
I wonder, could people like the Koopalings more because they knew them at a younger age, and are more inclined to include the TV series and comics as game canon? Could it be that younger Mario fans are more inclined to Bowser Jr. because they never knew the Koopalings? Could it be that more people like Bowser Jr. because he's gotten more chances at characterization than the Koopalings have?
I'm 23. I grew up playing Mario games, I love Mario 3 and SMW just like everyone else. I liked the cartoons as well. Never have seen why everyone loves these guys so much, never will.

To me, they're just filler bosses, like Mega Man's Robot Masters except much less cooler.

Bowser Jr, hes awsome

and when i first heard of the koopalings, i werent interested to be honest

but i like them now

my fav original koopaling is lemmy

kat-rin koopa said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I see Bowser Jr. and I only see Baby Bowser/Mini-Bowser

I personally see a more restrained appearance in Bowser Jr, alluding to the fact he's quite different (eg only having one set of cuffs, which are spikeless on top of that. It's weird seeing how many spikes Baby Bowser wears...).

I'd also have to say that, while I see plenty of personality in the Koopalings, that's based off mannerisms from NSMBW, and people going off their TV personalities are doing it wrong. :/
I know Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser looked different, I've always known that. I've known that since Bowser Jr. first appeared. And yet, Nintendo seems to have been making deliberate attempts to make Baby Bowser look and sound as much like Bowser Jr. as possible, climaxing in Mario & Luigi: Partner in Time.

That said, I didn't really mean "Bowser Jr. is Baby Bowser/Mini-Bowser" in terms of looks. I meant in terms of personality, in that he's basically what Bowser would act like if he were a kid. And to me, that's not nearly as creative as the Koopalings and their supposed designs and mannerisms.

Smashgoom202 said:
Nintendo seems to have been making deliberate attempts to make Baby Bowser look and sound as much like Baby Bowser as possible

Well duh, they'd make Baby Bowser like Baby Bowser. Tee hee. :3

Smashgoom202 said:
That said, I didn't really mean "Bowser Jr. is Baby Bowser/Mini-Bowser" in terms of looks. I meant in terms of personality, in that he's basically what Bowser would act like if he were a kid. And to me, that's not nearly as creative as the Koopalings and their supposed designs and mannerisms.

Meh, I still see a lot of differences between the two. Baby Bowser is thick as a post, as well as narrow-sighted and without a focus. Bowser Jr meanwhile is more calculating (while still hyper and brash), and knows how to follow a clearly defined goal without his anger and/or selfishness distracting him.

Besides that, Bowser Jr is very multi-faceted when it comes to attacking. Baby Bowser is more like "Me want! Me get! ME SMASH!", he's only broader at his current age (aka the adult form) because he now has an army to fully work with, and he understands how to use it better.

...Hmm, I've certainly tread this ground before. :/

Ludwig. He's not only the oldest, but his battle in NSMB Wii was also the most fun. As an aside, Bowser Jr. certainly does NOT count. He's an immature brat insistent on riding on the proverbial coattails of his more experienced brothers. Why he's second-in-command of the Koopa Troop is something I'll never understand.

kat-rin koopa said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Nintendo seems to have been making deliberate attempts to make Baby Bowser look and sound as much like Baby Bowser as possible

Well duh, they'd make Baby Bowser like Baby Bowser. Tee hee. :3
D'oh! I meant to say Bowser Jr.!

kat-rin koopa said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Meh, I still see a lot of differences between the two. Baby Bowser is thick as a post, as well as narrow-sighted and without a focus. Bowser Jr meanwhile is more calculating (while still hyper and brash), and knows how to follow a clearly defined goal without his anger and/or selfishness distracting him.

Besides that, Bowser Jr is very multi-faceted when it comes to attacking. Baby Bowser is more like "Me want! Me get! ME SMASH!", he's only broader at his current age (aka the adult form) because he now has an army to fully work with, and he understands how to use it better.

...Hmm, I've certainly tread this ground before. :/
Well, in Yoshi's Island DS and ESPECIALLY in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, I see similar mannerisms between him and Bowser Jr., in that they're both selfish little brats who want all the glory, the toys, the minions, the cookies for themselves. The only difference is that Bowser Jr. simultaneously looks up to and is intimidated by his father, whereas Baby Bowser... doesn't really seem to have a father, so he basically leads the Koopa Troop all by himself at a young age, which is certainly going to boost his ego growing up.

Bowser Jr.? Calculating? HA! Yeah, doing the exact same thing Bowser would do, only with a magic paintbrush and disguising himself as Mario, yeah, that's MILES smarter over something Bowser would do. Okay, maybe it's slightly smarter than what Bowser would do, because you know, he's Bowser, but still, I think you give him too much credit.

Back