Mario bros' "mysterious" past and status?

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Mario's "mysterious" past and status?

sometimes Mario's games are regarded as a simple series in front of other heavy plots like Metroid and Zelda
as we see a formula that a peacde ful kingdom is defeated by a fierce troop
but at last we still don't know where Mario is coming from?

about the original Donkey Kong NES, there is a bug about "generation" of "grandson" DK, so we can skip it
Mario stated he is from "Brooklyn", a distriction in New York, US
based on this, there was a TV Super Show telling Mario and Luigi's past life in New York
some relatives in this show like their "niece" shouldn't exist, as they are only children of parents (but maybe they're just far relatives or sworn relatives)
also in some episodes they've talked about dating girls, before they met the princesses
excluding these things, the Show had no specific problem, maybe the plot writer wasn't really considerate

but the real problem rose in Yoshi series' orientation, when we see "Yoshi and Mario are childhood friends and growing together."
So Yoshi's island is near New York...... geographically impossible. We know that possibly Yoshi's island is in the world with Mushroom Kingdom, far from Mario's native nation.
even more for the series growing, Mario bros and Peach actually met in Mushroom kingdom before, when in Brooklyn TV shows showed Mario bros don't know such a place.
so it makes extreme bugs when the large Mario and baby Mario have different histories.

another small contradiction is for the "notable" Camelot sport games, when Mario members met the athlete clubs on Earth (maybe?)
but the athletes are not familiar with Mario brosat all, as they share the same "hometown"
instead they see them as a legend from remote nation

the most possible assumption to solve the problems above
I think is that : Mario bros are actually bron from a remote family near Mushroom Kingdom, not what Earth and America
just like the Donkey Kong NES stated, it's a deleted detail
so that they met Yoshi and princesses, and are not familiar with the athlete clubs
but will Nintendo more clearly state their past in future games to solve the bugs?

Re: Mario's "mysterious" past and status?

The TV shows weren't directly produced by nintendo, so I don't consider it canon.

I personally think that a mixture of the two is most plausible: Mario was, indeed, born in New York, but was transported to the MK while still an infant. Thus, both theories are plausible.

RUDNIKI

Anyway, I just play them as games, I don't really care about Mario's "past" because he's not real. Just think about it, will it matter it Mario was from Brooklyn? It won't, and Nintendo probably doesn't care about Mario's past. So honestly I bet Nintendo won't give a crap about this.

I think Mario was born in an Earth-like planet in Yoshi's Island. It seems like the best explanation for me considering the strange physics of Mushroom Kingdom and such.

His past is like in Partners in Time he battles Baby Bowser all the time

The house the stork brought them to had to be in Brooklyn and not anywhere near Yoshis Island. I thought Mario found the Mushroom Kingdom when somewhere in Brooklyn he crawled into an inter-dimensional pipe that brought him to it?

Marwikedor said:
I thought Mario found the Mushroom Kingdom when somewhere in Brooklyn he crawled into an inter-dimensional pipe that brought him to it?
I agree with that guy it has to be that way because nothing else makes sence.

Marwikedor said:
Marwikedor said:
I thought Mario found the Mushroom Kingdom when somewhere in Brooklyn he crawled into an inter-dimensional pipe that brought him to it?
You agree with yourself?

Department-Of-Redundancy-Department.jpg

Vlad Plasmius said:
Marwikedor said:
Marwikedor said:
You agree with yourself?

Department-Of-Redundancy-Department.jpg
No I think I'm fulla shit

He's really the Zodiac Killer

Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
No, that was Arthur Lee Allen
Nope the Zodiac killer was never found
Yeah but there is the best evidence that it was him. He died of diabetes or something in the early '90s.
no the only evidence was some one said it was him their was no DNA evidence and his finger prints didn't match.

Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Yeah but there is the best evidence that it was him. He died of diabetes or something in the early '90s.
no the only evidence was some one said it was him their was no DNA evidence and his finger prints didn't match.
No, the reason there was no DNA evidence is because he had someone else (or maybe even a dog for all we know) lick the stamps because even as far back as the 1960s it was known that through saliva they could at the very least narrow the search a bit. Nothing like today, though.

Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
Marwikedor said:
Raven said:
No, the reason there was no DNA evidence is because he had someone else (or maybe even a dog for all we know) lick the stamps because even as far back as the 1960s it was known that through saliva they could at the very least narrow the search a bit. Nothing like today, though.
the only evidence to say he was the killer was Circumstantial they never found any physical evidence that proved or even hinted he was the killer. Therefore using the transitive property Mario is the killer

What happend to that other post you made about how some guy said he was

Marwikedor said:
What happend to that other post you made about how some guy said he was
and Luigi is Jack the Ripper

Master Koopakid said:
Anyway, I just play them as games, I don't really care about Mario's "past" because he's not real. Just think about it, will it matter it Mario was from Brooklyn? It won't, and Nintendo probably doesn't care about Mario's past. So honestly I bet Nintendo won't give a crap about this.
after all Yoshi series is telling a story of past, so the contradiction does make impact if Yoshi serie is ongoing
if it's Wario and the others, since they didn't tell and don't have to tell their past, that's okay

Vlad Plasmius said:
I personally think that a mixture of the two is most plausible: Mario was, indeed, born in New York, but was transported to the MK while still an infant. Thus, both theories are plausible.
there are "storks" who brought Mario "passing" Mushroom kingdom
but I don't know if those "storks", or envoys of heaven can go through different dimensions
if they do, this problem is okay

To me, he always lived in the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't really care about conflicting pasts between video games and TV shows based on video games, because they are writen by different people. I'm sure there are lots of other video game series,such as the Sonic series, that have different stories in the media based off them.

I always thought he was born in Mushroom Kingdom, and not in planet Earth.

Epic Nitwit said:
To me, he always lived in the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't really care about conflicting pasts between video games and TV shows based on video games, because they are writen by different people. I'm sure there are lots of other video game series,such as the Sonic series, that have different stories in the media based off them.
Sonic did have many versions, at least in present games Sonic's past is not points
in that series Shadow and Eggman have their stressed past
for Mario series, Rosalina has past, Paper characters and Diamond citizens do know where they wer born
so it's staff to decide who have to tell past and status, and who don't

for Mario, it's still that Yoshi series is ongoing and makes impact

Back