Mario bros' "mysterious" past and status?

Re: Mario's "mysterious" past and status?

Mario started up as a bunch of badly drawn red and brown squares on a screen and evolved into the plumber we play as

Well, really, I think Mario is from another world, in another dimension, because everything in his world would be impossible in ours.

OK I'm going to make a random guess of what happened:

After the stork brought the babies to Yoshi's Island. Yoshi took along time protecting BM (Baby Mario(sorry)) but grew tired and gave them to the stork so they could find a good home. Considering the fact that the Mario TV shows were not made by Nintendo none of that crap happened. The stork being a lazy bird, brought them to the Mushroom Orphanage in the mushroom kingdom where Mario's mother Maria (just created that since Mario's family(other than Luigi) is unknown) adopted him. Then seeing BM as a remarkable baby took him to the royal Highness's hall where he met BP (baby peach) and grew to be great friends with her. Then after a little while BL (baby luigi) was born. And quickly grew strong under the others help. Then BW (Baby wario) tried to steal food from them. Maria, thinking he was a helpless baby adopted him. BM and BW fought and argued until they grew a hatred for each other. BM BL and BW got strong by fighting and grew fighting.
Eventually Mario grew Mid-aged and went to a construction sight where he met Pauline and they fell in love. But DK enraged by his lack of a tail attacked a "Puurritty Laydy". Mario fought back sending DK to the ground where Mario quit being a construction worker because "he needed less adventure" and joined plumbing. And you know what happened next.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were born at the same time in the same bag, making them twins. :P

Through out the games Nintendo states that Luigi is Mario's younger brother. It makes you think if Nintendo actually worked this stuff out huh? :koopa:

YoshiMonsta said:
Considering the fact that the Mario TV shows were not made by Nintendo none of that crap happened.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

The stork being a lazy bird, brought them to the Mushroom Orphanage in the mushroom kingdom where Mario's mother Maria (just created that since Mario's family(other than Luigi) is unknown) adopted him.

Have you played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? It shows at the end that they are brought to a house, with two people, who I think are stated as their parents, finding them.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I always thought he was born in Mushroom Kingdom, and not in planet Earth.
Yes but two game sources Super Mario 64 and Mario Is Missing refer to the Mario Brothers as being from Brooklyn

Yoshi's Island is Coney Island just in the past due to all the dinosaurs.
Time Travel has been realized in the mario series, they just may have not told you that it was in another time period at the beginning of the game

I used to believe Mario & Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, sent to Brooklyn at a very young age and rediscovered the Mushroom Kingdom somehow between Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros.

But now I don't believe there's any real proof they ever lived in Brooklyn. I don't see any of the media mentioning Brooklyn as canon. I'm on the side that: the movie, the shows, the comics, the books and the edutainment games are not canon. I understand there's the side that they are, but I don't support it.

I don't even believe the first Donkey Kong took place in Brookyln, because in the 1994 remake, the area from the original game is in a place called Big-City.

Now, I'm not saying Mario and Co don't travel to Earth. They obviously do in the Mario & Sonic Olympics series. The Earth (?) is also shown in games like Mario Party 7, Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii. (According to this article.)

One could say that the Mushroom World has land masses shaped exactly like the Earth, but one could also laugh at that notion and call it preposterous. I don't see why it's preposterous. What if the Mushroom World is just in a parallel universe, meaning it's simply the Earth of its own dimension?

Epic Nitwit said:
YoshiMonsta said:
Considering the fact that the Mario TV shows were not made by Nintendo none of that crap happened.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

The stork being a lazy bird, brought them to the Mushroom Orphanage in the mushroom kingdom where Mario's mother Maria (just created that since Mario's family(other than Luigi) is unknown) adopted him.

Have you played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? It shows at the end that they are brought to a house, with two people, who I think are stated as their parents, finding them.

You Think :roll:
It was just a guess (but it makes sense through out almost every game)
It never states that they were his parents at first

Mason said:
I used to believe Mario & Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, sent to Brooklyn at a very young age and rediscovered the Mushroom Kingdom somehow between Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros.

But now I don't believe there's any real proof they ever lived in Brooklyn. I don't see any of the media mentioning Brooklyn as canon. I'm on the side that: the movie, the shows, the comics, the books and the edutainment games are not canon. I understand there's the side that they are, but I don't support it.
Like i said earlier they are called visitors from Brooklyn in Super Mario 64 heres the proof
Yoshi Mastar said:
Page 4, paragraph 1:

"According to the visitor from Brooklyn, he had been invited to the castle for a piece of cake, which Peach had just baked."

It's from the pure official Nintendo Player's guide. None of that Brady games/ Prima carp. Also it's for one of the greatest games in history so it's good enough for me.
see he is from Brooklyn according to a Nintendo Players Guide :posh:

Exactly. Besides I believe that the way Mario got to the mushroom kingdom was through a warp pipe in the real world that later.......
got destroyed to make a hotel.

Here's what I beleive:

-Mario & Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom.

-When they were a bit older (after Yoshi's Island) they somehow went to Brooklyn.

-They lived there into they were adults.

-They found their way to the Mushroom Kingdom.

As seen in a episode of the Super Mario Super Show cartoon, a fellow plumber from NY finds a way to get back to Brooklyn (That proves they were in Brooklyn first.) and Mario & Luigi start to go, but they miss Peach and Toad and the other guys, so they don't leave.

Back