Bowser? Not scary?

Knife

Searching for adventure
Retired Wiki Staff
Is it just me or is Bowser not the scary beast I thought he was when I was a kid. I mean I always thought he was evil but lately hes being used for comic relief and isn't that evil.

SMRPG-Bowser is more cocky than scary
PM-Bowser act like a dumbass and has his own personal "Diary".
MLSS-Helps Mario and Luigi find peace and is bested by Cackletta's spirit
PM2-Bowser is always hungry
MLPiT-In this game he actually acts a little serious but not much to note

Notice that most of these are in RPG games.

I's really only serious/scary in SM64 and MK

Those were some of FEW things he does stupidly and un-scarly (if thats even a word)

Agree Spike. Bowser is not scary anymore...

Oh and there is someone called Paper Jorge in PM2?? AWESOME! (I know it's a joke)

Definitely. He's more comic relief to give way to the truly evil villains (i.e. The [mwiki]Shadow Queen[/mwiki])

And yes, I am more evil than you think. >=]

Monty Mole said:
Definitely. He's more comic relief to give way to the truly evil villains (i.e. The [mwiki]Shadow Queen[/mwiki])

He sure is!

WarioLoaf said:
Monty Mole said:

He sure is!

LOL hahahahaha but you don't know that i'm even more :twisted:

Back to topic

Have yall noticed that most antagonist these days are becoming comic releif? What happened to the scary villains that struck fear in our hearts?

[mwiki] Shadow Queen [/mwiki]

[mwiki] Elder Princess Shroob [/mwiki]

They're scary. :|

And the Bowser I grew up with is gone...

But I like it! I hope Bowser becomes a good guy in the series!

I'm serious :|.

Bowser was never THAT scary. Super Mario Bros had him looking retarded. I like him how he is now.

Look at the begining clips of Power Tennis and Toadstool tour, those bad guy comic sceans are great! And Bowser's in 'em along with My Fav.!

I thought what Bowser did during SMB3 was one of his worst acts of evil. He transforms the Mushroom World's king, ruler of Dark Land, and enslaved many Toads (like you)

I thought the worst thing Bowser did was in Paper Mario, purging the world of people's ability to wish, thats like crushing all their hopes and dreams, at once! Plus I thought the Koopalings were the ones who did all that in SMB3.

That's very true.

And have you noticed that more and more evil villains these days are female? Not that that means anything, I'm just saying.

Thats mostly because of the whole gender inequality in video-games thing. As you probably know almost all Mario's villains up until Cackletta were male; the only non-male ones were Wendy and Smithy (he was a robotic being so he doesn't count).

Sir Grodus said:
Thats mostly because of the whole gender inequality in video-games thing. As you probably know almost all Mario's villains up until Cackletta were male; the only non-male ones were Wendy and Smithy (he was a robotic being so he doesn't count).

Well there is a growing number of feminist these days and they are really reaching places even the world of video games!! (Ex: Super Princess Peach)

Spike said:enslaved many Toads (like you)

was that directed at me :?: And your right, that was jerkish of him. But not evil.

Sorry all you Bowser fans but if Bowser ever fought Cackletta or the Shadow Queen, he'd probably lose. In Glitzville he was even easier to beat than Rawk Hawk. Bowser really is only powerful when he uses some kind of cheap gimmick like the Star Rod. Although the Super Mario Sunshine Bowser was one of his better depictions although he shows his soft side. He IS a pushover.

Just gotta point out though, Bowser is physically the most powerful character you can play as in Super Mario RPG.

Spike said:
In Glitzville he was even easier to beat than Rawk Hawk.

In the cutscene when Bowser and Kammy where in Rawk Hawk's exercise room, Rawk Hawk attacked Bowser.

All Bowser did was squish him and he was done, plus Bowser has huge stats when fighting in the Palace of Shadow.

But still not as strong as Sir Grodus (video game character).

Back