Bowser? Not scary?

Nekkid.

Thats my new word

DEMON BOTTLES :shock: :shock: :shock: I have GOT to get a gameshark. Is any Mario villain TRULY evil.

Pretty much any villain aside from Bowser, Wario and Donkey Kong have shown no real redeeming traits.

Hello? Shadow Queen? Smithy? Shroob Princess?

On a side note, I think King Boo is more evil than Bowser (though Bowser could probably beat King Boo).

King boo- Not evil. He didnt kill anybody, All he did was kidnapp...which bowsers done what, 10 times now?
Smithy- Maybe. I havent played the game.
Shadow queen- Oh YEAH I forgot about her.
Shroob princess- See smithy

King boo- Not evil. He didnt kill anybody, All he did was kidnapp...which bowsers done what, 10 times now?
Just because he hasn't killed anyone doesn't mean he's not evil, he's caused chaos both with the Koopa Troop and on his own.

I just think that over the years, he has lost his evilness to give ways to other villains.

Actually Grodus is still on the planet, though hes just a barely functioning head. I guess he was a cyborg.

The big electronic cranium's a dead giveaway.

Maybe that's where all of his circuits are stored.

I woder if he has a maunal override like [mwiki]TEC[/mwiki].

Damn.... I forgot about that, That was one scary scene.

Virtually. If a giant dragon/turtle attacked you in real life, what would you do?

Bowser's still threatening and powerful, but I don't think he was ever meant to be a scary heartless monster. Even from SMB3 onward, he was portrayed as a family man, and even though his kids are as rotten as he is, it shows he does have some better attributes. The RPGs further expanded his hillarious personality, and I like that a lot. Bowser may be a big goof, but he's still totally awesome and evil at the same time.

In my opinion, a villain who's a likeable character is more important than a villain who's frightening.

I agree, save the heartless monster motif for guys like Smithy and the Shadow Queen, Bowser seems to be more of an anti-hero than an all-out villain.

Back