Typical Tragedy

This poll doesn't work.

• Yay?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noooooo.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
And apparently this Alice speaks via wind.

3. The other two will be around ten chapters each.

I know that sounds long, but remember how much chapters of TT so far were introduction and how much were actually plot.

The plot thickens...

Other than a few brief (but informative) glimpses into our antagonists' stories, this chapter is not much but a bridge. Murzon's story is very intriguing, I'll admit.

As for Rudnicki, it seems as though his opinion of your little party is the same as every villain - "They're all just a bunch of chumps."

I hope this new guy Zanza is Dangerously Genre Savvy or otherwise he'll just completely underestimate the heroes and pay for it.

They took the words out of my to, but in addition, at the end, I can easily image that scene.

5/5

I would suggest you guys go back and see where Zanza was mentioned before. In fact, keep in mind his appearance while you do so.

Tome of Compensation has some huge foreshadowing.

I said in the most recent chapter that Michael is his dad. Murzon said it, it's true.

Also, look at the song quote I used when I linked to "Forest".

Don't Fear said:
I said in the most recent chapter that Michael is his dad. Murzon said it, it's true.
Yeah, I know that, but it's not like everything the villain (ambiguous villain) says is true.

Course, you saying it here means it's true, so...

Don't Fear said:
Also, look at the song quote I used when I linked to "Forest".
Am I going to need to re-read everything you've ever said each time you release a new chapter...?

The quote is earlier in this thread.

"Why can't you see that you are my child? Tell everyone in the world that I'm you."

It's basically Michael's message to Tabuu.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and tell you guys what I was foreshadowing-

The nightmare guy- who does he look like?

The scene in "Tome of Compensation" where Tabuu faints and has a vision of looking into a mirror and saying "It looked like me but it wasn't but it wasn't but it wasn't". Basically, it was a flash forward to the first Michael-related dream- when he looked at his reflection in the windows of that black skyscraper.

In addition, Zanza's name is said right before that.

“He's compensating for something.” Smiley cut in.
“Am not!” I shouted. I wasn't an angry shout, just a loud one so people knew that I wasn't compensating in any way for anything, ever.
“I bet he is.” Walkazo whispered to MBV.
“Fuck you.” I shot back, turning to my left and looking nowhere in particular, muttering angry nothings to myself about how Walkazo was a bitch and everybody in the train car was an asshole except for me and that Lord Zanza was returning and-
Wait, what?
For a moment, time stopped and I wasn't sitting in a train being an immature little prick. I was looking into a mirror, staring into my own eyes and realizing that no, that wasn't me in the mirror, it was somebody else that looked like me but it wasn't but it wasn't but it wasn't-

That's why the name Zanza was familiar to many people but they couldn't figure out where they had seen it before. I basically pulled inception- I put that name into your memory without you even being aware with it. By the time he becomes an actual character in the 2nd Michael dream and is referred to by name in Chapter Seventeen, you don't remember enough about him to figure out where you heard it, but you know you did.

Don't Fear said:
The quote is earlier in this thread.
No no I meant am I going to have to keep reading back earlier in this thread and stuff, I got the reference.

Don't Fear said:
Anyways, I'll go ahead and tell you guys what I was foreshadowing-
This is shaping up to be more complicated than Homestuck.

Okay that may be an exaggeration, but still... it's good, but confusing at the same time.

Just means I need to pay more attention, really.

(I doubt Andrew Hussie tries to plant subconscious messages in the readers' psyches, though...)

You got to give me credit there.

I think I did a pretty good job with that foreshadowing. Especially with the whole planting subconscious messages thing- tell me one other UP fic that does that.

mind = blown

You might also be the only writer crazy or genius enough to think of such a radical idea, though.

Of course, there is currently no evidence that supports the psychological effectiveness of subliminal messages...

But hey, kudos for trying.

Actually, you got evidence right here because it worked. Not on everybody who read, but I know that both Doomship and Walkazo were telling me that the name "Zanza" was familiar but they just couldn't put their finger on it.

That's right.

Tabuu has presented subliminal messages in action.

And they worked.

Words fail me. In a good way.

Now I'm going to have to start double-checking everything I read thanks to a heightened sense of paranoia... Hopefully I'll be to lazy to do that, though.

Tabuu, I salute you. Job successful.

...I remember seeing his name there but just thought that it was something that I hadn't been paying attention to earlier and ignored it.

Don't Fear said:
That's why the name Zanza was familiar to many people but they couldn't figure out where they had seen it before. I basically pulled inception- I put that name into your memory without you even being aware with it. By the time he becomes an actual character in the 2nd Michael dream and is referred to by name in Chapter Seventeen, you don't remember enough about him to figure out where you heard it, but you know you did.

Mind = Blown
But I'm sure I heard the name from somewhere before TT. And I guess I'm cool with being a guinea pig for subliminal messages dude. It's not like I have random and occasionally exaggerated paranoia or anything... But the awesome work put into your stories, such as doing thing's no-one has done before pretty much doesn't outweigh the paranoia so much as completely obliterate it. Well done and keep going!

Back