The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

Lord Ghirahim said:
I forgot the best part: I haven't heard even a snatch of Zelda's Lullaby yet, which gives me high hopes.

I may be mistaken, but I think I read that one song in there is going to be Zelda's Lullaby in reverse. Yeah, here's one example: http://i.joystiq.com/2011/05/04/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-swords-music-hides-a-secret-in-pla/.

I'm only referring to them playing it every time Zelda shows up for the first time, which they didn't. It was the

Ballad of the Goddess

Lord Ghirahim said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
The game so far for me has been repetitive. In the Faron Woods, you use your dowsing device to find the Kikwis. At Eldin Volcano, you use the dowsing device to find keys. In the desert place, you use your dowsing device to find these switch thingies. See the pattern?

And the temples are not as creative. They're all one floor and not as complex as the ones from other games. Majora's Mask had great temples. Now those were complex.

Interesting story, though. Ghirahim is hilarious.
You must admit, the Eldin dowsing is about 10x better than the one in Faron Woods... And tbh, I could care less if it is done again if they do it well. As for the other temples, there may be not many floors, but you know, floors do not a great temple make. The Temple of Time from TP is hilariously easy, and it has the record number of floors in the series.
I don't mean the temples are too easy, they're just not interesting. Something about them just feels bland. And I am absolutely sick of dowsing right now. They need to stop making you use it to find things.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it has some flaws.

I agree there in that the temples don't seem as themed as past games, although that is both good and bad, as while OoT pretty much defined the themed temples, later games (mostly WW and TP) didn't really live up to the standards of past themes, so I kinda like the focus on content more than theme. I do agree with the dowsing stopping, just not because it's being used more than once, but because it annoys me. And I do love the dual overworld thing, as the

goddess cubes make it totally better than anything WW ever dreamed of.

All this to say, both of us are being a little nitpicky right now, but I agree with you on most of your points.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that I took as much damage throughout Skyview Temple as I did through the entire Cave of Ordeals, and I took more damage from Ghirahim than I did from the first six bosses of TP, and as much damage as I took from

Zant

in TP.

WW still defeats any Zelda game. Skyward Sword's little 25th anniversary logo was slipped in the intro. AWESHOME.

I can't compare it to WW fully because I haven't played it, but WW is notorious for being too easy as well, and I do know enough to say that Skyward Sword is the first Zelda game since OoT where I care in the slightest whether Zelda is safe or not for her sake, not just because she's the princess. In all honesty, I'd have been more motivated to save Hyrule in TP if Ganondorf had stuck Ilia up there on the pedestal and dared me to defeat him to save her. I don't think WW is much better, but that's just from my knowledge of the character development in the game, and not really from gameplay.

I don't think it has the flaws that annoy me from TP, but it got just as many complaints about difficulty as TP, and so Skyward Sword probably puts WW to shame in that area.

I never saw a problem with Wind Waker's difficulty. It's one of the best games ever.

Anyways, this game is so much better after you beat the third temple. I recently beat the fourth and fifth temple and I would say that they are much, much better than the previous three (although I'd say the first temple wasn't too bad).

Also, the parts of the game where you have to go through the areas without your sword and collect tears (forgot what it was called) are so much fun. I was freaking out in the Eldin Volcano one because I couldn't find the last two tears and those knight things were chasing me.

I love those areas in games where you have to rush away from things.

Like in TP's Palace of Shadows dungeon where you get the thing and the hand chases you, or Cosmic Mario Clones in Galaxy 2 & SM3DL

Yeah, but in SS, being chased by the knights is a lot scarier than Cosmic Mario and that hand. It's especially scary when you can't find the safe zone or any tears.

Anyone beat this game yet? I'm working my way towards the sixth temple.

I have lots of competition for the TV, so I'm going at a much slower pace... I'm midway through the Earth Temple, right after the map, but I enjoy the Temples' styling much better than previous installments.

I beat the sixth temple earlier today...

Ghirahim is the boss, and he acts weirder than ever.

>.< I can't help myself but to look at the spoilers! it's gonna spoil the game for me before it gets here. T.T

Fawfulfury65 said:
I beat the sixth temple earlier today...

Ghirahim is the boss, and he acts weirder than ever.
And he can stell your Sword again.

I think I'm almost done with this game. I'm on the seventh temple... 31 hours of playtime so far.

I also just realized that I played Skyward Sword for eight and a half hours so far today (according to the Wii Message Board). I didn't think I was playing it that much. :eek:

PokemonMaster said:
I saw my brother play it. Impa is in there. :O
Did your brother beat it yet? I just really wonder if that game actually takes at least 40 hours to beat.

He's in the Fire Temple, I think. Yesterday he played for about 9 hours. He has like 13 hearts now.

Back