The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

>_> way to rub it in.

Mine should be here in between now and 11 Days

I forgot the best part: I haven't heard even a snatch of Zelda's Lullaby yet, which gives me high hopes.

Lily said:
Bop1996 said:
I forgot the best part: I haven't heard even a snatch of Zelda's Lullaby yet, which gives me high hopes.
why? That tune is lovley.
Because I'm tired of hearing it every time Zelda appears for the first time.

Lily said:
And I welcome freedom from the bondage of OoT's styling whenever possible, as awesome as OoT is.

Has that theme from the trailer been used in the game?

Mario4Ever said:
Has that theme from the trailer been used in the game?
Not as of just past the first temple.

Ok, since if and when you do, you won't be free anymore.

For the past two days, I've been playing this game almost nonstop (excluding times when I'm sleeping, eating, or going to school). It's lot of fun, but I must say it has some obvious flaws. I'm at the third temple right now, and I can tell the music for it will be stuck in my head for a long time.

Fawfulfury65 said:
For the past two days, I've been playing this game almost nonstop (excluding times when I'm sleeping, eating, or going to school). It's lot of fun, but I must say it has some obvious flaws. I'm at the third temple right now, and I can tell the music for it will be stuck in my head for a long time.

Flaws?! *GASP*

Everyone knows the only absolutely perfect game ever made was Portal.

Ned Kelly said:
Everyone knows the only absolutely perfect game ever made was Portal.

I think Valve would disagree and say the sequel's better.

It was still a great game. Had its flaws in there. Cant exactly put my finger on what they are but it had flaws.

Mario4Ever said:
I think Valve would disagree and say the sequel's better.
The employees at Valve are known trolls and thus their statements and opinions cannot be trusted.

The only obvious flaw I've seen so far is overuse of dowsing. I practically gasped for air when Fi told me dowsing wouldn't work in the temple... I don't quite see the characters as real as MM (as if that'd ever happen in 50 years), but the gameplay leaves OoT's style in the dust pretty much. In short, if Nintendo decides to go back to the OoT style of control in Zelda WiiU, I'm not sure if I'd buy it, and I'm serious about that.

Bop1996 said:
The only obvious flaw I've seen so far is overuse of dowsing. I practically gasped for air when Fi told me dowsing wouldn't work in the temple... I don't quite see the characters as real as MM (as if that'd ever happen in 50 years), but the gameplay leaves OoT's style in the dust pretty much. In short, if Nintendo decides to go back to the OoT style of control in Zelda WiiU, I'm not sure if I'd buy it, and I'm serious about that.

I just watched a review, and from what I've seen, I can't imagine any future Zelda game going back to the OoT formula and selling well.

I must say, it is very refreshing to walk up to a simple enemy like a Bokoblin and actually have to think about how to swing at all.

The game so far for me has been repetitive. In the Faron Woods, you use your dowsing device to find the Kikwis. At Eldin Volcano, you use the dowsing device to find keys. In the desert place, you use your dowsing device to find these switch thingies. See the pattern?

And the temples are not as creative. They're all one floor and not as complex as the ones from other games. Majora's Mask had great temples. Now those were complex.

Interesting story, though. Ghirahim is hilarious.

Fawfulfury65 said:
The game so far for me has been repetitive. In the Faron Woods, you use your dowsing device to find the Kikwis. At Eldin Volcano, you use the dowsing device to find keys. In the desert place, you use your dowsing device to find these switch thingies. See the pattern?

And the temples are not as creative. They're all one floor and not as complex as the ones from other games. Majora's Mask had great temples. Now those were complex.

Interesting story, though. Ghirahim is hilarious.
You must admit, the Eldin dowsing is about 10x better than the one in Faron Woods... And tbh, I could care less if it is done again if they do it well. As for the other temples, there may be not many floors, but you know, floors do not a great temple make. The Temple of Time from TP is hilariously easy, and it has the record number of floors in the series.

Back