Which Pokeball Do You Use To Catch Legendaries?

Which Pokeball Do You Mostly Use To Catch Legendaries?

• Timer Ball

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Great Ball

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ultra Ball

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Dusk Ball

• Master Ball

• Quick Ball

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pokeball

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pandapowah

King Bowser
So which Pokeball do you usually use to catch legendaries. I only put Pokeballs that are useful on catching legendaries except the Pokeball.

I always use the Dusk Ball and I always try catch them at night time but I used to use the Ultra Balls.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I mainly use Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. But in White, I captured my Legendary with 3 Pokeballs (sorry, don't know the name, I'm not too familiar with Gen V). And in my original HeartGold file, I captured Zapdos with a Net Ball.

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Timer since most battles take a long time Timer balls work the best

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Dusk Balls are the best.

I mean seriously you get a 3.5x catch rate and all you have to do is wait until night. Ultra Balls only get you 2x catch rate.

Lily x

Goodbye
Ussually Ultra, but I have a bad habit of throwing random pokeballs and hoping for the best, it works, i caught my Virizion with a heal ball and my Kyrem with a repeat ball when Ultra balls and Great balls failed.

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
I used to use the masterball when I was younger; however, nowadays I use the regular Pokeball. And it actually works as well! I seem to oddly have better chances of capturing a legendary with regular Pokeballs as opposed to Great or even Ultra balls.

Pyro

Power Star
Link said:
I save masterballs for annoying roaming ledgendaries
Excatly what I did with Tornadus.

I usually use a Quick Ball and then go to Dusk Balls if it's nighttime. Otherwise I turn to Ultra Balls. Every once in a while I throw a Timer Ball when I get bored. Sometimes I stray from normal strategies, like when i caught Landorus with a Luxury Ball.

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Link said:
I save masterballs for annoying roaming ledgendaries, but I have 900 pokeballs on black :(.
I never use my Masterball just in case the other legendaries I encounter are shiny. If none are then I save it for the next game or I never use it at all.

schmutz

welcome to the hotel waluigi
Dusk Balls or Ultra Balls. I usually use my Master Ball in each game for a roaming legendary. Also Timer Balls for the REALLY hard-to-catch legendaries.

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
I only used my Master Ball on Thundurus because I was SRing to get one with Hidden Power Ice and a Modest/Timid nature.

Otherwise I'm fine with catching the roaming legendaries, it's actually fun to me. Especially since Gen V gives you the rain so you don't have to check your Pokedex each time you enter a route.

Paper Yoshi

Jonny Boy
Quick Balls, then Ultra and/or Dusk Balls. I caught Cresselia with a Luxury Ball in Platinum, though.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Dive or Cherish Ball

Ultra Ball, without using cheat codes

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
To be specific i use a mix of all the Pokeballs than when that fails i yell god damn it and i repeat the cycle...god i hate the Regis

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
It does depend on the legendary Pokemon that I'm dealing with. Sadly, I do end up using my Master Ball on the uber ranked legendaries. I have major problems with the roaming legendaries though, since their natures and IVs are set, even before you meet them; you're screwed if they don't have the right nature, and their IVs are too low.

Pandapowah

King Bowser
Yeah, I was planning to EV train my Thundurus unfortunately it's nature decreases it's Special Attack.

Paper Mario the First

He is the one and only....
I use Dusk Balls mostly, because most legendaries are in caves. I also like their cool effect.

Otherwise, Ultra Balls are what I use.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
I LOL'd at the Articuno and Zapdos one. He took, like, only 3 Ultra Balls to catch Articuno and A POKE BALL to catch Zapdos :D