Which Pokeball Do You Use To Catch Legendaries?

Which Pokeball Do You Mostly Use To Catch Legendaries?

• Timer Ball

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Great Ball

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ultra Ball

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Dusk Ball

• Master Ball

• Quick Ball

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pokeball

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just use whatever's in my bag. I have no way of knowing which one will work.

I'll use Ultra Balls for the vast majority of them. I generally use the Master Ball on the game's mascot, since I never feel like battling them. Before anyone asks, I don't have Black/White. IMO, there are too many games and pokemon now.

I used to be a bit of an idiot and use master balls on every legendary. These are the legendaries I have caught in order:
Dialga (Diamond)-Master Ball (Then I realise it has the catch rate of a Chatot. THEN I REALIZE.)
Azelf (Diamond)-Dusk Ball
Zekrom(White)-Master Ball
Giratina(Platinum)-Master Ball
Uxie (Platinum)-Dusk Ball
Azelf(Platinum)-Ultra Ball
Ho-Oh(HeartGold)-Master Ball (I had no other balls left.... :( )
I forget which Ball I cought Thundurus with.

Yeah some legendaries have higher than normal catch rates, but if you want to have one with the right nature, and good IVs for the right stats, you pretty much need to use that Master Ball. It's a shame that legendaries can't be bred though.

wildestScribest said:
Is it true that ceratain pokemon can make a masterball fail.

From what I've gathered, the Marowak ghost in FireRed/LeafGreen can't be captured at all. Additionally, the ghosts can't be captured, unless you can identify them.

My brother said that Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and Victini's catch rate is so low even a masterball may fail.

wildestScribest said:
My brother said that Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and Victini's catch rate is so low even a masterball may fail.

A catch rate of 3 is very low, but not impossible. The Master Ball ensures that all catches are successful, but again, the things that I've stated earlier are the main exceptions.

WakerLuma said:
I used to be a bit of an idiot and use master balls on every legendary. These are the legendaries I have caught in order:
Dialga (Diamond)-Master Ball (Then I realise it has the catch rate of a Chatot. THEN I REALIZE.)
Azelf (Diamond)-Dusk Ball
Zekrom(White)-Master Ball
Giratina(Platinum)-Master Ball
Uxie (Platinum)-Dusk Ball
Azelf(Platinum)-Ultra Ball
Ho-Oh(HeartGold)-Master Ball (I had no other balls left.... :( )
I forget which Ball I cought Thundurus with.

Can't you check?

The Masterball won't fail to catch these or any other Pokemon. It has a success rate of 100%, and will surely never fail (except with the Ghost Marowak [Cubone's mother] from the original Pokemon games like MnSG said earlier).

As for Victini, my sister and I just spammed Pokeballs and Great Balls at it, and eventually it got caught with a great ball.

MnSG said:
wildestScribest said:
Is it true that ceratain pokemon can make a masterball fail.

From what I've gathered, the Marowak ghost in FireRed/LeafGreen can't be captured at all. Additionally, the ghosts can't be captured, unless you can identify them.

I don't think you can capture it in the original versions, either, which makes sense from a story perspective.

8) I only use premier balls. Only the best for My Legendaries. 8)

Actually i usually use everything i have at my disposal than i get frustrated shut the game off and try again

In Pokemon White, I managed to catch a legendary after 5 Dusk Balls :D The other took 30 D:

My friend got two legendaries in less than 10 Dusk Balls. Lucky prick. The first one was 3 D. Balls and the second was 5.

I haven't played it in like, A Year or something so I don't remember exactly. But If there are new Pokeballs, I didnt find them.

Back