Goomba and Paragoomba

Should they be playable in Mario Kart 7?

• Both

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Only Goomba

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Only Paragoomba

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Neither one

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
Should both Goomba and Paragoomba get in? And if you say "They can't drive a car", they were playable in Mario Baseball.

Hm they sadly don't have hands and would be too small for a car.

Young Link said:
Hm they sadly don't have hands and would be too small for a car.
They don't have hands but they are good at pitching. Also King Boo doesn't have legs but it can drive

You think the Goombas would be odd as racers, in Crash Team Racing, Ripper Roo is a playable racer, even though he can't use his arms.

MnSG said:
You think the Goombas would be odd as racers, In Crash Team Racing, Ripper Roo is a playable racer, even though he can't use his arms.
I love Ripper Roo he's a genius

I would love to see Goomba playable, but it would cause some problems.

First, in some of the retro courses, Goombas are seen as obstacles. Unless they are replaced by some other enemy, it would be weird to see Goomba being damaged by Goomba. Second, as you have already said, they don't have arms. King Boo at least could ride a bike, or push the pedals with his tounge.

Vlad Plasmius said:

First, in some of the retro courses, Goombas are seen as obstacles. Unless they are replaced by some other enemy, it would be weird to see Goomba being damaged by Goomba. Second, as you have already said, they don't have arms. King Boo at least could ride a bike, or push the pedals with his tounge.
King Boo doesn't touch the pedals with his tongue. Course, when he's driving a bike, he doesn't need to.

And about legs, Lakitu doesn't have any (or at least visible) and yet he got in so why not Goombas?

I rather have other characters than another generic enemy being playable.

Although Goomba is a novelty addition, I'd save him for larger rosters, like in Superstar Baseball

Vlad Plasmius said:

Like I've revealed earlier, the no arms thing is a moot point. If Ripper Roo can be a racer in Crash Team Racing, it should be no different for a Goomba in Mario Kart.

I thought I saw his legs in Mario Kart 7

Hmm.

Well even though I'm a Lakitu fan it makes me wonder why they would put Koopa Troopa and a cloudless Lakitu in the same game, they're practically the same thing.

The only difference is the glasses.

That makes Paratroopa's inclusion even harder.

Lakitu is more different than Dry Bones is to Koopa Troopa. Lakitu has a different face, different colored shell, goggles, and possibly a different voice. Besides, he has been a Mario Kart staple. I was excited to see him finally in the game for once

Actually I would argue that Dry Bones is much less similar than Lakitu to Koopa, after all he's the closest thing the Marioverse has to a zombie. He also has the unique laugh and he always makes clattering sounds when he walks.

Lakitu just has glasses and voice. His face would be the same if he didn't have glasses and hair and Koopas have different colored shells too.

Still Lakitu in the game is awesome.

Actually, :lakitu: has a different shaped face than :koopa:. Lakitu has a more human-like face with that little piece of hair while Koopa Troopa has a beak and bulging eyes, similar to Yoshi's face.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually, :lakitu: has a different shaped face than :koopa:. Lakitu has a more human-like face with that little piece of hair while Koopa Troopa has a beak and bulging eyes, similar to Yoshi's face.
Well there both turtles... ah :lakitu: magic cloud rising turtles that some how learned to drive cars

Bump.

Mr. W said:
But if Lakitu is busy driving than being a ref and camera guy, who will take his job? :???:
It isn't the same Lakitu as the referee. If you notice, you'll see that his shell is red.

Back