Minecraft

Bulbasaur said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
what is redpower anyway

a mod that makes redstone easier to use and lets you build large automations

i built this and this with it

its sort of the same idea as buildcraft or industrialcraft, but i like redpower better because you can actually build your own machines out of blocks instead of just crafting a specific set of machines designed by the mod creator

Heh, nice to see my awesome randomly-teleporting doggy made a cameo! Man, those stairs are so, so deudly. I died so many times on them. :(

you only ever warned me about the elevator. also, it looks like you have no waypoints or minimap. iirc, the last thing i was doing was waypointing everywhere. pretty sure i've got all the pre-redpower stuff marked:
7RCC9.png

i felt that warning you about stairs was a bit overdone, dog

i never installed the minimaps because idk why. lazy, i guess

So It's this server I play on a lot, and I had diamonds and emeralds and many other ores in stacks in my chests, everything was good and nothing bad was happening. Then, I go on vacation for only 2 days and everything I had was reclaimed somehow and all I saw was this guy rebuilding my house. I have no idea what happened, but I bet it's something to do with my faction leader. Once i ran around the faction house looking and trying to get in my locked chests, he started attacking me with his diamond sword. (Doesn't do that much damage because I had diamond armor.) Then i flew out of the underground base and fled to the water and quit. Well I guess everything gets chaotic when I'm not around to teach the leader to do his job.

Sunscreen said:
So It's this server I play on a lot, and I had diamonds and emeralds and many other ores in stacks in my chests, everything was good and nothing bad was happening. Then, I go on vacation for only 2 days and everything I had was reclaimed somehow and all I saw was this guy rebuilding my house. I have no idea what happened, but I bet it's something to do with my faction leader. Once i ran around the faction house looking and trying to get in my locked chests, he started attacking me with his diamond sword. (Doesn't do that much damage because I had diamond armor.) Then i flew out of the underground base and fled to the water and quit. Well I guess everything gets chaotic when I'm not around to teach the leader to do his job.

Or griefers. Those are things.

They weren't griefers, they were making it there own hide out.

Now that wouldn't be possible if the faction leader didn't do whatever he did when I wasn't gone. I'm not even sure what he's doing in his mind.

Never played it with others, er, ever. :P I would like to though...

Anyway, great game. I like making things out of wool, it's just fun in a way for me.

Sunscreen said:
They weren't griefers, they were making it there own hide out.

Now that wouldn't be possible if the faction leader didn't do whatever he did when I wasn't gone. I'm not even sure what he's doing in his mind.
That sucks :(

I might start building something like Bowser's Castle

without lava for safety non-everything on fire reasons

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
what, are you making bowsers castle out of wood?
Nah I'm sticking in wooden things like the doors and that giant gate at the front

Sunscreen said:
Cobblestone can't catch on fire, and cobble probably would be the best choice for Bowser's castle.
I'm using Stone Bricks

You can use iron doors and cobblestone walls ya know. Do wood doors even burn down? But anyway, stone bricks would be good also. When you're done be sure to show us.

Sunscreen said:
You can use iron doors and cobblestone walls ya know. Do wood doors even burn down? But anyway, stone bricks would be good also. When you're done be sure to show us.
In Mario the doors are wooden
I meant the lava might burn the giant wooden garage thing at the front

Sunscreen said:
That's the best Minecraft video ever. I must download that mod.

The mod isn't on 1.4.2 yet. Did you have to downgrade to use that?

hey its out for 1.4.6 now

http://www.eloraam.com/download-redpower/

installing it usually proves to be hellish, but it looks like she may have found a way to simplify it this time (yay)

Bulbasaur said:
Sunscreen said:
That's the best Minecraft video ever. I must download that mod.

The mod isn't on 1.4.2 yet. Did you have to downgrade to use that?

hey its out for 1.4.6 now

http://www.eloraam.com/download-redpower/

installing it usually proves to be hellish, but it looks like she may have found a way to simplify it this time (yay)

Looks like we'll be able to go back to having shenanigans on the server soon then. But first I'll need the other mods we used and install Forge and ModLoader. -_-'

Arcanine said:
you only ever warned me about the elevator. also, it looks like you have no waypoints or minimap. iirc, the last thing i was doing was waypointing everywhere. pretty sure i've got all the pre-redpower stuff marked:
7RCC9.png

I hope you didn't put too much effort into that, because those waypoints are bound to the server's IP and will reset as soon as the IP changes. I pretty much did the same thing a long time ago and had all my waypoints vanish on me shortly after.

On an unrelated note: I used to be the server's designated builder, but I have recently been surpassed by 2257, who is now the master tech guy AND builder. I feel so insignificant. :'(

Charmander said:
Arcanine said:
7RCC9.png

I hope you didn't put too much effort into that, because those waypoints are bound to the server's IP and will reset as soon as the IP changes. I pretty much did the same thing a long time ago and had all my waypoints vanish on me shortly after.

On an unrelated note: I used to be the server's designated builder, but I have recently been surpassed by 2257, who is now the master tech guy AND builder. I feel so insignificant. :'(

I figured they'd reset. Also, I was more redundant, being the guy who just hugs creepers and occasionally builds something or destroys something accidentally. :-\

You've built that crazy floating island complex and that hub area. Since you can apparently do that, it means I am not needed anymore. :'(

You're the master builder and tech guy, RUAI is the master exploding person, and Marowak is the master lagger and never there guy. I must find a new profession to excel in, or I shall forever be known as the average guy with no outstanding qualities. That would be a terrible fate!

i think youve actually still built more stuff than me, but ok

its probably not so bad to meet with a terrible fate,⁠ though. i like deku scrubs

Floating island complex? Hub? When's all this been going on? And I'm fairly certain being a 'master exploding person' is more of a liability seeing as it has lead to the ruination of several things, such as that incinerator.

its pretty much been going on this whole time, you just werent there

Arcanine said:
Floating island complex? Hub? When's all this been going on? And I'm fairly certain being a 'master exploding person' is more of a liability seeing as it has lead to the ruination of several things, such as that incinerator.

Don't worry, I've been in the dark about it too.

Oh, yeah, you can remove the mobs' ability to destroy blocks now (except for Ghasts I think). Creepers still explode, but they won't take their surroundings with them anymore. That's a good thing, since it will severely reduce the number of potential heart attacks by spotting a creeper crawling around in an area full of complex machinery.

So yeah, this pretty much means you can hug creepers and explode at your heart's content now.

Charmander said:
Arcanine said:

Don't worry, I've been in the dark about it too.

Oh, yeah, you can remove the mobs' ability to destroy blocks now (except for Ghasts I think). Creepers still explode, but they won't take their surroundings with them anymore. That's a good thing, since it will severely reduce the number of potential heart attacks by spotting a creeper crawling around in an area full of complex machinery.

So yeah, this pretty much means you can hug creepers and explode at your heart's content now.

NOWAI. OMFP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!1!!!!!!!!!!! AND ENDERDUELS ARE BACK THEN, TOO!!! THIS IS ALL THE EXCITEMENT. ALL OF IT.

Back