• DKCR

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • NSMBWii

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
I'm totally ok with Wiimote on the side in New Super Mario Bros. Wii

MnSG said:
Glowsquid said:
Why Nintendo doesn't support the Classic controller in any of their retail release, I have /no/ idea.

Probably because Nintendo wants to focus more on motion-sensing controls, along with that Nunchuk attachment.
A bit of Wii heresy; just because it's on the Wii doesn't mean it has to use motion controls. They make sense in, say, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. They work great and feel natural. DKCR, not so much. An option to use the Classic or GCN controllers would've been nice.

My sister used the Wiimote plus Nunchuk and she's fine too

I use Sideways for both games. Just feel more conformable with it.

'3K said:
A bit of Wii heresy; just because it's on the Wii doesn't mean it has to use motion controls. They make sense in, say, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. They work great and feel natural. DKCR, not so much. An option to use the Classic or GCN controllers would've been nice.

I guess shaking the Wii Remote to do hand slaps just doesn't cut it in the end. Oddly, DKCR doesn't play way too differently from NSMB Wii, since they both use the exact same control schemes.

Fawfulfury65 said:
NSMBW is fun, but DKCR is much better, even though it's only for two players.
I think DKCR would be too complex to show for players at once.

I had great fun from both games, but I think Donkey Kong Country Returns is the superior game. It brought greater challenges and had a nice flow, as well as great level designs and music.

I am not too sure about the multiplayer experiences in both games. I had a hard time concentrating when playing DKCR with someone else and I haven't played NSMBW with anybody.

Nabber said:
DKCR isn't a good multiplayer game.

It doesn't help when players 1 and 2 are using the same life balloons. At least in NSMB Wii, all players are given their own supply of lives.

MnSG said:
It doesn't help when players 1 and 2 are using the same life balloons.
This is especially true when you're playing with a newbie who can't stay alive for more than 10 seconds. I like to keep my 99 lives, but that doesn't ever work when my neighbors play. X_x

In regards to both players drawing from the same pool of lives, it is not like extra balloons aren't ubiquitous in this game...

Yoshidude99 said:
MnSG said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I have never played it in multplayer

Me neither, seeing as I'm pretty much the only person in my home who plays video games.
Yeah me too I only really play MKWii and Buzz jr Monstor Rumble with my sister.
Monstor Rumble is fun with others but would get boring on your own and Party games and easier to play with others. Party games are aimed for more than two player, most plaffromers and RPG's are for one but both of these are made so they are aimed both playing on your own and playing with others and you could always play with a friend.

Yoshiwalker said:
A lot of the levels in DKCR are really bad for multiplayer (like the ones with crumbling ground)
is that your opinion, irrespective of the skill of the players involved?

Yes.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be easier to just have Diddy hop on Donkey's back at those parts, but it's more fun to run around by yourself as Diddy.

Well, yeah, during these problematic areas you mentioned, the Dids player getting on DK's back is always an option.

Back