MnSG said:
Website character type color codes...

Green: All-Around
Pink: Technique
Blue: Speedy
Red: Power
Yellow: Tricky
Orange: Defense

So Baby Mario is Speedy, Baby Peach is Tricky, Luma is Technique, and Dry Bowser is Defense.

manasword said:
They've revealed weird characters.
Where're Rosalina, Petey Piranha, Dry Bones?

Not in the game. Don't get so shitty over it, their not going to be in every single game because you want them too.

Smugleaf said:
So Baby Mario is Speedy, Baby Peach is Tricky, Luma is Technique, and Dry Bowser is Defense.

Why Baby Peach is classified as a Tricky-type is beyond me. You'd think that she'd be a Technique-type, while Luma is the Tricky-type.

MnSG said:
Smugleaf said:

Why Baby Peach is classified as a Tricky-type is beyond me. You'd think that she'd be a Technique-type, while Luma is the Tricky-type.

Yeah they do seem to be kind of switched around. But I don't think it'll detract from the experience.

Propeller Toad said:
Smugleaf said:
One of the QR code unlockables is Blue Yoshi.

Oh, and they've revealed Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Luma, and Dry Bowser on the characters page.

I'm getting the feeling that we're getting a bit too overexcited over the QR characters if one of them has already been confirmed as an alternate colouration. :toad: :(

Maybe that's what they want us to think.

The page URL is "color", so maybe that page is just for alternate color QR characters?

What I can't understand, and really, I can't understand WHY in the world they won't include Rosalina in those games anymore. It makes me freaking mad. She's my favorite character and never gets to appear in games aside from Mario Kart. She would have been PERFECT for this game and they left her out. That's bullshit. I'm fucking angry at Nintendo.

New Super Mario said:
Smugleaf said:
One of the QR code unlockables is Blue Yoshi.

Oh, and they've revealed Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Luma, and Dry Bowser on the characters page.
I don't want no dumb recolor!

ESPECIALLY A RECOLOR OF YOSHI

(I still have hope for Baby Luigi)

UltraMario said:
Now if only Baby Mario's racket had a lowercase m...

It doesn't. It's just a flower around a capital M

I like the lowercase m more but I'm not going to complain any more over this 1st world problem.

FMGBASKFH said:
What I can't understand, and really, I can't understand WHY in the world they won't include Rosalina in those games anymore. It makes me freaking mad. She's my favorite character and never gets to appear in games aside from Mario Kart. She would have been PERFECT for this game and they left her out. That's *bleep*. I'm *bleep*ing angry at Nintendo.

Relax, it's possible she could be QR code unlockable; the whole roster isn't revealed yet. Besides, you're lucky she got in Mario Kart 7. My top two favorite characters have not made an appearance since Super Sluggers.

Still, you'd think that Luma would be a Tricky-type character. After all, I don't recall Peach making powerful curves with her shots.

MnSG said:
Still, you'd think that Luma would be a Tricky-type character. After all, I don't recall Peach making powerful curves with her shots.

Baby Peach has a powerful curve in Super Sluggers

Nope they don't. There are chance shots instead

Dang it, that's what I liked most about the Gamecube version. Other than the trophy cutscenes and the bloopers during the credits. I hope the cutscenes return and Nintendo should consider making bloopers for their games more often.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

But why her infant form?! It just doesn't seem right if you asked me.

Joey Wheeler said:
Dang it, that's what I liked most about the Gamecube version. Other than the trophy cutscenes and the bloopers during the credits. I hope the cutscenes return and Nintendo should consider making bloopers for their games more often.

In terms of the bloopers, they should probably be restricted so that they only involve Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Bowser.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

But why her infant form?! It just doesn't seem right if you asked me.

I guess they wanted Baby Peach different from Peach

Rosalina's voice actress isn't in the credits, but Hitomi Hirose (the voice actress of Captain Syrup and Queen Merelda in Wario Land: Shake It) is.

I hope this game's online works well (I never really got to play with others with the other games, and I only have one controller with which to play N64 VC games).

Sorry if I sound rude, but to those people ranting about they're favourite character not being in. Shut the fuck up, your annoying and your just like a kid who didn't get a toy and cried until he got it. But crying wont work here.

Anyway, I like the idea of QR costumes, better than nothing, and I like costumes in games, lets you choose our own version of the one character.

Back