Post your sprites here!

So you decided to change your name....why have there been no admins lately! I can't change my name!

Your welcome, Tubba. =)

Oh wait, your Forum name is crystalking! =O

=P

Update:

:evilgrin: Let's see you criticize it now!

MC will hopefully be making back poses. Who gives a censored over being not M&L styled, which is probably why they look weird to you too. They're not short and their noses are a normal size. That's why they look "Weird".

Sprites, along with backgrounds, are the things that build up Video Game graphics.

mario.png

This is an example of a Mario sprite. It shows us where Mario is standing and what he is doing on the screen. Of course, you cannot get through a game with just this pose. This is where sprite sheets come in.

ml.png

Now you can play a video game with running, jumping and many more actions.

Some people use sprites to make comics, animations or fangames. Of course, they don't get these sprites from nowhere. They rip (To take them out of the game and put them all on one big picture, like above) the sprites, or find them online.

Here's one of the examples:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/

Now you may find sprite sheets with stuff that says something like: "Ripped by *Insert Name Here*. Give credit if used. Now people don't rip these sprites in just a few minutes. It takes them long and painful hours of work. That's why it's best to give them credit. Over at Super Mario Wiki, people usually edit sprite sheets in Microsoft Paint or something, or create them from scratch, to make sprites of a character that represents themselves. These too can be used in Comics and Games. If you're having trouble editing sprites, you could ask another user to help you. Have fun!

And CK, don't argue with the over-sized laser cannon.

You can decide what you look like. I'll help you get them. What do you want to look like?

yoshster said:
okay i got a new sheet
ssheet10.png

Those are much better but give credit to Pokemon DP for the whirlwind because that is part of my sprite sheet =P.

Super Yoshi10 said:
yoshster said:
okay i got a new sheet
ssheet10.png

Those are much better but give credit to Pokemon DP for the whirlwind because that is part of my sprite sheet =P.

Oh okay i'll get right on adding the credits

I also remade the comic
aLPHOID.png

Mr.L-emental said:
If I get sprites they would be Mr.L, but somthing added that is like elemental.
I'll check if theres any Mr.L sprites on the spriters resource.

Edit: Found some http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?sess=0d182637495c0233c2a44a4b8258d7b6&act=resdb&param=03&c=1&id=12186

Super Yoshi10 said:
Mr.L-emental said:
If I get sprites they would be Mr.L, but somthing added that is like elemental.
I'll check if theres any Mr.L sprites on the spriters resource.

There are.

A former MarioWiki user made them.

However, Master Crash (another user) is currently using Mr. L sprites. You'll have to get another idea.

How about an elemental Yoshi with a mask? :P

3D I posted a link

3Dejong said:
Pokemon DP said:
I'd say Alyson is the best spriter on the Wiki! If you don't agree, you need to be killed! (that means you too, Alyson! >_>) I am not really that good at spriting. =| Uniju is better than me. <_< I suck at character edits and such, but I am REALLY good at M&L Backgrounds. At least, in my honest opinion. =|

She's up there with Knife.

MC isn't that good.

MC IS A GREAT SPRITER :evil:

The greatest spriters on the wiki are MC, Princess Alyson Koopastool, and Knife

Dry Bones said:
3Dejong said:
Pokemon DP said:
I'd say Alyson is the best spriter on the Wiki! If you don't agree, you need to be killed! (that means you too, Alyson! >_>) I am not really that good at spriting. =| Uniju is better than me. <_< I suck at character edits and such, but I am REALLY good at M&L Backgrounds. At least, in my honest opinion. =|

She's up there with Knife.

MC isn't that good.

MC IS A GREAT SPRITER :evil:

The greatest spriters on the wiki are MC, Princess Alyson Koopastool, and Knife
I'm agreeing with DB.

Back