Educational games

Whats your opinion on educational games marketed towards kids

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daniel Dyce

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Something i wondered about what do people think of educational games say why you feel the way you do in a post.

Ye mean typing tutors, glorified calculators and other such games? Not a big fan of them, but I've enjoyed plenty of games with educational themes to it; Assassin's Creed, being an alternate history game, is the first example that comes to mind.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Ye mean typing tutors, glorified calculators and other such games? Not a big fan of them, but I've enjoyed plenty of games with educational themes to it; Assassin's Creed, being an alternate history game, is the first example that comes to mind.
I mean the games that are marketed towards kids

Extra Credits had a decent video about how to make educational games not awful but all their videos appear to have disappeared.

Some of them are fun, actually, and sometimes I do learn from them.

I might create one in the future, as Free-X is going to take some requests as well.

They are fun and Good for kids but for us, we don't need them.

Education games are bad, genrelly, I only like puzzle games like Zelda or Professor Layton and they are not really educatinal, educatinal games are ok for younger children but if your my age then their is no need.

Paper Bowser said:
I have Buzz the School Quiz and it is ok. I haven't played and probably never will play any others.
Well it's not Mario Learning Years.

To an extent, video games do have some educational value to them. Some games can help with problem solving, eye-hand coordination, even patience.

Percy said:
Educational games huh?

NO
Let me ask you how old are you or more specifically are you older than lets say 7

Well, its the same case with girls games, girls games are ussually pretty bad and too easy and somtimes just plain stupid, but the greatest Girl targeted game will always be :
interview_teaser_style_boutique_en.png

tentacleTherapist said:
Well, its the same case with girls games, girls games are ussually pretty bad and too easy and somtimes just plain stupid, but the greatest Girl targeted game will always be :
interview_teaser_style_boutique_en.png
My sister loves that game.

Back