Educational games

Whats your opinion on educational games marketed towards kids

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Something i wondered about what do people think of educational games say why you feel the way you do in a post.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Ye mean typing tutors, glorified calculators and other such games? Not a big fan of them, but I've enjoyed plenty of games with educational themes to it; Assassin's Creed, being an alternate history game, is the first example that comes to mind.

Raven Effect

Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Ye mean typing tutors, glorified calculators and other such games? Not a big fan of them, but I've enjoyed plenty of games with educational themes to it; Assassin's Creed, being an alternate history game, is the first example that comes to mind.
I mean the games that are marketed towards kids

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Extra Credits had a decent video about how to make educational games not awful but all their videos appear to have disappeared.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Some of them are fun, actually, and sometimes I do learn from them.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
I might create one in the future, as Free-X is going to take some requests as well.

NSY

Celestial Guide
They are fun and Good for kids but for us, we don't need them.

Lily x

Goodbye
Education games are bad, genrelly, I only like puzzle games like Zelda or Professor Layton and they are not really educatinal, educatinal games are ok for younger children but if your my age then their is no need.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Paper Bowser said:
I have Buzz the School Quiz and it is ok. I haven't played and probably never will play any others.
Well it's not Mario Learning Years.

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
To an extent, video games do have some educational value to them. Some games can help with problem solving, eye-hand coordination, even patience.

Raven Effect

Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Percy said:
Educational games huh?

NO
Let me ask you how old are you or more specifically are you older than lets say 7

Lily x

Goodbye
Well, its the same case with girls games, girls games are ussually pretty bad and too easy and somtimes just plain stupid, but the greatest Girl targeted game will always be :

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
tentacleTherapist said:
Well, its the same case with girls games, girls games are ussually pretty bad and too easy and somtimes just plain stupid, but the greatest Girl targeted game will always be :
My sister loves that game.