The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

So I'm finally gonna get around to watching Kill LA Kill like I said I would. Anything I should know before diving into this pool?

Magikrazy said:
So I'm finally gonna get around to watching Kill LA Kill like I said I would. Anything I should know before diving into this pool?
mako best girl

Magikrazy said:

prepare for glowing nipples

Hana said:
Magikrazy said:

prepare for glowing nipples

instantly thought of zero

Just back from watching the original Patlabor OVAs.

The first movie was my first exposure to the franchise, and while, a lot of the subtleties in the character's relations went over my head. Watching the ovas allowed me to better understand, but I also loved the series on its own merits. I grew really attached to the characters.

I'll watch Flying Witch. That's all I care about for now.

I'm waiting for the season after, Shokugeki 2, Handa-kun, Shokugeki 2, possibly Alderamin.

Shokugeki 2

It's more like OPM is a parody of the shounen genre and Boku no Hero is a shounen series.

Boku no Hero is one of the more successful new(-ish, it's been going for a quite a while at this point) weekly shonen jump manga so it was just a matter of time until it got an anime adaptation. I'm a little bit surprised Shokugeki got an anime adaptation before it but I ain't gonna complain about that.

Anyway, thing is that it likely won't be an 'OPM rip-off'. The description doesn't even sound like OPM to begin with. powerless kid goes to super hero school, he gets or has some unique power thats makes him more special than the other people, he becomes stronger to reach his goal of becoming a great hero, there's also guaranteed to be a tournament arc in there at some point. The power of friendship will be a thing.

I should probably read it at some point just to see why people like it. edit: okay i only read one chapter but that was a hella good chapter so I'm gonna read the whole thing. I love this artist, idk who they are, it's not particularly pretty but it's fun to look at and the faces are golden.

Umi Sonoda said:
o_O

For Spring Anime, April too long to wait for the case
Some good stuff incoming imo:
Joker Game
Boku No Hero Academia OPM rip-off??
Mayoiga
I will be watching these lol

As for something that's a series and I think people will be hyped about it: JoJo
My Spring Anime will be JoJo and Ace Attorney.

I know autumn is going to be my fangirling season with UtaPri coming back and the third season of Haikyuu!! (I still need to watch the last episode of s2 dammit)

finished episode 4 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I wasn't prepared for this

I felt really, really bad for nina (and alexander to a lesser extent). her mother left her, then got fused with her dog into an abomination, witnessed her father's death right in front of her, and finally got killed the same way he did, all at the age of five. and this is just the fourth episode...damn

but yeah I really like the show overall. it's a bit weird watching this right after a masterpiece like cowboy bebop though

Chara said:
finished episode 4 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
I don't even have to read your spoiler to say that I'm sorry your innocence is gone. That episode honestly made me drop the show because it was way too messed up for me, and I was scared that it would only get worse.

Boku no Hero was pretty good. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's a pretty damn shiny wheel. I think I'll watch it as it airs, probably.

It was confirmed that Heaven's Feel would be adapted into three movies starting in 2017. Key visual looks nice and this is the only Fate/stay night route I didn't read all of so it'll be neat to see why a lot of people like it the most. I'm just glad they won't cram it into one movie.

saw the first episode of the ace attorney anime

it was...decent I guess. although it's pretty accurate to the games, from the dialogue to the expressions, the pacing just feels off but I can't exactly describe it. I'm still going to watch the rest of it but yeah

Considering the pacing of the first episode of Boku no Hero, it'll probably be a split-cour. It certainly has the popularity for it so it would be stranger if they didn't already have long-term plans for it. Looked great, faces were great, kid Deku bobbing his head back and forth was great, All Might is perfect, music was good. I'm glad they're going slowly so they don't rush through all the material and leave out some smaller parts just to reach a certain chapter.

Back