The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

Watched the first three episodes of Cowboy Bebop, that jazz music though.

Also let me just say that this is one of the best dubs I've ever seen, the voice acting is so good here.

Soos Ramirez said:
Watched the first three episodes of Cowboy Bebop, that jazz music though.

Also let me just say that this is one of the best dubs I've ever seen, the voice acting is so good here.
I need to finish that
I watched 5 episodes at anime club and enjoyed it enough to decide to finish it off at some point, and yeah the dub is pretty great as we watched it dub at the club (and we basically never watch the dub of stuff).

I watched an episode of Kyoani no Phantom World.

Generic mc recruited Kirby to join titty girl and genie mascot to play magic limbo, is what I think I just watched? Kirby's cute, I didn't catch what her name was though. Nice voice. Titty girl exists to provide the fanservice I guess, same with genie mascot. I literally didn't catch any of their names. They were probably said a few times but I guess they just didn't stick in my head. MC getting electrocuted made me laugh for some reason.

It looks pretty but I guess that's expected from them. Lots of flashy effects. The novel is published by KyoAni so that explains why they're adapting it, since a new volume just came out a few months ago. I guess they decided to go back to promoting their own stuff. I'll wait patiently for Hibike 2.

4: good episode, not much else except that murdock is a decent villain

5: holy crap, "rain" is a beautiful song. probably the best one in the soundtrack imo
also I love vicious as a character, he's just mysterious enough that you want to see more of him and he's just so captivating

6: interesting episode, but I could not help but think of ciel from black butler whenever I saw wen, idk why

7: apparently truck drivers are a thing in the future, who knew
not much else besides that

8: firstly how the hell were these people able to carry guns through airport security
in 2071
also alas, poor rocco. it was interesting to see a wiser side of spike while through his interactions with him and the blind girl's reaction was so sad

Completed two shows today, Snow White with the Red Hair and One-Punch Man.

Snow White with the Red Hair:
It was very... generic. Ultimately harmless, but really generic. I wouldn't say that I was bored while watching it, but nothing about it really captivated me. The characters fulfill every trope needed of them, but not to the point where it becomes too obvious or painful, the animation never does anything flashy, but I didn't notice any choppiness, the setting was woefully underused (come on, if you're going to mention dwarves, at least have one appear), but overall, I don't know if I would recommend it. The characters aren't necessarily bad, and they're fleshed out to a decent extent, but there are other shows out there that use similar characters to greater effect. Maybe the show would work for someone else, but it didn't do it for me.

One-Punch Man:
The action in this show is glorious. Each fight scene is well-animated, well-paced, well-choreographed, and does a fantastic job of conveying a sense of awesomness. If you're interested in action, I'd recommend it on that alone, but the characters are also well-written and a lot of enemies are well-designed when they're not being completely obliterated by our hero. The title's not exaggerating: a lot of Saitama's battles are just waiting to see if his newest enemy can actually stand up to him. Even if you're not interested in that kind of character, though he gets a lot of great and funny lines, there are enough strong side characters to support the show completely.

I never know what to think of shows that don't do anything wrong, but don't do anything beyond that, either.

watched episode 2 of some shows

okay so this episode in short:
Loki is absolutely creepy
It seems everyone has a tragic backstory (or the main characters do at least)
The scene with the kid and his father made me cry because it was so touching
Aoto is now a badass
Did i mention Loki was creepy?
And who the hell is this 'Santa' person? and why was the crown important??

in short:
i find it interesting how the goddesses in this show are named after real figures from mythology, that's actually really cool
poor Chloe tho, she is kind of a stereotype, but it's funny that she failed xD
i think i'll be staying away from sauce for a while...
Venus wyd xD
wow we got some tsundere all up in here
If anyone has any clue what the deal is with Olga, please tell me
and why is Over Trance that bad?
emitsun you sing an awesome ending <3

the main characters look kinda like the boys from Free!, if you didn't know
still disappointed about 13 minute episodes, but in short:
i forget the character's names already, is that bad? xD (wait nvm i looked the names up)
Poor Natsuki lol
Anna is probably the most thoughtful girl ever
aaaand epic facepalm moment, followed by hilarity right after the op
Mari reminds me of myself sometimes (should i be scared about that)
Tomoya and Mari look cute when they're bickering
*loud squealing because shipworthy moment*
Natsuki's happy face is adorable

and now i patiently wait for more episodes

Watched the Psycho-Pass movie. Better than I was expecting after hearing Season 2 was a wreck, though I guess that's what happens when you change the script writers between seasons. Also Season 2 was basically irrelevant since nothing from it popped up in the movie.

They brought back one of the ED's, Psycho Pass had a great soundtrack. I was wondering what they were going to go with after the conclusion of Psycho-Pass but I shouldn't have been worried, they found a way.

just gotta pretend like Psycho-Pass 2 never existed.

edit: also I guess the good shows for this season are just hidden away. Dimension W and ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) both seem to be good, the latter more so, I'm tempted to just read the manga already because the first two episodes are so good. They got actual actor's to do the voice of Satoru which probably explains why they sound so perfect for the role.

edit 2: finished Kekkai Sensen, not even sure what was going on but it was a nice ride anyway. I gave it a lower score than I did mid-way since any idea of a story disappeared until the last few episodes and the animation quality dropped from the first episode to the last. A 6/10 isn't bad though, it's okay but had some issues that makes it hard to say its really good. The ED 'Sugar Song to Bitter Step' was godlike though, almost as good as 'Spice'.

Hey so I just watched the first episode of Love Live (or as they call it in reverse, Evil Evol) and I don't know I don't really feel like I was eased into it like I was with K-on. In K-on's first episode most of its key characters were meeting for the first time so it was just as much an introduction of these characters to the audience as it was to the other characters. It also felt like LL's first episode was introducing more characters than K-on's which made them harder to keep track of, and the fact that there were about nine of them in the opening was kind of worrying.

Making the obligatory trip to TVTropes told me this wasn't intended as just an anime or just a thing to be adapted as an anime but a whole multimedia project so was there something I should have checked out before starting the anime?

Regardless, I'm going to keep watching and see if things get any clearer.

The only character names you should really know by the end of the first episode would probably be Honoka, Kotori and Umi. Possibly Maki and Eli too. The others you'll learn in time, you've only watched one episode so you're not expected to know everything. It would be a poor choice by Sunrise to focus on every single character the show offers in the first episode so as you noted, it didn't.

Love Live started out as like, a song group or an ios game first? One of those two, it got popular so they made an anime and then it got more popular so they made another and you get the idea. I only ever bothered with the show so prior knowledge isn't necessary.

Things will get clearer, If you're having trouble following along by episode three then there's definitely an issue somewhere but Love Live isn't complex so that's unlikely.

Having finished episode 3, I think by now I can at least see a character and think "that's the one who...". The only ones I'm not sure about are the juniors who help set up the auditorium.

Also it's going to be very difficult to look at Umi and not think "Mio".

SiFi said:
Having finished episode 3, I think by now I can at least see a character and think "that's the one who...". The only ones I'm not sure about are the juniors who help set up the auditorium.

Also it's going to be very difficult to look at Umi and not think "Mio".
yui = honoka
mio = umi
mugi = kotori
azusa = maki
ritsu = ??? maybe nico

what the fuck is up with mirai nikki

edit: i'm still watching and what the fuck is up with mirai nikki

edit: what the fuck

edit: what the FUCK

edit: if i wasn't almost done with this show i swear i'd drop it

I finished Working!!!, I like season 2 the most but season 3 got better towards the end. I'll watch the final 60 minute episode some other time. I also finished Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, I started that show in April 2014, I had it in my on-hold for so long but I got around to it. I don't know why I didn't finish it earlier, I very much enjoyed Kawaisou, it had a weird charm and it actually made me laugh often. Maybe I should finish Love Lab too, they kind of had a similar weird charm.

I watched some OVA/Specials too for Hibike and Barakamon since MALgraphs was telling me too. I don't go out of my way to watch them usually.

I guess I'm just sticking with ERASED and Dimension W this season, I'll likely drop Phantom World cause it sucks. I'm slowly getting through The Perfect Insider but it seems to be on a downhill slope in quality. The mystery isn't particularly interesting I guess, MC is too indifferent about death.

Time Turner said:
+1 point for sticking with your decision to watch mirai nikki
-1 point for making the decision to watch mirai nikki

Time Turner said:

daily reminder that i still have to finish this, and according to some friends, i have no idea what i'm in for

FINALLY finished Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii today.

Can I just say that I never trusted Kitora for one second until the last episode
And I honestly don't see WHY Nike's grandmother had to come up with such an elaborate plan (that failed) just to separate Nike from Livius
But otherwise, the ending was extremely sweet. I liked it
Also Livius (aka shorty (in my words at least)) reminds me of another shorty *COUGH**COUGH*Ciel Phantomhive*COUGH*

Time Turner said:

This Mirai Nikki sounds an awful lot like Hatris.

Time Turner said:

My favorite anime because it has the yandere queen.
By the way the ending made me cry so I suggest you watching all.

Back