The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

I'm watching Hanasaku Iroha atm. I liked the result of the Ko romance subplot thing, how it affected Ohana and made her realise some of her flaws. Also needs more Nako since she hasn't really been given much time besides that one swimming part.

Your Lie in April always sort of sucks me in completely and gets my undivided attention whenever I watch it, episode 10 was stunning though. That shit got me teary eyed for no real reason other than I thought it was amazingly done, the pacing, the visuals, the music, all great. They hyped up the performance for 3-4 episodes now and it delivered.

While I grew up with Pokemon, DBZ, and I did watch a lot of Bleach, I mainly watch romantic animes like Toradora, Clannad, and H2o, those ones always make me cry, I love crying at anime. Call me a pussy if you must but I have a heart

^Most people do, as without it you don't really have a circulatory system

I need to get back to watching anime.

currently on episode 7 of chaika

...i feel like frederica(?) could've been a more compelling character, but instead they just turn her into some loli shapeshifter or whatever

yeah, she shows up and doesn't really do much. Though I guess always having a fucking giant dragoon on your team would make them op so it's good that she doesn't spend too much time being actually useful, otherwise things would be done too quick and the good stuff is lost.

Also she's playing on dark souls mode.

edit: I finished Hanasaku Iroha, I love it when anime have endings that suit the series perfectly. I'll actually kind of miss watching this, in the grand scheme of things it's just about an Inn and its workers but damn was it good.

Anyone here still keeping tabs on the Aikatsu! anime? I've been creating episode discussion topics at another forum that I go to (hoping to beat the others who are so Hades bent to "ruin" it all the way down to the characters involved in it), and I swear, it's been giving me a positive vibe overload every time I watch it. Not to mention that I heard that the movie installment in the Japan area has gotten a HUGE reception since it launched last weekend.

Never watched that. I've seen a picture before but I'm not interested.

I started Welcome to the NHK. Simple animation and music drowns out the voices a lot, I'm only really bothered by the latter. Kind of a headache.

Yahari got the full designs for the main characters and they look good. Hachiman doesn't look as ugly/dead which is a bummer. At least he keeps the eyes, didn't know Iroha had light brown hair either. Thought it was dark brown.

Edit: Finished love live, episode 12 was sadder than episode 12 11 but it ended really well. Also they played the best song in the final episode so that was top. It can't get enough of its last minute cliffhangers though, not even a season finale can escape...

And I watched Expelled from Paradise (I'm just gonna call it that) which was in all cg but looked great anyway. Nice ending, Angela's adorable, some sick mech fights, etc.. All I knew going into it was that it was written by gen urobutchi and you can kind of tell. He's more so well known for killing main characters but I like him because all his stories usually have the underlying theme of 'hope will always overcome despair' or that everything will be okay in the end.

Maki Nishikino said:
Edit: Finished love live, episode 12 was sadder than episode 12 11 but it ended really well. Also they played the best song in the final episode so that was top. It can't get enough of its last minute cliffhangers though, not even a season finale can escape...
this is 100% acurate
fuck hanayo tho gdi
movie soon

i guess its time to watch nyanpasu now or nge when crackin is ded

galaxy express 999 is pretty great

y'all should watch that instead of whatever generic aidoru anime is the hip new thing instead

my friend recommended a neat short film called "hal" last year to me

it was ridiculously sad and i highly recommend it to you

When an anime skips a week, it always feels extra satisfying when it is back on the following week, as I discovered with todays yowapeda ep, plus the ep seemed to have a lot of shots of Makishima's butt, which was very nice for me
Ui3IZ.jpg
I burst out laughing at the end scene of that ep for some reason too.

Ugh, from this/next week onwards I will be watching 4 animes at once (Yowapeda GR has 6 more eps, Season 3 of Kuroko no Basuke is starting in a week or so, Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul starts this thursday iirc and I want to watch the magical boy anime too)

supermariofan said:
Anyone know any other great romantic animes? I cried at Toradora and H2o
Garden of Words

It's a short movie but w/e it's good. Really pretty too. Garden of Wallpapers.

Patchouli Knowledge said:
I just watched the first episode of the magical boy anime.
It's so weird and fabulous! :D

Now I gotta catch up on Sailor Moon Crystal!
Oh god I watched that magical boy anime
I could not stop laughing as it just took the piss out of every magical girl anime ever

KNB yesterday was so good... really re-ignited my love for the show and my love for Murasakibara
Shogo is a fucking jerk though. Like He beat the crap out of Himuro for no reason and harrased/choked Alexandra. Like wow, I thought Makoto Hanamiya from last season was bad...
Gdi... I need to get back into a Yowapeda mood as there is another episode tomorrow.
I am interested to see what happens in Tokyo Ghoul Root a, as it is differant to the manga iirc.

I now need to keep up with watching the four shows I am watching

Your lie in April isn't even subtly implying one of the characters will kick the bucket, ever since episode 2 the 'hints' have been getting progressively worse to the point where when it happens it won't have any impact at all. God damn, the only way they can fix it is by making it so that she doesn't die but that won't happen with all this foreshadowing. This is a huge stain on an otherwise really good show, it's just too big of an annoyance to ignore.

Durarara x2 started and it looked really choppy like it was missing frames (especially that bike chase scene holy shit that was bad) but I can't remember if the original was like this. I think I would have noticed if it was, maybe it's just where I'm watching it since nobody else seemed to be having this issue. I always end up trying to spot differences when the animation studio changes between seasons.

I think Aldnoah.Zero 2 started but I can't really be bothered watching anime at the moment since my iPad has been crashing during the videos and is just overall really slow again for some reason.

Maki Nishikino said:
but I can't really be bothered watching anime at the moment since my iPad has been crashing during the videos and is just overall really slow again for some reason.
does this mean we cant finish nyanpasu ;_;

been watching jojo's bizarre adventure

just got done with the second arc, very nice anime so far.

Love the openings so far and the art style is really nice.

Zae Eildus said:
been watching jojo's bizarre adventure

just got done with the second arc, very nice anime so far.

Love the openings so far and the art style is really nice.
That is next on my to watch list (blame tumblr user brunobuccaletty).
After Yowapeda GR finishes I might start watching it.

I think this counts but I have been watching Kirby Right Back at Ya again. I'm on Episode 52/100. However, Youtube is missing Episode 86 and 89. Does anyone know where I can find this? I'd prefer English dub but I'll live if it's not.

I caught back up with Parasyte. It's good but I don't know what it is about it, but it's kind of underwhelming while still being enjoyable.

I caught back up with your lie in April as well. Ep12 was disappointing but Ep13 was pure music bliss and I was thrown off for a bit. I think I'm more okay with the death flags now, it's not attempting to be 'subtle' and it's basically all but being said directly now.

I rematched Madoka Magica through the movies and I forgot how much I liked the last half. The series was better because it didn't cut anything out but I watched the lesser TV version and not the BD version so seeing all the new pretty upgrades was nice.
I always love seeing the scene where Homura just bombards Walpurgisnacht with all kinds of shit. Rocket launchers to tower explosions to gas tankers to missiles to stadium full of bombs. I always loved her power since it wasn't Magical weapons, it was just the ability to hold a bunch of guns and explosives.
I'm gonna watch Rebellion now. I've been spoiled already sadly but it should still be a fun ride.
Wow that was interesting. It was so sad seeing Homura just slowly break down like that, why can't everyone just be happy and shit. Just continue being mighty morphing magical girl rangers for eternity. The gun fight was pretty awesome. Homura still best even if she's pretty much satan. Sudden Kyoko x Sayaka? Not even sure how that happened since it seemed to just occur with no buildup but okay, Madoka Magica 4: Lesbians confirmed.

Marathoned the last eight eps of Kill La Kill last night. It was awesome. Also, have started Nichijou, which is basically everything I ever wanted in a comedy anime. So... yeah.

Back