The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

Cirdec said:
MrRoidley said:
Currently going through 3 anime at the same time hehe
First one is Persona 4 The Animation. I can't rush it much since I haven't beaten the game yet, but so far it's fun.
The second one is Sonic X, the JP dub, decided to give it a chance. It's actually... Good! The JP dub is definitely better
The third one is a rewatch of Space Brothers, my fave of all time, I definitely recommend ;)

Oh, I am watching Space Brothers as well, I am at episode 65. I agree it's a good anime, but I don't think I could rewatch 99 episodes entirely again.

It's rare for me to rewatch anime as long as it, but I liked it so much I think I could rewatch it a lot of times haha

I watched the first episode of Attack on Titan Season 2

That satisifed my expectations.

I just want to say that the fact that Russia (Hetalia) and Viktor Nikiforov (Yuri!!! on Ice) are voiced by the same person (in the English Dubs at least) makes me happier than it should.

M8jcYh.jpg
Victor-Nikiforov-Yuri-on-Ice-wallpaper-3-1-500x280.jpg

so I'm 16 episodes into neon genesis evangelion

either I'm too young for this or I'm not that experienced with anime, but things are really starting to fly over my head, and it's only going to get more confusing as it goes on

this feels like an show you need to rewatch to get a full grasp of

Mariofan169 said:

either I'm too young for this or I'm not that experienced with anime, but things are really starting to fly over my head, and it's only going to get more confusing as it goes on

out of curiosity, did you ever find a non asynchronous version of the dub?

i didnt. the sub is completely unaffected though (at least on the website i usually use)

Eren Jäger said:
Mariofan169 said:

out of curiosity, did you ever find a non asynchronous version of the dub?

i didnt. the sub is completely unaffected though (at least on the website i usually use)
the one on kissanime seems to work for me. the beta server player anyway, openupload lags like hell

on that subject, I had my doubts about the dub actors but they really stepped their game after a few episodes. katsuragi's in particular is outstanding

Mariofan169 said:
and now I've finished it

*deep breath*

regarding that infamous ending, I think what one of the characters said sums it up best:
the truth changes depending on how you accept it. either you think that a. the last two episodes have great philosophical questions and has interesting insight into depression, or that they're both too contrived for their own good and are ultimately boring. that's the beauty of it, it all depends on your perspective

personally I have...very mixed feelings towards the conclusion. the animations is sometimes unique and at other times rushed, and I might not agree with the school scene, but it still has some sound life advice, which is weird for an ending. idk I might just rewatch this when I'm, say, college age, just so I could understand half of what was going on

overall, I'm really glad I watched this show. still asking myself "what the hell" for starting it as early as I did

Marx said:
Mariofan169 said:
and now I've finished it

*deep breath*

regarding that infamous ending, I think what one of the characters said sums it up best:
the truth changes depending on how you accept it. either you think that a. the last two episodes have great philosophical questions and has interesting insight into depression, or that they're both too contrived for their own good and are ultimately boring. that's the beauty of it, it all depends on your perspective

personally I have...very mixed feelings towards the conclusion. the animations is sometimes unique and at other times rushed, and I might not agree with the school scene, but it still has some sound life advice, which is weird for an ending. idk I might just rewatch this when I'm, say, college age, just so I could understand half of what was going on

overall, I'm really glad I watched this show. still asking myself "what the hell" for starting it as early as I did

about the ending: did you watch the movie End of Evangelion? It's a new ending that's considered the "real" one by most fans

i watched all of dr3 so im done with despair for now

i still have kimi ni todoke running and i didnt get to watch my friday late night animes in a while so id have to catch up on those at some point as well

as well as a bunch of stuff on my todo list.

gonna be an anime filled year i guess

new favourite episode
Dh9INom.jpg

I watched first season of Date a Live. I can confirm Kurumi Tokisaki is a yangire, not a yandere. For me, she ties with Rena Ryūgū for the most insane yangire I know.

Watched season 1 of Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium)

this is like a what if scenario of what wouldve happened if k-on was better

nothing against k-on but you know my opinion about that

also taki-sensei for husbando

Finally finished my Season 1 rewatch of Attack on Titan. Will start the season 2 binge and hopefully get caught up tomorrow or the next day.

watching little witch academia now, currently on ep 5.

pretty good also lazy dragon.

I finished Hibike! Euphonium

was alright, the characters were very likable and it told a relatable story.

i was told beforehand there would be yuri and i kind of caught the implications but idk it wasn't particularly screaming it out loud or anything it was just a pretty nice scene at the end.

probably an 8.

might do a theme on that later depends on what other people are planning to do

Just watched AOT Season 2 Episode 11

Decent episode, Mikasa is still awesome.
Really wish they would answer more questions though. They still haven't explained why people turned into titans in the first place, what's in Eren's basement, or really anything, and I doubt that they will be able to answer all of that in the last episode. Can't wait for season three in four years :rolleyes:

Lee Chaolan said:
Just watched AOT Season 2 Episode 11

Decent episode, Mikasa is still awesome.
Really wish they would answer more questions though. They still haven't explained why people turned into titans in the first place, what's in Eren's basement, or really anything, and I doubt that they will be able to answer all of that in the last episode. Can't wait for season three in four years :rolleyes:
I haven't read the manga but apparently we're still far off from learning stuff. I don't really care though, I'm still invested, especially after this last episode. Erwin is a goddamn hero.

Lee Chaolan said:
hahah four years, now that's optimistic.

There was a long gap before so the manga could get ahead, that long wait, coupled with this shorter season might mean they can get to a third season quicker.

Kinda wished the story's pacing was better, considering how long it took for a new season but eh the characters and fights are still good so it's not too bad I guess. Hopefully season three doesn't take too long to be made.

Back