The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

if you thought anyone but Chitoge would win after getting a few minutes into watching/reading then you were deluding yourself.

gorilla wins

Crackin355 said:
if you thought anyone but Chitoge would win after getting a few minutes into watching/reading then you were deluding yourself.

gorilla wins

157.jpg

watching the whole things between raku and onodera and then thinking about the inevitable end hurt me so much that i kept being in denial until the very end

EDIT: okay this is probably the final thing I will write about Nisekoi and it's ending

I might have realized something that makes this maybe a little more bearable for me:

So basically you know how this whole manga is titled "false love"

and it's pretty clear that this is referring to chitoge and raku's relationship throughout the manga

however, I've come to realize that there might be a second meaning behind it.

The false love also (and foremost, I think) referred to Raku and Onodera.

Now don't get me wrong, they very obviously liked each other, but I am pretty sure now that the love between them was more on the terms of a childhood/school crush.

Because I mean we basically know that this started with the promise and went on all the way to high school, for both of them.

And I also think it's been made pretty clear at the end that the promise wasn't as important as Raku (and Onodera) have always thought it was.

I think what the author was trying to hint at this whole time was just the fact that what they were experiencing wasn't the sort of mature love (this sounds wrong) that was developing between Chitoge and Raku.

And they both realized this at the end, which is why they've been able to give up (although hardly).

This also explains why there has never been any real development between Raku and Onodera other than stuff that had to do with the promise (because, well, she was his promised girl after all), while you can clearly see the relationship between Chitoge and Raku develop.

So in the end, of course Chitoge had a lot more going for her than Onodera.

This however, still doesn't mean that I'm fine with this ending because I just don't like Chitoge's character as much as Onodera. So it would've made me more happy to see her happy and not as heartbroken as she was, but per the above criteria I ultimately think that she'll be able to get over it (I mean everyone else who was rejected was able to get over it).

TL;DR: RakuxOnodera would never have worked on the same level as what developed between Chitoge and Raku, I guess. So we have been believing in a 'false' ship this entire time (Komi you bastard).

Still, I'll never regret having fought until the end.

Once Team Onodera, always Team Onodera.

EDIT: oh and also another reason why Onodera was the last girl to get BTFO was so that team members wouldn't leave the manga prematurely such as what probably happened after the Marika arc and when Tsugumi gave up.

so apparently the onodera magical girl spinoff manga just ended as well and she actually won at the end of that (unsurprisingly i guess)

meh at least minor salvation

I like how the top 3 upcoming anime on MAL are the three things i absolutely need in my life

-snk/aot season 2 (just pray the quality wont get much worse)
-The fourth Evangelion rebuild
-Steins;Gate 0

Help said:
Love Live! Sunshine!!
takes a deep breath

My specific EP1-3 thoughts didn't change a bit so I'll just jump right in to the new stuff.

My opinion on it stayed the same as it was for quite some time. EP 4-8 were great and 9 was fantastic. EP10 and 11 were fine too, but during EP12 I noticed something wrong; the pacing.

I praised the pacing before but it really bit itself in the ass because the 3rd Years plot lasted through the first nine episodes (even though I'd say this was the highlight of the anime). We could have done without the filler beach episode and maybe the PV episode too as long as they explained "lol the school is closing" during the previous episode or at the start of the one after. And EP13, hoo boy. They spend a solid 4 minutes recapping what happened and because of it we're left without proper closure and thus it leaves a lot of questions.

I still think the show looks great, and while the music (both insert songs and background music) was great too I still like og ll's soundtrack better.

The characters are all still great, but there's one major issue with Chika in specific; she doesn't seem to grow that much as a character. By the end of the show she's still the exact same as back from the beginning, just someone who likes Muse and wants to shine too. She made no real mistakes, but that also means she can't learn from them like Honoka did. Compare og S1E1 to any of it's end-points (S1E13, S2E13, Movie) and you'll see that Honoka changed a lot in that time, because she also fucked up a lot during the show.

Overall, I think this show was okay. It almost lived up to my expectations pre-EP3, but did not do it for my post-EP3 expectations, mainly because the plot was too slow and didn't really have an end-point thanks to that. I'm sure we'll get a S2 eventually, but for now this is how it stands.

og ll s2 > movie > og ll s1 > lls s1 > ova

rewatched one piece again, ace's death is still painful.

also part 4 of jojos is getting amazing.

I started reading Kaguya wants to be Confessed to and Grand Blue today, I caught up with what's available for now. I haven't laughed this hard since when i first read one punch man.

Marcia said:
Started Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I'm only three episodes in and I already love it.
you're going to love this next episode then

have extra tissues at the ready

Magikrazy said:
since toonami is airing jojo now i figure ill take a look at it

from the first episode, looks like ill enjoy it

*and the zae goes wild*

Magikrazy said:
from the first episode, looks like ill enjoy it
e7b.gif

If you think Part 1 is great, just you wait until Part 2 hopefully rolls around in 8 or so weeks.

officially moving my awful weeb-opinions into here

Currently keeping up with JoJo's only, since its once a week and I don't have the time to start a new series atm. Will probably end up watching a lot more in the holidays, I've already got some recommendations~

I started watching death note

why are people still watching breaking bad or dexter, this is a lot better (source: watched some episodes of dexter and it didnt really get me, watched breaking bad up to season 2 and was bored and weirded out by it)

ryuk has got to be the worst troll in history lol

i dont understand anything anymore

>tfw this anime managed to even make the viewers unsure about who is kira at this point

that fucking light, he's playing 11 dimensional chess right now

even l is losing his shit

i swear though this is getting more and more intense and im literally scared of this anime rn

Managed to catch up with Yuri!!! On Ice this weekend

YES MY TWO BEAUTIFIL BABIES JUST KISS AND BE TOGETHER FOREVER THIS SHIP IS NOT ONLY BASICALLY CANON BY NOW, BUT PURE BEAUTY AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH *dies* (forgive me for being such a fujoshi plz)

Also if you say their ship name (Victuuri) out loud it sounds like 'victory' how cute is that?

Other than that, the OP/ED are super catchy and the animation is amazing. The coolest part of this show is probably the fact that they have an actual pro figure skater choreographing the figure skating routines. Just the figure skating aspect by itself is really cool. Definitely worth a watch if you get the chance.

I couldn't wait for the Steins;Gate 0 anime to come so i bought the ps4 version which will hopefully get shipped soon as well as the actual console lol

I started watching love live sunshine

>tfw you return to school idol hell (cant believe its already been almost 2 years since i watched the original love live lol)

EDIT: IT'S JOKE

IT WAS JOKE ALL ALONG

I saw an ad for Your Name on youtube, I actually watched it because I'm waiting for the blu-rays to come out so I can watch it in hq, because it can't be any other way. It looks way better than I was thinking, although like any trailer it shows off a little too much and I can take shots at what'll happen. I want to see why it's been so successful.

still not enough to drag me to melbourne to watch it though, I'm not that desperate yet.

Back