The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

Maki Nishikino said:
Shokugeki is getting an 'important announcement' on December 14. Probably for the best not to get my hopes up because it might not be a season 2 announcement but

season 2 hype
SlCy2Cl.jpg
CV2jmEkUwAABrOc.jpg

fuck yeah, season 2 hype.

Having watched it's movie, I've finished Love Live! School Idol Project.

Quite an emotional roller-coaster to be honest, especially near Season 2's end (S2E13 damn near broke me even). Just about every up and down they had seemed really plausible to be able to happen in real life, and it's not too hard to understand them.

The music was great; not entirely sure which one's my favorite but there wasn't really a single one I downright loathed. The idols' personalities were pretty varied and often led to some hilarious situations. Best parts are the dialogue-less exchange between Honoka and Hanayo during S2E7, Umi getting pissed at everyone in the sleepover/pillow fight episode, and Nico's outrageous self-centered tsundere thing throughout most of the series.

My only real gripes are that the CGI could have been a bit better (even though it did do that a bit in S2, not by much) and maybe not answering some questions I had, like why Umi is so afraid of romance. The last episodes felt really rushed. From S2E11 to 12, it skips right from the finals to the Love Live itself, and from 12 to 13 it skips right to graduation. How much time passed? Not like we'll ever know. Lastly, while some characters got good development, others didn't. Like, I couldn't catch a single clue on Rin other than her being Hanayo's friend and some cat thing going on.

So after a segment of Honoka's past, we find out that there's supposed to be a THIRD Love Live. Like, what? How long has it even been since the second one? WE WOULDN'T KNOW, THE END OF THE SECOND SEASON NEVER FUCKING TOLD US! ...*ahem*, pardon that. Anyways, they have to travel to America for a concert (not the Love Live itself, I think).

The America segment was alright, it was a bit weird seeing u's speak in Engrish a bit. Other than that it was basically Honk Alone 2: Lost in New York. She gets lost by taking the wrong subway (gdi) and ends up mentally meeting her future self. Like, what? This part downright confused me after she was confirmed to be future Honoka. Like, at one point (iirc) present-day Honoka grabs future Honoka's arm, but that shouldn't be possible if it was all mental! Time travel seems way too nutty for this to have, since the rest of it seemed perfectly real, so what the fuck?

I never really noticed that u's never mentioned that they were disbanding to anyone before the movie pointed it out. A bit sad to see them all go, but the ending songs were fantastic. Seeing u's cooperate with A-RISE and other idols was pretty brilliant to say the least.

The music was still really good, and the CGI improved a lot. While the future Honoka thing confused me, it did open up the sweet metaphor of the America trip being the puddle from the beginning of the movie. It was still quite funny, like when they get off the plane in (or from, I don't remember) America they think someone's trying to snipe them.

My issues with it? Well, the most obvious one can be gathered just by looking at a few sentences; Honoka was put into the spotlight way more than the others. I get that she's supposed to be the main character, but I would have liked to see some more from the others. More Nico humor would have been fantastic, but we didn't end up getting that. My other primary issue is that most of S2E13 left the series in a great spot, up until they shoehorned the movie in. The movie also left it at a good stopping point, but it feels a bit redundant. Some other problems were the twist being a tad too obvious and the fact that even the Americans spoke in Engrish.

I think the end of it may have foreshadowed Season 3? Probably not, but it's possible. It would be pretty funny to see the "Mama Live" joke they made around the end become a reality, where the mothers of all the idols form their own group. It will never happen, but it's an interesting concept nonetheless.

Fantastic anime imo, may be my favorite but that's still debatable with some of the others I've watched on the table.

honoka best girl

Hosnowka Kosaka said:
So after a segment of Honoka's past, we find out that there's supposed to be a THIRD Love Live. Like, what? How long has it even been since the second one? WE WOULDN'T KNOW, THE END OF THE SECOND SEASON NEVER FUCKING TOLD US! ...*ahem*, pardon that. Anyways, they have to travel to America for a concert (not the Love Live itself, I think).

The America segment was alright, it was a bit weird seeing u's speak in Engrish a bit. Other than that it was basically Honk Alone 2: Lost in New York. She gets lost by taking the wrong subway (gdi) and ends up mentally meeting her future self. Like, what? This part downright confused me after she was confirmed to be future Honoka. Like, at one point (iirc) present-day Honoka grabs future Honoka's arm, but that shouldn't be possible if it was all mental! Time travel seems way too nutty for this to have, since the rest of it seemed perfectly real, so what the fuck?

I never really noticed that u's never mentioned that they were disbanding to anyone before the movie pointed it out. A bit sad to see them all go, but the ending songs were fantastic. Seeing u's cooperate with A-RISE and other idols was pretty brilliant to say the least.

The music was still really good, and the CGI improved a lot. While the future Honoka thing confused me, it did open up the sweet metaphor of the America trip being the puddle from the beginning of the movie. It was still quite funny, like when they get off the plane in (or from, I don't remember) America they think someone's trying to snipe them.

My issues with it? Well, the most obvious one can be gathered just by looking at a few sentences; Honoka was put into the spotlight way more than the others. I get that she's supposed to be the main character, but I would have liked to see some more from the others. More Nico humor would have been fantastic, but we didn't end up getting that. My other primary issue is that most of S2E13 left the series in a great spot, up until they shoehorned the movie in. The movie also left it at a good stopping point, but it feels a bit redundant. Some other problems were the twist being a tad too obvious and the fact that even the Americans spoke in Engrish.

I think the end of it may have foreshadowed Season 3? Probably not, but it's possible. It would be pretty funny to see the "Mama Live" joke they made around the end become a reality, where the mothers of all the idols form their own group. It will never happen, but it's an interesting concept nonetheless.
sums up my thoughts perfectly about the movie
they had lots of potential, like they couldve elaborated future honokas character a bit more, and make more smoother transitions into scenes rather than jumping super far ahead.

i would hope for a season 3 but probably not. love live sunshine is comign out soon and i think thats gonna be the replacement, im not really hyped for that because im pretty attached to u's and you cant really replace any one of them.

Just watched Apocalypse Zero Episode 2.

Less gory than part 1, but with more insane genital weapons. Still, you gotta admire how much content they manage to squeeze into half an hour: not one but two monsters of the day, the second of which turns into a final confrontation between the main hero and villain, both of whom had their origin stories explored, plus some hanging out at school scenes. Not that you actually come for the story - you come for the ridiculousness and lulz.

But I won't lie, I wish there were more than just two episodes.

Finished season one of Noragami last night
Half the time my heart just broke in two
*episode 8*
THE FEELS ARE KILLING MEEEEEE WHYYYYY
YUKINE IS A CINNAMON ROLL TOO GOOD TOO PURE FOR THIS WORLD

*episode 9*
CRYING AND DYING FROM FEELS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH ;-;

*episode 10*
Hiyori wyd

*episode 11*
CANT WE JUST HAVE A HAPPY EPISODE FOR ONCE I AM STILL RECOVERING FROM EPISODE NINE THANK YOU VERY MUCH
ALSO NORA IS FUCKING INSANE

*episode 12*
Finally a happy episode...
WELP TIME TO PUT OFF WATCHING ARAGOTO FOR LIKE SEVEN MONTHS

Back