The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

Watched Love Live up to episode 11

on episode 10 the video i watch just freezes at 21:52 and when i try to click it away my wii u freezes

weird

anyways, i hope honoka dies because she's annoying me

and also kotori probably got sold as a slave maid or sth. judging from the way she acts about it.
the above spoiler isn't entirely serious

luv u honoka <3

but rly what is kotori up to o_O

Finished the first season
Wow I felt sad watching this

fo real

Kotori is also one of my fav characters ;(
Okay happy ending

kinda disappointed love live didnt happen

im not even sure if i wouldve liked an unhappy ending more, probably not seeing as the series doesnt really support much sadness.

watched the second season up to the halloween episode (which was 6 iirc)
That one point where nico escaped by going through the tight space inbetween two vw busses and nozomi couldnt follow because boobs was hilarious

the character swap scene too

so far i like this season more than the first one actually because eri does not only stop being an asshole in episode 8

Eri Ayase said:
watched the second season up to the halloween episode (which was 6 iirc)
That one point where nico escaped by going through the tight space inbetween two vw busses and nozomi couldnt follow because boobs was hilarious

the character swap scene too

so far i like this season more than the first one actually because eri does not only stop being an asshole in episode 8
the nico ep was p good (obv), she went so overboard photoshopping shit lol
i think μ's would be better if nico was center and everyone else was a backup dancer (◕ヮ◕)
the feels tho

and yea ep 6 was like my fav episode of s2, it was p great, my fav part was also the swap

Alright today I took a day off studying and basically binged some new shows and I managed to watch the whole of Zankyou no Terror in one sitting and watched the first three episodes of K-On! and the first four episodes of Ace of Diamond.

ZNT was really good and interesting, while it won't be a show which stands out of a fave it was a solid show and easy to watch only being 11 episodes and the concept was really interesting and the last episode was really sad. I loved the animation as it seemed really... real, as the character design, the modern technology and the scenery made the whole show look really realistic an it fitted the show as a whole.

TBH, I have mixed feelings about K-On! at the moment. I really liked the first episode as it was cute and introduced the concept, and it made me optimistic as while I wasn't sure if I would like it but I kept an open mind. The whole music club really did appeal, even though I knew that was what it was about before, it made me think I might really enjoy it because of my love of music, and I thought 'oh cool, anime school of rock'. However, the next couple of episodes were kind of eh... like it was too much cutesy girls eating food and being cutesy and not enough of them being rock chicks and jamming out, in my opinion, and it made episodes 2 and 3 a little tedious for me. I will probably watch the whole of the first series at least and then decide from there if I will watch anymore.

Of course with me, when in doubt: start a new sports anime, so I decided to watch ace of diamond as I know that is fairly popular and onogoing. The protag is so angry, like he is literally baseball Eren Jaeger, I took an instant liking to the guy who looks/acts like Haruka Nanase the instant he appeared, and the glasses second year guy is pretty cool as well. Plus it is one of those shows when I keep wanting to watch the next episode to know what happens, hopefully I will be able to catch up with season 2, as season 2 just started and I should be able to watch all 75 episodes of season one in a couple of weeks, maybe a little longer, if I have the time/motivation.

Yuusuke Makishima said:
TBH, I have mixed feelings about K-On! at the moment. I really liked the first episode as it was cute and introduced the concept, and it made me optimistic as while I wasn't sure if I would like it, the whole music club really did appeal, even though I knew that was what it was about before, it made me think I might really enjoy it because of my love of music, and I thought 'oh cool, anime school of rock'. However, the next couple of episodes were kind of eh... like it was too much cutesy girls eating food and being cutesy and not enough of them being rock chicks and jamming out, in my opinion, and it made episodes 2 and 3 a little tedious for me. The characters are all good though, and I will probably watch the whole of the first series at least and then decide from there if I will watch anymore.
ill tell you right now that if youre expecting k-on to be an anime about rock girls going ham, you should prob rethink watching it or not cause the majority of the anime is just random stuff like in ep 2 and 3 lol
the only hardcore rock stuff is like sawako's old band

they do still focus on club activities but 90% of it is just slice of life stuff. the characters are gr8 and it was a really nice watch overall. they also got some awesome songs, like the entire ost is pretty much 10/10
but yea, if you go further into k-on, you should go in with the mindset of it being cutesy/funny/etc. with a dash of music

Nico Yazawa said:
Yuusuke Makishima said:
TBH, I have mixed feelings about K-On! at the moment. I really liked the first episode as it was cute and introduced the concept, and it made me optimistic as while I wasn't sure if I would like it, the whole music club really did appeal, even though I knew that was what it was about before, it made me think I might really enjoy it because of my love of music, and I thought 'oh cool, anime school of rock'. However, the next couple of episodes were kind of eh... like it was too much cutesy girls eating food and being cutesy and not enough of them being rock chicks and jamming out, in my opinion, and it made episodes 2 and 3 a little tedious for me. The characters are all good though, and I will probably watch the whole of the first series at least and then decide from there if I will watch anymore.
ill tell you right now that if youre expecting k-on to be an anime about rock girls going ham, you should prob rethink watching it or not cause the majority of the anime is just random stuff like in ep 2 and 3 lol
the only hardcore rock stuff is like sawako's old band

they do still focus on club activities but 90% of it is just slice of life stuff. the characters are gr8 and it was a really nice watch overall. they also got some awesome songs, like the entire ost is pretty much 10/10
but yea, if you go further into k-on, you should go in with the mindset of it being cutesy/funny/etc. with a dash of music
I see, I guess that is a bit of a pain :v, I was hoping there would be some decent band stuff in it, the characters are cute and some of it is nice and funny... I will probably keep watching as it might grow on me (it's only 13 episodes anyway) and then when I get to the end of season 1 I will decide if I want to watch the movie/season 2 or if it just isn't my thing.

they do perform concerts and things so its not like the element is completely missing. it took me a little bit to get into it (i think ep 3/4 was when i got into it) but when i did it was like the best anime ever
but thats probably a biased view so idk

New season, new shows.

Fate/stay night season 2 was okay. Pretty as always, followed the original content well but I guess it's just lame that this part specifically is still not so hype. I can hold out until the better fights and scenes.

I was worried Yahari season 2 would be meh in comparison to the first or the books because of a new studio but I think I had a smile plastered on my face for most of it. Still has the real 8man, I think he'll always be my favourite character period. Bothers me that they're packing one volume of content into 2 episodes but that just means more episodes for later volumes... hopefully. I'll be mad if it's an original ending, fuck that shit.

Kekkai Sensen looks like it'll be a fun show. Not much else to say, Leo's a pretty cool MC if not a little generic.

I changed my MAL theme, I like it now that all the shows have pictures. Fanta helped me fix that.

Maki Nishikino said:
Kekkai Sensen looks like it'll be a fun show. Not much else to say, Leo's a pretty cool MC if not a little generic.

The action scenes were animated pretty well too, hopefully they keep that up.

Tsnowmugi Coaltobuki said:
Maki Nishikino said:

The action scenes were animated pretty well too, hopefully they keep that up.
Bones is pretty good with that kind of stuff I find. Noragami had a lot of clean animation too.

The music was pretty good too at certain parts, like the fight with white jacket guy and missing half his body demon. I'm not really expecting anything too spectacular from the plot.

edit: I think I'm just really happy yahari got a second season. I've already watched episode 1 twice. I might be one of those fans that would still praise it as the second coming of jesus christ even if it was total shit. long live 8man.

Alright, I finished K-on!
Despite the fact I almost dropped/put it on hold around episode 3, I managed to kind of get into it and watch the rest of s1. The music and songs were great and I wish there were more of them, I really like Ritsu and I quite like Azusa but I didn't particularly care for anyone else. Some parts of it were really funny/good and the animation and art was nice, but at the same time I really wish there was more focus on the fact they were a music club and the lack of focus on that meant I found some episodes just really tedious. Overall, it was pretty good, but not my cup of tea. I am not rushing onto the second season or anything and don't really plan on watching the second season, but I might watch it if I have nothing else to watch and need something easy to watch. It was out of my usual taste, and I gave it a try, so yeah. Now I can focus on catching up with Ace of Diamond as I want to catch up before the second season gets too far.

i just couldnt get into the second season of kon

its just idk as if something from the first season is missing

I preferred the second season. It had better episodes. Lycopene.

I watched an episode of DanMachi, it was dumb but the MC's innocence and goofiness made me laugh a few times so I'll stick with it until that gets old.

Don't talk to me about the new snk ova
It was so damn sad, I knew it was coming with Levi's friends dying, but it still hurt. Plus I am glad this ova happened as tbh the fact snk hasn't been on for almost two years meant I have kind of went off it a bit with the immature twits in the fandom, but this ova helped remind me what a great show it is

Also, I am just under halfway through Ace of Diamond, I had really got through it quite quickly as its one of those anime which leaves me wanting one more episode at the end of each one. Furuya and Haruichi are my favourite characters, as Furuya is Haruka Nanase's brother from another mother (they even have the same voice actor) so of course I love him and Haruichi is an adorable pocket-rocket and I love his design. I also really like Miyuki, Shunshin and Chris. I am hoping I will be caught up soon, as I need some ongoing shows to watch as I am only watching two and I haven't seen any other current shows except season 2 of dna which I want to watch. Also, I have a nasty feeling I am going to end up liking the really arrogant trashy blond guy, he is a jerk but I have a nasty feeling I will end up liking him and there will be nothing I can do.

Also, regarding this weeks JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
CCQNuhBXIAM-Qav.png

KAKYOIN IS BACK NEXT WEEK!!!

Eri Ayase said:
i dont watch snk ovas

should i?
Yes, as Ilse's notebook and the No regrets ovas both are pretty interesting and add the the plot and the other two ova's are mostly about the 104th in training but are still good to watch, plus its something to watch while waiting for s2.

Ok, I am now all caught up with Ace of Diamond.
I rushed onto the second season only to discover that both the episodes so far were bloody recaps and next week will be as well, like I didn't need a recap since I had just watched all 75 episodes of the first season in less than two weeks so of course I remember the pains and feels of the first season, thank you very much.
I am excited for when the actual second season will start though.

Started Yozakura Quartet.

Animation quality is all over the place, the writing feels like it's done by a 12 year old and the characters are kinda dumb. The first episode was strange but not bad, the second episode was just bad. Weird how the music is good but everything else is mediocre, maybe it'll get better.

edit: FFF isn't subbing Yahari S2 for a while so I guess I'm going to have to watch Commie. I looove how much discussion there is in ep3 threads, I know what's going on already but it's cool seeing people figure out these characters themselves. I didn't catch some of the stuff myself so it's win-win. Iroha's in the house. LN translator got mad that people were trashing his waifu.

Everybody's been so apeshit about the new Star Wars Teaser Trailer 2 when we missed the actually more important second teaser trailer

currently watching the last few love live s2 episodes

tfw they actually made a spirited away joke in ep 10

also sorry for double post

I watched Princess TuTu on recommendation from a friend, and while the name 'Princess Tutu' does sound cheesey, it really is an amazing anime, and I really enjoyed it overall and the use of music, ballet themes and the interesting characters all made the show really great and it really is a 'hidden gem' of an anime.
Now I am watching 'daily lives of high school boys' all the way though, as in the past I have watched a couple of episodes and a few of the well known sketches on youtube (eg. the famous 'nipple scene') and holy shit it is HILLARIOUS, perfect to watch after the feels of princess tutu. I laughed so much I cried at the haunted house clip as omg I didn't expect what happened at the end...
Also: Finally daiya season 2 starts properly next week, woop woop. After 3 weeks of recaps (which I mostly skipped over as I had just watched the first season so it wasn't like I needed a reminder) the actual season actually is starting and my body is ready.

Eri Ayase said:
currently watching the last few love live s2 episodes

tfw they actually made a spirited away joke in ep 10

also sorry for double post

is it just me or does the animation style in ep 11 look a lot sloppier than in the previous ones?

Back