Playstation 3

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Hey, anyone ever played this? I want to get get this for Christmas, but I'm not actually sure if I want to

I've been using a PlayStation 3 once at a friend's house, which uses it for running Linux only, so he didn't update it since Sony removed the OtherOS feature[1].

Yeah, I've played it. The Playstation 3's a good console with lots of neat features, but there aren't a whole lot of games that interest me, minus the PSOne Classics.

^Have you seen the selection of PSOne titles in Australia and Europe? It's absolutely shameful.

Yes, I have a PS3, with about nine or so games in total, not counting any PSOne Classics. I get a lot more usage out of it than the Wii.

I wish I could afford more games for it, but I only have 2 bought discs for it along with the 2 free retail titles I received from PSN, Little Big Planet and InFamous.

I expect to be getting Modern Warfare 3 come November and start playing PS3 again. Haven't in a while.

I got one for my birthday in 2010 and it's getting a decent amount of play, though it's far from being one of my favorite consoles. I play it more than my Wii, though that's mostly because my collection for the later is pitiful.

Shit I own:

Retail exclusives:

*Killzone 2
*Motorstorm
*Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
*Resistance: Fall of Man
*Resistance 2
*Ridge Racer 7
*Valkyria Chronicles
*Warhawk

psOne classics:

*Fighting Force
*R-Types
*Twisted Metal 2

PSN store exclusives:
*Dead Nation
*Super Stardust HD
*Wipeout HD+Fury

multiplatform and compilations:

*God of War Collection
*HAWX
*Sonic's mildly adequate rom pack

Favourites are in bold.

I've heard that game has ridiculous cutscenes.

As in, ridiculously long.

May as well list me games like Glowsquid did:

Retail exclusives:
*LittleBigPlanet
*InFamous
*Valkyria Chronicles (which I really dislike)

PSOne Classics:
*Guilty Gear
*Final Fantasy VII (don't really like)
*Rayman

Multiplatform:
*Assassin's Creed
*Assassin's Creed II
*Beyond Good & Evil HD
*God of War Collection
*Prince of Persia Trilogy
*Saints Row 2

Retail Exclusives:
Little Big Planet
InFamous

PSN:
Dead Nation
Super StarDust HD

Multiplatform:
Portal 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops

And I don't need PSOne classics because all the games I want I already own on PlayStation.

I play PS3 at my friend's house a lot, usually playing games like FIFA 11 or Rugby League Live or something like that. No one I know has any PS3 or Xbox 360 that interest me.

Actually, one of my friends have Sonic 06, but he doesn't let me play it. :(

bumping this thread because Sony's currently handing out free 5.99$ credit (note that despite what the description implies, it also works outside of the Unlimited Video selection). The promotion's only for NA, though.

Meh, I'll be waiting for PS4 instead, as this generation is almost over now.

Glowsquid said:
bumping this thread because Sony's currently handing out free 5.99$ credit (note that despite what the description implies, it also works outside of the Unlimited Video selection). The promotion's only for NA, though.

Oh sweet, thanks for that.

Glowsquid said:
bumping this thread because Sony's currently handing out free 5.99$ credit (note that despite what the description implies, it also works outside of the Unlimited Video selection).
Oh neat, that'd be handy...

Glowsquid said:
The promotion's only for NA, though.
Goddammit, Sony.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Meh, I'll be waiting for PS4 instead, as this generation is almost over now.
I think I read somewhere that Sony are sticking with the PS3 for another five years or so. Not sure if it's true, tho.

I might know what they mean, because they've also been using the PSX for a couple of years after PS2's launch, while they did the same with the PS2 after PS3's launch.

my friends are getting ps3's for christmas. i asked them. "why not a 3ds" and they said "its not real 3D". they say 3d tvs look real 3d. they are too judgemental. they got Ds's, so why not 3ds? because one of my friends is a ps3fag. people who like ps3's arent ps3fags, people who thinks its the best and everything else is shit when they havent actually tried the wii or ds, are ps3fags.

Crackin355 said:
my friends are getting ps3's for christmas. i asked them. "why not a 3ds" and they said "its not real 3D". they say 3d tvs look real 3d. they are too judgemental. they got Ds's, so why not 3ds? because one of my friends is a *bleep*. people who like ps3's arent *bleep*s, people who thinks its the best and everything else is *bleep* when they havent actually tried the wii or ds, are *bleep*s.

Well, I got a PS3 for my birthday, and that was after the 3DS was out. The reason was that I have a DS, I don't want the current 3DS games that are out, and I do like some of the PS3's games. But, you say people who say that the PS3 is the best console should try the Wii first, I want to ask you whether you have played a PS3 before, as it seems that you are claiming that the Wii is the best, and everything else is junk.

Back