Super Mario Galaxy 3

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Anybody want this? If this ever comes out, I want it on Wii U

I'd rather see a new concept, instead of yet another 'Lost Levels' like game.

I would want it, because it would be AWESOME in hd. Think about it? Wouldn't it be awesome to see space in hd?

After playing through the first two again recently, I wouldn't mind seeing at least one more entry in the series. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has proven that new and innovative things can still be done with that engine.

>>Jerry
Galaxy already had one of the best graphics for Wii, and Galaxy was great, but I got tired in Galaxy 2, as it's the same concept, the same engine, but only different levels, and Yoshi.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Jerry
Galaxy already had one of the best graphics for Wii, and Galaxy was great, but I got tired in Galaxy 2, as it's the same concept, the same engine, but only different levels, and Yoshi.

totally agreed,but galaxy 2 is my fav game of all time *holds up flame shield*

If there's going to be one, it should be more of a Yoshi game.

NO

If the Wii could do DLC, there wouldn't be an SMG2, but an update for SMG instead.

Olimar said:
I rather have a Sunshine Sequel. Or something more about the Mushroom Kingdom.
Per, we need some 3D game where all the levels take part in the mushroom kingdom.

New Super Yoshi said:
Leonyx said:

So agreed. And I do think a Galaxy 3 would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it for the Wii-U. Release it for the 3DS. Think about it; the 3D would compliment the immense galaxies, and it would leave room for 3D-, touch screen-, or gyroscope-inspired twists in gameplay

Toad85 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Leonyx said:

So agreed. And I do think a Galaxy 3 would be awesome, but I wouldn't want it for the Wii-U. Release it for the 3DS. Think about it; the 3D would compliment the immense galaxies, and it would leave room for 3D-, touch screen-, or gyroscope-inspired twists in gameplay

Hehe, the NO was directed towards the idea of a Galaxy 3, not whether or not it had Yoshi in it. I don't like the trend that Nintendo is having with the Mario platformers (if people like it, make another one with more stuff). I'd rather they come out with a new game entirely, like Super Mario 3D Land (that really is an awkward title).

Is Super Mario 3d Land a truly original title either? It borrows heavily from SMB3 and SM64, and I don't see anything new, just things that are returning from hiatus.

Toad85 said:
Is Super Mario 3d Land a truly original title either? It borrows heavily from SMB3 and SM64, and I don't see anything new, just things that are returning from hiatus.

Well, none of the Mario games are completely unique, but from what I've seen it looks like a combination of the 2D and 3D platformers, which is different from other Mario games.

(Honestly, I haven't been keeping a track on this game because I don't have a 3DS and probably won't have one in the near future, so I don't completely know what I'm talking about.)

Yeah, and that's apparently the only new thing in the game. And it's not even that different, it's just SMB3 in a 3D world.

I agree that sequels should not be pushed, and it shouldn't be the primary game for the console (cough cough SMG2 cough), but if there is enough different between a game and its successor, it should see the light of day. And the 3DS could do that. Not sure about the Wii-U, but the 3DS could absolutely do that.

It's probably a long stretch, but if a third Super Mario Galaxy does come to play, bring those Koopalings into the mix.

MnSG said:
It's probably a long stretch, but if a third Super Mario Galaxy does come to play, bring those Koopalings into the mix.

And bring back their old designs. I prefer rainbow-haired Iggy to palm tree Iggy.

Snowstalker said:
And bring back their old designs. I prefer rainbow-haired Iggy to palm tree Iggy.

Personally, I've taken a liking to Iggy's new design. And the other Koopalings have color-coded shells now, which makes them more unique.

Larry: Light Blue
Morton: Black
Wendy: Pink
Iggy: Light Green
Roy: Purple
Lemmy: Orange
Ludwig: Blue

MnSG said:

That would be interesting. I might like the koopalings even more if they used different fighting methods.

Ludwig: Music or magic
Lemmy: Something with ice
Roy: His bare fists
Iggy: Some kind of machine like a giant robot or a battle suit
Wendy: Something with water
Morton: ?
Larry: Give him some plant-like powers or weaons like the ability to spit seeds as fast as bullets, a vine to whip Mario, and a razor-sharp boomerang shaped like a leaf

Back