Whats your opinion on the Mario Party Games? Favourite Boards/Minigames?

I've yet to play them all fully, I only need to get 2, 5 & 8 and the other ones I only played enough to get all boards/characters. Although, when I play them with 3 Friends its bound to be amazing fun. except for maybe 8. and 9 should be out soon.

Your Opinions? I'll put mine as I play them.

I think the games are very underrated, why do those people give those games low scores. I only own DS and 8 but I love them both and enjoy to use them.

I like them, I really don't get why people give these games low scores*cough cough IGN cough cough*. My least favorite is 5 and advance, favorite one ever is 6. I love Mario Party 6 to death. My favorite board would be E.Gadd's Garage and favorite mini-game would be Granite Getaway. Honestly, I just hate the luck based mini-games in Mario Party 6. As well Asteroid Rage and Sumo Of Doom-o :P

In MPDS they should have added way more Mini games. I practically unlocked them all. The hard CPU's were ridiculously easy. THe only Hard boss was the Piranha Plant. So yeah, that's my opinion

My fave is Mario Party 4. I don't own a Gamecube myself but my friend does, and I loved that game to death. I have basically finished Mario Party DS, seeing as the only hard bosses were Piranha Plant and Kamek (but to a lesser extent than Piranha Plant) Mario Party 8 was a big disappointment. The boards were original but the gameplay was just awful.

Mario Party 3, for sure. It depends on what you're looking for in a Mario Party game. I prefer the minigames, so that's all I really play. Some people prefer the boards.

Leonyx said:
Mario Party 3, for sure. It depends on what you're looking for in a Mario Party game. I prefer the minigames, so that's all I really play. Some people prefer the boards.
I like them both the same.

I prefer the minigames over the boards. After I unlock all of the minigames in a Mario Party game that's all I really play.

I thought Mario Party 4 was the best one.

I like minigames, but I like the Boards better. I never liked Mario Party 4 though, Dungeo Duos was fun minigame but the boards were too plain and slow. Mario Party 6 is the one I seem to enjoy the most for some reason. But Mario Party 3 was one of my childhood games I'd play all the time, it'd be fun to just play minigames on hard like i used to.

I've only ever owned one of them, but i've played three others. The ones for home consoles are pretty fun, but I didn't like the handheld ones too much.

The DS one wasn't as good as the others, but it was still fun. It was also the first one I actually completed Story Mode in.

Crackin355 said:
The DS one wasn't as good as the others, but it was still fun. It was also the first one I actually completed Story Mode in.
DS was really fun actually. It had loads of good mini games (and some I hate and never win.) and was much more fun than Mario Party . I would like a few more boards.

I like Windmillville from Party 7, Goomba's Greedy Gala from Party 4 and Koopa's Tycoon Town from Party 8 and Toadette's Musical Room from Party DS.

New Super Yoshi said:
Crackin355 said:
DS was really fun actually. It had loads of good mini games (and some I hate and never win.) and was much more fun than Mario Party . I would like a few more boards.

Per

I'll review the ones I own:

8: For being my first Mario Party, I loved this, game but I realized how much it sucked after playing it so much, and getting DS. I play in once in a blue moon, but not that often.
DS: Great mini games but the boards sucks. The mini games are great to do with friends.
6: A lot better than 8. Great boards, and some minigames are good.

My reviews are in order of when I got them.

8: My least favourite. It's broken too. 5/10

DS: Nice minigames but the boards suck. 6/10

7: It has awesome boards! 8/10

4: My favourite Mario Party! Too underrated! 9/10

Mario Party DS was my first and I love it! Mario Party 4 is great,but it is very underated, while 6 is a bit overated.

I've played Mario Party 2, 4, and 5.

2 is my favorite. My favorite board on it is Western Land.

EXCITED FOR MP9 I AM.

I'll mini-review the ones I have but I'll redo them in detail when I play them soon.

1: When I got this one off eBay it had all the boards unlocked, and I'm glad, One-Player is boring for the slow-moving characters gets annoying. With friends? Haven't done it yet. Minigames were good though ~ 3/5

2: Played it when I was 3, can't remember much

3: My Childhood Game and the one I played alot. My favourite of the bunch, great mini-games, fun boards and it had a hard story mode which was good. ~ 5/5

4: My Least Favourite, Characters move slow, Mini-games werent that good and the Boards were uncreative. ~ 1/5

5: Played with a friend once, don't own. Boards were fun, Mini-games; didnt get to play many. Cant give it a score yet.

6: Day & Night system is cool, Great Mini-games, Creative Boards and fun to play with friends ~ 4/5

7: Boards are fun, good mini-games, Story Mode-like thing was a challenge ~ 3/5

8: Boards were kind of regular, Mini-games were too point and click-y. Overall, not too good. ~ 2/5

I would give 8 a 3/5 and DS a 4/5.

I like all Mario Parties. Just I like some more than others.

Favorite Board: Faire Square (Mario Party 6)
Favorite Minigame: Mario Mechs (Mario Party 5)

Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing the original mario party with 3 Friends, gonna be wicked :3

Crackin355 said:
Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing the original mario party with 3 Friends, gonna be wicked :3
Cool, no CPUs then.

Exactly, it'll be fair game. I played it once for a bit, not much else, so it'll be cool :3

I don't know wether to put paper in a hat and see what character or just choose. Choosing is easy, but Paper in a hat is a cool idea

Back