Whats your opinion on the Mario Party Games? Favourite Boards/Minigames?

I've yet to play them all fully, I only need to get 2, 5 & 8 and the other ones I only played enough to get all boards/characters. Although, when I play them with 3 Friends its bound to be amazing fun. except for maybe 8. and 9 should be out soon.

Your Opinions? I'll put mine as I play them.

NSY

Celestial Guide
I think the games are very underrated, why do those people give those games low scores. I only own DS and 8 but I love them both and enjoy to use them.

yoshi123

~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
I like them, I really don't get why people give these games low scores*cough cough IGN cough cough*. My least favorite is 5 and advance, favorite one ever is 6. I love Mario Party 6 to death. My favorite board would be E.Gadd's Garage and favorite mini-game would be Granite Getaway. Honestly, I just hate the luck based mini-games in Mario Party 6. As well Asteroid Rage and Sumo Of Doom-o :P

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
In MPDS they should have added way more Mini games. I practically unlocked them all. The hard CPU's were ridiculously easy. THe only Hard boss was the Piranha Plant. So yeah, that's my opinion

WakerLuma

Celebi, the Time Traveller.
My fave is Mario Party 4. I don't own a Gamecube myself but my friend does, and I loved that game to death. I have basically finished Mario Party DS, seeing as the only hard bosses were Piranha Plant and Kamek (but to a lesser extent than Piranha Plant) Mario Party 8 was a big disappointment. The boards were original but the gameplay was just awful.

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
Mario Party 3, for sure. It depends on what you're looking for in a Mario Party game. I prefer the minigames, so that's all I really play. Some people prefer the boards.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Leonyx said:
Mario Party 3, for sure. It depends on what you're looking for in a Mario Party game. I prefer the minigames, so that's all I really play. Some people prefer the boards.
I like them both the same.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I prefer the minigames over the boards. After I unlock all of the minigames in a Mario Party game that's all I really play.

I thought Mario Party 4 was the best one.

I like minigames, but I like the Boards better. I never liked Mario Party 4 though, Dungeo Duos was fun minigame but the boards were too plain and slow. Mario Party 6 is the one I seem to enjoy the most for some reason. But Mario Party 3 was one of my childhood games I'd play all the time, it'd be fun to just play minigames on hard like i used to.

schmutz

welcome to the hotel waluigi
I've only ever owned one of them, but i've played three others. The ones for home consoles are pretty fun, but I didn't like the handheld ones too much.

The DS one wasn't as good as the others, but it was still fun. It was also the first one I actually completed Story Mode in.

NSY

Celestial Guide
Crackin355 said:
The DS one wasn't as good as the others, but it was still fun. It was also the first one I actually completed Story Mode in.
DS was really fun actually. It had loads of good mini games (and some I hate and never win.) and was much more fun than Mario Party . I would like a few more boards.

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

"Stuff it, sponge brain!"
I like Windmillville from Party 7, Goomba's Greedy Gala from Party 4 and Koopa's Tycoon Town from Party 8 and Toadette's Musical Room from Party DS.

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

New Super Yoshi said:
Crackin355 said:
DS was really fun actually. It had loads of good mini games (and some I hate and never win.) and was much more fun than Mario Party . I would like a few more boards.
Per

I'll review the ones I own:

8: For being my first Mario Party, I loved this, game but I realized how much it sucked after playing it so much, and getting DS. I play in once in a blue moon, but not that often.
DS: Great mini games but the boards sucks. The mini games are great to do with friends.
6: A lot better than 8. Great boards, and some minigames are good.

Glitchy Bowser Jr.

My reviews are in order of when I got them.

8: My least favourite. It's broken too. 5/10

DS: Nice minigames but the boards suck. 6/10

7: It has awesome boards! 8/10

4: My favourite Mario Party! Too underrated! 9/10

WakerLuma

Celebi, the Time Traveller.
Mario Party DS was my first and I love it! Mario Party 4 is great,but it is very underated, while 6 is a bit overated.

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
I've played Mario Party 2, 4, and 5.

2 is my favorite. My favorite board on it is Western Land.

EXCITED FOR MP9 I AM.

I'll mini-review the ones I have but I'll redo them in detail when I play them soon.

1: When I got this one off eBay it had all the boards unlocked, and I'm glad, One-Player is boring for the slow-moving characters gets annoying. With friends? Haven't done it yet. Minigames were good though ~ 3/5

2: Played it when I was 3, can't remember much

3: My Childhood Game and the one I played alot. My favourite of the bunch, great mini-games, fun boards and it had a hard story mode which was good. ~ 5/5

4: My Least Favourite, Characters move slow, Mini-games werent that good and the Boards were uncreative. ~ 1/5

5: Played with a friend once, don't own. Boards were fun, Mini-games; didnt get to play many. Cant give it a score yet.

6: Day & Night system is cool, Great Mini-games, Creative Boards and fun to play with friends ~ 4/5

7: Boards are fun, good mini-games, Story Mode-like thing was a challenge ~ 3/5

8: Boards were kind of regular, Mini-games were too point and click-y. Overall, not too good. ~ 2/5

NSY

Celestial Guide
I would give 8 a 3/5 and DS a 4/5.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
I like all Mario Parties. Just I like some more than others.

Favorite Board: Faire Square (Mario Party 6)
Favorite Minigame: Mario Mechs (Mario Party 5)

Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing the original mario party with 3 Friends, gonna be wicked :3

NSY

Celestial Guide
Crackin355 said:
Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing the original mario party with 3 Friends, gonna be wicked :3
Cool, no CPUs then.

Exactly, it'll be fair game. I played it once for a bit, not much else, so it'll be cool :3

I don't know wether to put paper in a hat and see what character or just choose. Choosing is easy, but Paper in a hat is a cool idea