GIMP

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
Alright folks, I am downloading GIMP as we speak, and if any of you have any tips/advice on how to use it, feel free to let me know! Thank you! :)

Mason is the best person for The GIMP, as far as I know.

I'd like to consider myself skilled with GIMP, if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll try to assist the best I can.

Wayward Vagabond said:
I'd like to consider myself skilled with GIMP, if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll try to assist the best I can.
I sent you a PM

EDIT: I have GIMP 2. If that means anything to anybody.

I have GIMP too, but I don't use it too often. If I want to make sprites, I use Paint. GIMP is for more advanced stuff such as transparency and animations.

For easy recoloring on sprites, you can select the "select similar color" option (the one with a hand pointing to squares of color). You can set the threshold to zero to select all the same colors.

Remember that every GIMP version is actually a Linux version, with their OS's libraries.
Try to run it on Windows, Mac, Gnome (Linux), and KDE (Linux), and you'll see what I mean.
In Gnome, it's started up 'right away', has a great control over the software, etc., whereas the other ones either crash, don't have such a great control, and/or it takes longer to load.

It certainly takes longer to load but I've never had it crash on me.

Like I've said before:
>It's a free alternative to Photoshop.

Photoshop is the most professional, also the most expensive, photo editing tool on Earth.

Back