GIMP

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
Alright folks, I am downloading GIMP as we speak, and if any of you have any tips/advice on how to use it, feel free to let me know! Thank you! :)

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Mason is the best person for The GIMP, as far as I know.

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
I'd like to consider myself skilled with GIMP, if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll try to assist the best I can.

NintendoQueen814

Gengar ♥
Wayward Vagabond said:
I'd like to consider myself skilled with GIMP, if you need any help, feel free to PM me and I'll try to assist the best I can.
I sent you a PM

EDIT: I have GIMP 2. If that means anything to anybody.

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I have GIMP too, but I don't use it too often. If I want to make sprites, I use Paint. GIMP is for more advanced stuff such as transparency and animations.

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
For easy recoloring on sprites, you can select the "select similar color" option (the one with a hand pointing to squares of color). You can set the threshold to zero to select all the same colors.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Remember that every GIMP version is actually a Linux version, with their OS's libraries.
Try to run it on Windows, Mac, Gnome (Linux), and KDE (Linux), and you'll see what I mean.
In Gnome, it's started up 'right away', has a great control over the software, etc., whereas the other ones either crash, don't have such a great control, and/or it takes longer to load.

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
It certainly takes longer to load but I've never had it crash on me.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Like I've said before:
>It's a free alternative to Photoshop.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Photoshop is the most professional, also the most expensive, photo editing tool on Earth.

Puddin

eat the rich
Is this a GIMP question thread?

Is there a way to disable font loading?